• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Rangers (TV series)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, that makes this short make more sense. I don't know who the two guys that were killed in the trailer were. The one that od'd or the one that drowned. Maybe it was the newer yellow and black rangers?

Could have been the second black ranger I suppose, but the second yellow ranger was a black chick and I didn't see her dead at any point. Technically there was a second pink Mighty Morphin' ranger as well but she takes over for the original pink ranger towards the very send of the first iteration.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any clue if this movie will be camp-filled like the originals, or more gritty like the Vanderbeek project that launched this thread?

I can't really say for sure, but I know it's not going to be as gritty as the short. Actually, from what I understand the Vanderbeek short was made kind of as a joke to poke fun at all the "gritty" remakes of children's shows that have been coming out lately. I definitely think it's going to have a much more serious tone than the show, and probably the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers movie as well.

So somewhere in the middle would be my guess. Maybe something like the first Transformers movie in tone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really say for sure, but I know it's not going to be as gritty as the short. Actually, from what I understand the Vanderbeek short was made kind of as a joke to poke fun at all the "gritty" remakes of children's shows that have been coming out lately. I definitely think it's going to have a much more serious tone than the show, and probably the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers movie as well.

So somewhere in the middle would be my guess. Maybe something like the first Transformers movie in tone.
If the Vanderbeek short was supposed to be a joke, than I don't get his sense of humor. That thing was AWESOME!

I was not a fan, in any way, shape or mean of the MMPR as a kid. If it keeps the feel, I am not interested.

And that is fine. I will not be the target audience.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Vanderbeek short was supposed to be a joke, than I don't get his sense of humor. That thing was AWESOME!

I was not a fan, in any way, shape or mean of the MMPR as a kid. If it keeps the feel, I am not interested.

And that is fine. I will not be the target audience.

I get what he was going for I guess, but I thought it was great as well.

Man, I remember watching that show religiously from kindergarten to third grade or so. Definitely doesn't hold up that well ( unlike say, Batman : The Animated Series) but I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

I will say that the first movie isn't quite as goofy as the show. I saw it again about 8 years ago and it was alright. The Turbo movie was pretty bad though.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rangers!?!

Unless Walter Whites involved, Im gonna pass.

(My ex was related to The Pink one. Her Grandma was ashamed.)

Amy jo?

Kat?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually in public I have to make sure my in-depth knowledge of Power Rangers is kept at a socially acceptable level, but seeing as how this is the internet IDGAF.

The short film looks like it takes place during what was considered the second iteration of the U.S. Power Rangers series called Zeo Rangers in which most of the original cast also appeared. In that iteration the main enemy is the Machine Empire, not so much Lord Zed and Rita. They list Van Der Beek as playing Rocky who was the second red Mighty Morphin' ranger and first blue Zeo ranger but they don't say anything about the second black and yellow Mighty Morphin' rangers for some reason.

Also just some fun facts because I know you're all interested, they mention attending the original yellow ranger's funeral in the short because the actress actually died quite a few years ago at a fairly young age. Additionally they made the blue ranger gay because the original actor is gay.

And finally, I doubt it was the same actress playing Rita just because all the footage from the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers that involved monsters or people in costumes fighting was taken from the Japanese version of the show called Super Sentai.

One last fun fact, the person who did the English voice acting for Rita is also the voice actor for Frieza in Dragon Ball Z.

Yeah I know, I'm a huge faggot. You don't even have to tell me.

We are best friends after this

No homo

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday to the only REAL Power Ranger that mattered. When I thought of the Rangers as a kid, she would always be beating on me…

And, “as a kid”, I mean through college, of course. She didn’t get the job until the year I graduated HS. But that’s alright. I would have called her “mommy” if that was what she wanted…

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, “as a kid”, I mean through college, of course. She didn’t get the job until the year I graduated HS. But that’s alright. I would have called her “mommy” if that was what she wanted…
You went to college with her cousin.

Who looks a lot like her. Was an English professor probably by the end of your Bronco days.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking Amy Jo.

This was the 90’s. I haven’t seen anyone in that family since about 01-02.

To this day, I haven’t heard a bad thing about her from anyone who watched the show

She played the all American girl next door so well

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day, I haven’t heard a bad thing about her from anyone who watched the show

She played the all American girl next door so well
Dont believe I ever heard a bad thing about her either.

Very studious family. Doctors and lawyers and District Attorneys and art dealers and professors en sech. Thinking it was just judgement on career path from Greatest Generation olds.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You went to college with her cousin.

Who looks a lot like her. Was an English professor probably by the end of your Bronco days.
I graduated from WMU in ‘03. And I never took any English classes when I was at Western. I had all my Gen Ed taken care of already when I enrolled there. I was just about a semester away from graduating before I bailed from my first college attempt. I actually have 3 minors that I don’t have paper credit for since I didn’t get the associated degree (Math, Art and…. I forget now, I think it was physics?? This was a LONG time ago…)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont believe I ever heard a bad thing about her either.

Very studious family. Doctors and lawyers and District Attorneys and art dealers and professors en sech. Thinking it was just judgement on career path from Greatest Generation olds.

Damn. Yeah sounds like that.

Funny thing is she made it.

It’s like hating your kid for going pro in sports

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I graduated from WMU in ‘03. And I never took any English classes when I was at Western. I had all my Gen Ed taken care of already when I enrolled there. I was just about a semester away from graduating before I bailed from my first college attempt. I actually have 3 minors that I don’t have paper credit for since I didn’t get the associated degree (Math, Art and…. I forget now, I think it was physics?? This was a LONG time ago…)
Could’ve had art with her.

She was English/Art History.