• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your name here if

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for different results but alas the wheels seem to be falling off. Like I said some posts back, this FO needs to open the check book and bring in a couple very good high priced guys in the off season. Of course I have no idea of next years FA list.
Probably more busts in sight. All part of Servais' Master Plan.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and actually I sort of envy those that can entirely ignore who this team is and get that far up. It isn't the false hope stuff I bring this thread up for though, it's those that were slamming people who were holding something back, well because of what did end up happening. The same crap that always happens and just feels like it always will.

Nailed it.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the thread but I didn't think the team had this in them. I called dipoto a used car salesman many times.

I'm happy to say that I was wrong.
Dammit they did it to me again, as soon as I started to feel like things turned around they swept the rug out from under me.

They could make people watch Mariners games as a replacement for waterboarding but I think making them listen to blowers would be too much.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've said a few of those and am still saying them. And?

Look at the schedule for June. Reminds me of a similar stretch last year when again we were under the mistaken impression the team had actually changed course and might actually reach the playoffs.

Of course we are all enjoying wins when they have every reason to not be doing well. I'm simply not going to buy into it until they FINALLY do something with it and stop coming back down to earth in the most heinous of ways.

I honestly don't expect them to be much above .500 (If at all) by the 4th of July. Their lack of hitting is going to catch up to them this month.
bump for @seahawksfan234

I was wrong about when the free fall would start, I mean they were well above .500 (and remain there) by the 4th of July, but they showed clearly in June they were not up to the level of the top teams in the league with their abysmal showing against the Yankees and Red Sox. When we looked at the escalating difficulty of the schedule after the all star break it looked pretty clear they would fall back to reality and boy have they.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit they did it to me again, as soon as I started to feel like things turned around they swept the rug out from under me.

They could make people watch Mariners games as a replacement for waterboarding but I think making them listen to blowers would be too much.

Wow, someone else who is disgusted with Blowers- and I thought I was the only one on here who didn't care for him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout them Yankees!!??

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to get upset with the announcers, mainly Sims, but I have to admit I am so tired of the f'ing excuses Blowers and RRS use on the show. Every thing bad for M's was due to Hall Of Fame performances by their opponents and never just do to the ineptness by the M's freaking players.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and actually I sort of envy those that can entirely ignore who this team is and get that far up. It isn't the false hope stuff I bring this thread up for though, it's those that were slamming people who were holding something back, well because of what did end up happening. The same crap that always happens and just feels like it always will.

People are very aware of their past history just like we were all very aware of the Seahawks past history prior to 2005 before they made their first SB... You're getting things mixed up here... Some here believed that the Mariners would be competing for one of the WC spots, which they are... Not going deep into the postseason or winning their division... Big difference... You can count the season over if you'd like...

I would applaud you if you would've also predicted that the A's would go 32-10 over a 42 game stretch... No one saw that coming... Predicting the SOM isn't really going out on a limb...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are very aware of their past history just like we were all very aware of the Seahawks past history prior to 2005 before they made their first SB... You're getting things mixed up here... Some here believed that the Mariners would be competing for one of the WC spots, which they are... Not going deep into the postseason or winning their division... Big difference... You can count the season over if you'd like...

I would applaud you if you would've also predicted that the A's would go 32-10 over a 42 game stretch... No one saw that coming... Predicting the SOM isn't really going out on a limb...
I wasn't trying to go out on a limb. I was simply stating what I thought of the complete over reaction to the first couple of months. I did say it was way too early to pop the cork, their schedule would get much harder in the second half, and it was way too early to say no other team was capable of going on a run and passing them. Why would I have to pick which team it was? The point was there were folks ready to already buy WC tickets saying there was no chance they weren't going to make it and it was entirely ludicrous.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to go out on a limb. I was simply stating what I thought of the complete over reaction to the first couple of months. I did say it was way too early to pop the cork, their schedule would get much harder in the second half, and it was way too early to say no other team was capable of going on a run and passing them. Why would I have to pick which team it was? The point was there were folks ready to already buy WC tickets saying there was no chance they weren't going to make it and it was entirely ludicrous.

I don't think anyone disagreed with that and new it would be more challenging the 2nd half... In another thread though, you mentioned that people were saying they'd go deep into the playoffs... Maybe I missed it but I don't remember anyone saying that...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, yeah. Next year if they start off hot and have a good stretch could you guys not create a jinx thread like this that can come back to bite us in the ass?

That'd be great. Yeah.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, yeah. Next year if they start off hot and have a good stretch could you guys not create a jinx thread like this that can come back to bite us in the ass?

That'd be great. Yeah.

You really shouldn't have to worry about it, unless they don't resign Cruz and parlay Healy into a bonefide starter this team doesn't have the money to improve. So much dead money next year wasted on Felix, Seager and Nicassio. Almost $60 million wasted plus Cano's 24, then whatever Cruz gets.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really shouldn't have to worry about it, unless they don't resign Cruz and parlay Healy into a bonefide starter this team doesn't have the money to improve. So much dead money next year wasted on Felix, Seager and Nicassio. Almost $60 million wasted plus Cano's 24, then whatever Cruz gets.
They almost have to let cruz go and move cano to DH

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fucked up bad paying Seager so much for so long.

And don’t forget Leake, 16 mil for him....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They almost have to let cruz go and move cano to DH

See, I disagree. If they were smart (which I doubt with Jerry) I'd resign Cruz, keep Cano at 1B and try to move the controllable Healy...ideally Seager but the only dumpster fire organization that might take him is the Mets. Cano is still athletic enough to play 1B and Cruz has proven he can hit at Safeco. Keep Gordon at 2B then figure out CF in the offseason.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fucked up bad paying Seager so much for so long.

And don’t forget Leake, 16 mil for him....

At the time it actually was a steal of a deal keeping him out of arbitration and free agency. Who in the world thought 3B would become the RB of baseball where there is zero value anymore or that organizations would wisen up and quit paying outrageous contracts anymore? Seager heading into his prime shouldn't have regressed as bad as he has.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I disagree. If they were smart (which I doubt with Jerry) I'd resign Cruz, keep Cano at 1B and try to move the controllable Healy...ideally Seager but the only dumpster fire organization that might take him is the Mets. Cano is still athletic enough to play 1B and Cruz has proven he can hit at Safeco. Keep Gordon at 2B then figure out CF in the offseason.
I wasn't moving cano to DH because he doesn't have athleticism anymore, but rather to dump cruz's payroll for spending elsewhere (SP anyone?) and Cano takes too many plays off in the field and pretty much always has. He just doesn't stay focused out there.

And yes, moving Cruz takes away a bat on a team that currently can't hit. I still think you can replace a bat cheaper than you can find high level SP for.

Let's face it, this team has so many glaring issues that there isn't one magic bullet fix.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't moving cano to DH because he doesn't have athleticism anymore, but rather to dump cruz's payroll for spending elsewhere (SP anyone?) and Cano takes too many plays off in the field and pretty much always has. He just doesn't stay focused out there.

And yes, moving Cruz takes away a bat on a team that currently can't hit. I still think you can replace a bat cheaper than you can find high level SP for.

Let's face it, this team has so many glaring issues that there isn't one magic bullet fix.

Thing is I agree that SP is a priority but Jerry doesn't value SP that they can get. He has taken on two salary dumps in Leake and Erasmo, no legit offseason arms unless you consider Gallardo as one. He easily could have had Arieta, Cobb or Lynn this offseason for cheap in SP money wise. He doesn't spend money on SP, he pays for projects that he hopes Mel can turn around.

I think signing Cruz, finding a CF replacement like a cheap Maybin or move Haniger and find a cheap COF then deal Healy and a prospect for a 4th or 5th starter or put Gamel, Healy with a prospect and try to get a guy from a team tanking it next offseason like how the Marlins went. Next offseasons musts are a SP, CF/COF and a backup C, which means he will just spend a boatload of money on a scrub bullpen arm like Nicassio and find a C on the scrap heaps.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is I agree that SP is a priority but Jerry doesn't value SP that they can get. He has taken on two salary dumps in Leake and Erasmo, no legit offseason arms unless you consider Gallardo as one. He easily could have had Arieta, Cobb or Lynn this offseason for cheap in SP money wise. He doesn't spend money on SP, he pays for projects that he hopes Mel can turn around.

I think signing Cruz, finding a CF replacement like a cheap Maybin or move Haniger and find a cheap COF then deal Healy and a prospect for a 4th or 5th starter or put Gamel, Healy with a prospect and try to get a guy from a team tanking it next offseason like how the Marlins went. Next offseasons musts are a SP, CF/COF and a backup C, which means he will just spend a boatload of money on a scrub bullpen arm like Nicassio and find a C on the scrap heaps.
Um, there's a reason they just wholesale fired all of their scouts. I think it's clear they aren't happy with the grading and evaluation process they have in place. They kind of admitted they aren't doing their jobs.

Most lower payroll teams make their stabs here and there based on home grown talent. The M's have been forced into bloated payrolls by going after established guys and it's been a mixed bag of success even there.

This team has a great many problems. And there is little hope of a short term turn around. They don't have the talent to build up through their farm system.