• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict our record for 2018

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look, anyone who is all hyped up every fall about how great everything will be is, in my opinion, an ignorant fan. it's fine to be hopeful (even completely unreasonably like you) every single year but it's not very realistic. from your distorted point of view i naturally look pessimistic. the fact is i'm just pragmatic. it's clear from their records the team has had more success with kelly. i don't dispute that. but look what you're comparing him to! absolute garbage! in other words, you saying that doesn't make him a good coach. i think he's a pretty good recruiting coach and a terrible coach on the field. my point of view is longer ranged than yours. i remember when ND was elite. every year! they aren't anymore. my comments reflect that. so SUE me! i think they'll be an ok team this year. i think kelly expecting winbush to suddenly become a good qb proves to me he doesn't learn from his mistakes .... ever! that's a bad coach. and a team reflects its coach.

i'd also appreciate it if you stopped your childish attacks on me every stinking year. i never addressed you. grow up and learn how to ignore people you don't like.

Nothing childish just pointing out your overall attitude. I'm never surprised by what you post it's generally one of the things you can count on birth, taxes, idseer doom and gloom and death. I don't know you to dislike you idseer saying it's no big surprise that you are picking this team to have a bad season isn't picking on you it's the truth. I was comparing him to absolute garbage which is why it's unrealistic to expect them to be back to what you remember even in 9 or 10 years when Notre Dame doesn't have the advantages they use to (everyone is on tv now). I'm actually with you on Wimbush I saw enough last year to know he doesn't have it and it will be a problem with him at QB. Also all I posted was that none of the games on this years schedule aren't winnable but they will probably drop a couple I don't call that unrealistic or unreasonable I'm basically looking at a 9-3 or 10-2 regular season with a bowl win (hopeful) but potentially a loss. If that is unrealistic than Notre Dame has no hope.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing childish just pointing out your overall attitude. I'm never surprised by what you post it's generally one of the things you can count on birth, taxes, idseer doom and gloom and death. I don't know you to dislike you idseer saying it's no big surprise that you are picking this team to have a bad season isn't picking on you it's the truth. I was comparing him to absolute garbage which is why it's unrealistic to expect them to be back to what you remember even in 9 or 10 years when Notre Dame doesn't have the advantages they use to (everyone is on tv now). I'm actually with you on Wimbush I saw enough last year to know he doesn't have it and it will be a problem with him at QB. Also all I posted was that none of the games on this years schedule aren't winnable but they will probably drop a couple I don't call that unrealistic or unreasonable I'm basically looking at a 9-3 or 10-2 regular season with a bowl win (hopeful) but potentially a loss. If that is unrealistic than Notre Dame has no hope.

NO! it IS childish ... and apparently you cannot stop. no one gives a shit about what surprises you.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. Phil Steele seems to think the Irish are a legit playoff contender. I just don't see it. Weak qb play and weaker o-line. I know they have a lot of defensive players coming back but their d wasn't that great. Would be shocked if they win 8-9 gms but I don't know shit

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an eternal optimist I think Wimbush and Dexter Williams are going to have big years. That being the case, and the defense coming back with 9 starters, I actually think we win 10-11 games. Plus a bowl game (or two)
Gonna have to wait until week 4 on Dexter.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. Phil Steele seems to think the Irish are a legit playoff contender. I just don't see it. Weak qb play and weaker o-line. I know they have a lot of defensive players coming back but their d wasn't that great. Would be shocked if they win 8-9 gms but I don't know shit
Pinch me when Phil Steele isn’t touting us as a contender. He sure does know how to sell magazines.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing childish just pointing out your overall attitude. I'm never surprised by what you post it's generally one of the things you can count on birth, taxes, idseer doom and gloom and death. I don't know you to dislike you idseer saying it's no big surprise that you are picking this team to have a bad season isn't picking on you it's the truth. I was comparing him to absolute garbage which is why it's unrealistic to expect them to be back to what you remember even in 9 or 10 years when Notre Dame doesn't have the advantages they use to (everyone is on tv now). I'm actually with you on Wimbush I saw enough last year to know he doesn't have it and it will be a problem with him at QB.
NO! it IS childish ... and apparently you cannot stop. no one gives a shit about what surprises you.

You need to take a breath idseer. I really wasn't picking on you. If I were I would have been far nastier than that. We are all Notre Dame fans here some see things through rosier colored glasses than others. I'm on the rosier side and you most certainly are not. I like to believe I keep a fairly realistic view of the team. They aren't winning a national title this year of that I am certain but they should be better than the average team you predicted. If they go 8-4 they aren't playing a top tier bowl game and in theory should win that game against lesser competition.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this comes down to Wim again. I think the defense can hold their own and will be better this year. IF Wim has the year he did last yr and BK holds out hope that he will turn it around, then we are gonna lose some close games and be in a lot of close games this yr. Again, IMO; this is IB team and should get the nod. We need to move away from Wim.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to take a breath idseer. I really wasn't picking on you. If I were I would have been far nastier than that. We are all Notre Dame fans here some see things through rosier colored glasses than others. I'm on the rosier side and you most certainly are not. I like to believe I keep a fairly realistic view of the team. They aren't winning a national title this year of that I am certain but they should be better than the average team you predicted. If they go 8-4 they aren't playing a top tier bowl game and in theory should win that game against lesser competition.

that's right. i'm on the realism side.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-2 if Wimbush learned how to throw

8-4 if Wimbush still doesn't know how to throw

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-2 if Wimbush learned how to throw

8-4 if Wimbush still doesn't know how to throw

At what point do you pull him for Book? After the 4th loss?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do you pull him for Book? After the 4th loss?

Would you consider Jurkovec over Book. Or is that too early to say? In any event, I think Wimbush will be much improved this year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you consider Jurkovec over Book. Or is that too early to say? In any event, I think Wimbush will be much improved this year.
I’d expect Wimbush to be better, but as promising as Jurkovec is, he wasn’t here in the spring. He’ll be too green.

Although I’m interested to see how the 4 game redshirt rule will be used with him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see us going 10-2. 11-1 at the most.

We lose one or two of these 3 toss ups:

Stanford (L)
Virginia tech (L/W)
Florida State (W)

Im not scared of USC. There a young team bringing in a new Qb. We all know how that story ends

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see us going 10-2. 11-1 at the most.

We lose one or two of these 3 toss ups:

Stanford (L)
Virginia tech (L/W)
Florida State (W)

Im not scared of USC. There a young team bringing in a new Qb. We all know how that story ends

I’d be careful with the young QB comparison. They were ready to crown Sam Darnold after what he did to us in his first game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be careful with the young QB comparison. They were ready to crown Sam Darnold after what he did to us in his first game.

True but most of the times young qbs struggle their first year but i have been wrong before.