• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your name here if

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it will be interesting to see. I have no idea what the best course of action is with Cano, but I also wouldn't crazy trying to fit him in either IF things are still going great. I also think (hope) Healy is hitting in the .270's by the time Cano gets back and makes benching him impossible.

Problem is they have to play Cano when he is eligible because like it or not he is with this team until he retires and can't have him turn into a Chone Figgins. I'd like to go creative and stick Cano at 1B and platoon Seager and Healy at 3B until they (hopefully make the WC game).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all we asked you to wait for.

Facing an actual team with real major league players on it up and down and they make mistakes in the first two games that kill them.

This is what false hope gets you.

We all want desperately for this team to be something more than they are. They never ever reach that. Never have, and boy does it just feel like they never will.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all we asked you to wait for.

Facing an actual team with real major league players on it up and down and they make mistakes in the first two games that kill them.

This is what false hope gets you.

We all want desperately for this team to be something more than they are. They never ever reach that. Never have, and boy does it just feel like they never will.

The boys can't hang with the BIG boys. This is the worst defense I have seen all year from there in these two games. Segura looks stoned out there and Haniger is not anything near a GG OF. The guy takes bad routes and can't catch on the move. Seager is just to fat to bend over so no surprise there. I feel bad for Paxton because he is putting the ball in play having them hit to his 'defense' and they are killing him. Not sure how all those are earned runs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys can't hang with the BIG boys. This is the worst defense I have seen all year from there in these two games. Segura looks stoned out there and Haniger is not anything near a GG OF. The guy takes bad routes and can't catch on the move. Seager is just to fat to bend over so no surprise there. I feel bad for Paxton because he is putting the ball in play having them hit to his 'defense' and they are killing him. Not sure how all those are earned runs.
As I said on the radio on Thursday, the M's are the kings of the second tier. Might be good enough to win a WC slot this year, but that's their hard ceiling. They have a long way to go to be at the level of the big 3 of the AL and it's just obvious every time they play any of them.

They have more errors than innings played in this game. :L

I really didn't mind losing yesterday as they at least played a decent game.

This is entirely embarrassing.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are th surprise team of the AL this year , as far as I am concerned. What was up with Cruz early? Finally hitting a bit. Good luck and maybe we will see each other is WS somewhere down the road

Fan of the Milwaukee(Pilots) Brewers

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are th surprise team of the AL this year , as far as I am concerned. What was up with Cruz early? Finally hitting a bit. Good luck and maybe we will see each other is WS somewhere down the road

Fan of the Milwaukee(Pilots) Brewers
I remember some dark years for the brew crew.

We would just like to know exactly how long do we have to wait to have our turn at a real uptick type of season.

Just one. That would be nice.

Been waiting for 41 years and counting...
giphy.gif

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some dark years for the brew crew.

We would just like to know exactly how long do we have to wait to have our turn at a real uptick type of season.

Just one. That would be nice.

Been waiting for 41 years and counting...
giphy.gif

The Brewers have played in exactly 1 WS. 36 years and counting. Including the years the Braves were in MIlwaukee, 3 WS in 65 years.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we go 3-7 these next 10 games doesnt mean we arent good or not ready or a false hope. As long as we keep beating who we are supposed to beat we are in good shape we arent facing the red sox and yankees everyday

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've said a few of those and am still saying them. And?

Look at the schedule for June. Reminds me of a similar stretch last year when again we were under the mistaken impression the team had actually changed course and might actually reach the playoffs.

Of course we are all enjoying wins when they have every reason to not be doing well. I'm simply not going to buy into it until they FINALLY do something with it and stop coming back down to earth in the most heinous of ways.

I honestly don't expect them to be much above .500 (If at all) by the 4th of July. Their lack of hitting is going to catch up to them this month.

At this point, it would take a pretty epic dive for this to happen. They could play .500 ball for the rest of the month and still be 20 games over .500, at which point they'll be playing Anaheim and Colorado for two weeks until the All-Star break. Those two teams aren't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they aren't Houston, Boston or New York. And that's before you take into consideration that the M's finish the month and begin July by playing the dreadful Royals. I expect to see the M's more than 20 games over .500 by the end of the month.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we go 3-7 these next 10 games doesnt mean we arent good or not ready or a false hope. As long as we keep beating who we are supposed to beat we are in good shape we arent facing the red sox and yankees everyday

True... The only "false hope" I have had is the fact that we'll finish ahead of the Astro's - that was before the season started and something I still feel now... But the hope that did change since the start of the season is the fact that we have a great shot a making the postseason... I can't ask for more hope than that right now with what us Mariner fans have gone through over the years...

If we can go at least 5-5 over the next 10, that would be a win, imo…

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... The only "false hope" I have had is the fact that we'll finish ahead of the Astro's - that was before the season started and something I still feel now... But the hope that did change since the start of the season is the fact that we have a great shot a making the postseason... I can't ask for more hope than that right now with what us Mariner fans have gone through over the years...

If we can go at least 5-5 over the next 10, that would be a win, imo…
Of course 5-5 over this stretch would be a win. I had it 2-2 at home and 1-3 over both road series at best, and 1-3 in this home stretch a definite possibility.

Either way this team just has to stop with the really stupid self inflicted wounds on defense. It cost them the game on Thur and they are lucky to get out of last nights with a W after that dismal performance in the 3rd. You just won't have rookie pitchers locking down top batting lineups while you play catch up very often. It was an amazing turn around I'd rather not see them have to make again.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course 5-5 over this stretch would be a win. I had it 2-2 at home and 1-3 over both road series at best, and 1-3 in this home stretch a definite possibility.

Either way this team just has to stop with the really stupid self inflicted wounds on defense. It cost them the game on Thur and they are lucky to get out of last nights with a W after that dismal performance in the 3rd. You just won't have rookie pitchers locking down top batting lineups while you play catch up very often. It was an amazing turn around I'd rather not see them have to make again.

I see what you're saying but otoh, their defense has won them games at times too...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you're saying but otoh, their defense has won them games at times too...
M's are middle of the road in actual fielding percentage, but we've all seen many more blunders not counted as errors that have cost them.

The Yankees are actually worse in the field which is why I'd slot them as the other WC right now. Boston is too complete of a team.

FWIW the Astros lead the league in defense. 15 less errors than the M's with one more game played.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how this goes. I've been staying away from here because every time I post it's the fucking kiss of death for this team but 20 games above .500 with a +/- of 27 runs is bonkers. Yeah, the bullpen is stout and that obviously factors into it but 20 wins on +27 is just not sustainable. Seager needs to start hitting and hopefully Felix has something left. I'm just hoping for a home wildcard game so I can finally see a postseason game in Seattle.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how this goes. I've been staying away from here because every time I post it's the fucking kiss of death for this team but 20 games above .500 with a +/- of 27 runs is bonkers. Yeah, the bullpen is stout and that obviously factors into it but 20 wins on +27 is just not sustainable. Seager needs to start hitting and hopefully Felix has something left. I'm just hoping for a home wildcard game so I can finally see a postseason game in Seattle.
Z needs to stop being k k k k k HR k k k k weird single k k k .... Add that as well. He has 70 strike outs in 161 AB and only 9 walks. He strikes out nearly every other AB on average.

He's completely a rally killer most AB's, and then the odd difference maker with his power.

BTW, as if it was even in question, Z leads the M's in SO. By a lot. Despite his injury missing games, he still has 4 more than Haniger who has nearly 100 more AB than Z. Quick glance and it looks like there may only be 2-3 guys in the entire league worse than Z in SO/AB ratio.

It's beyond bad.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z needs to stop being k k k k k HR k k k k weird single k k k .... Add that as well. He has 70 strike outs in 161 AB and only 9 walks. He strikes out nearly every other AB on average.

He's completely a rally killer most AB's, and then the odd difference maker with his power.

BTW, as if it was even in question, Z leads the M's in SO. By a lot. Despite his injury missing games, he still has 4 more than Haniger who has nearly 100 more AB than Z. Quick glance and it looks like there may only be 2-3 guys in the entire league worse than Z in SO/AB ratio.

It's beyond bad.

That's just the player Zunino is going to be at this point. Great backstop with power and absolutely nothing else. If it was going to change it would have by this point but on offense he's going to be a .200 guy with 20+ bombs and a whole lot of strikeouts. There's a place for a guy like that in the league but I just don't think it's here anymore.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the player Zunino is going to be at this point. Great backstop with power and absolutely nothing else. If it was going to change it would have by this point but on offense he's going to be a .200 guy with 20+ bombs and a whole lot of strikeouts. There's a place for a guy like that in the league but I just don't think it's here anymore.
He hit .251 last year and it seems like most of that came in the second half of the season. He had 160 SO / 387 AB. His WAR last year was 3.3. He's now down to 1.

Sure, most of his career he's been a dumpster fire at the plate, but he did have a sustained stretch where he still had power, but wasn't just swinging blindly for the seats at just about everything.

I don't know what it's going to take to get through to him, but he has had a better approach than he has now so we know he can do it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ffs. Houston already up 2-0 to open their game in a bid to reach 10 straight wins (Going back to their win against the M's at home).

I mean there's no doubt who the favorite is to reach the WS for the AL. Damn.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but probably not relevant but Z has K'd around 45% of PA in Seattle, but when in Tacoma he's just under 25% K's per PA. He's just not able to handle ML pitching I guess. I think it's mostly mental for him-thinking long ball instead of base hits. I just wish he would just quit thinking bombs and relax a bit and just make good contact. Before coming to Seattle, he had a rep for bombs in Tacoma and I think that might have messed up his head a bit. :noidea: :scratch: