• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your All Time Footbal Team

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Joe Montana
RB - Marshall Faulk
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Jerry Rice
WR - Bob Hayes
TE - Tony Gonzalez
LT - Anthony Munoz
LG - Alan Faneca
C - Dwight Stephenson
RG - Bruce Matthews
RT - Forrest Gregg

LDE - Reggie White
LDT - Joe Greene
RDT - Alan Page
RDE - Bruce Smith
LLB - Jack Ham
MLB - Dick Butkus
RLB - Derrick Brooks
CB - Rod Woodson
CB - Deion Sanders
S - Ed Reed
S - Ronnie Lott
No Harold Carmichael?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Babe Ruth play? See how stupid that question is? I have drafted him a bunch of times. I bet I can show you at least one expert opinion (Someone in the media or former coach, player or GM) who lists him as the #1 safety of all time...

Can’t believe you are comparing the best ever in a sport to a guy that is rarely mentioned lmao. Like I said you have nothing to backup while this guy is a top 2 safety and he is rarely taken in the mocks and usually goes later.

Yeah I have seen this guy ranks a lot of positions. He is a fucking idiot lolzzz

Montana at 3rd best QB, Otto Graham at 4 lolzz
Ray Lewis at the 8th best LB. That one made me spit up water.
Bob Hayes is ahead of Fitzy, Calvin, Carter, Alworth...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is the hardest sport to judge imo. Everyone shits on Russell Because he was all defense, not much offense and he was short for a center. So it is hard to imagine him being the defensive juggernaut that he was.

But how do you measure offense vs defense of a player when both are equally important. Unlike in baseball, where offense outweighs defense

It's definitely harder to measure but mostly because Basketball is a sport that most relies on your teammates being able to make up for your deficiencies. Baseball and Football to a degree are individualistic. You're responsible for your assignment and you do what you do best. Basketball is unlike that because so much of your production is reliant upon your teammates. I mean you can make a similar argument in football to a degree, like a WR needing a QB or a RB needing an O-Line, but it's not the same, imo.

That's why I think basketball, what you have to measure is overall skill set. Russell was a phenomenal defender, so you give him props for that, but you can't include him as great because like you said he was lacking offense. Just like Bob Cousy you can't give full credit to because he only dribbled with one hand. While the game has evolved, there are still staples that are transitional to all aspects. That's why I give much more credit in these drafts to someone like George Mikan and Pistol Pete. Their skill sets would allow them to be great in any era.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Junior Seau doesn't get as much love in here either as a 4-3 OLB.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe you are comparing the best ever in a sport to a guy that is rarely mentioned lmao. Like I said you have nothing to backup while this guy is a top 2 safety and he is rarely taken in the mocks and usually goes later.

Yeah I have seen this guy ranks a lot of positions. He is a fucking idiot lolzzz

Montana at 3rd best QB, Otto Graham at 4 lolzz
Ray Lewis at the 8th best LB. That one made me spit up water.
Bob Hayes is ahead of Fitzy, Calvin, Carter, Alworth...
Milk loves Bob Hayes too!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely harder to measure but mostly because Basketball is a sport that most relies on your teammates being able to make up for your deficiencies. Baseball and Football to a degree are individualistic. You're responsible for your assignment and you do what you do best. Basketball is unlike that because so much of your production is reliant upon your teammates. I mean you can make a similar argument in football to a degree, like a WR needing a QB or a RB needing an O-Line, but it's not the same, imo.

That's why I think basketball, what you have to measure is overall skill set. Russell was a phenomenal defender, so you give him props for that, but you can't include him as great because like you said he was lacking offense. Just like Bob Cousy you can't give full credit to because he only dribbled with one hand. While the game has evolved, there are still staples that are transitional to all aspects. That's why I give much more credit in these drafts to someone like George Mikan and Pistol Pete. Their skill sets would allow them to be great in any era.
I actually have a hard time comparing the old gen football players. With the new gen football players. Its a very different game. I know I may catch heat for it. But I'll always put the Montana's, Marinos etc ahead of Brady. Brady seems to struggle when under pressure. I just don't see him holding up against those old school nasty d lines and LBs. Same for Gronk people love him but he's fragile. I see guys like Lott,Atwater eating him alive imo.

Basketballs hard for me to gauge sometimes. I don't know a lot of the newer players. I stopped watching when the Hawks traded Nique for Manning :L
I'm surprised Junior Seau doesn't get as much love in here either as a 4-3 OLB.
Seau is one of my all time favorites. SC has a tradition based on his number 55. Its only given to a select few LBs. As an honor

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk loves Bob Hayes too!

I do, him and cliff branch. If I was making a team either one would always be my #3 receiver. I think every team needs speed and these are the best 2 ever. Sure randy moss had speed too but he was too tall and too good to play that role.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have a hard time comparing the old gen football players. With the new gen football players. Its a very different game. I know I may catch heat for it. But I'll always put the Montana's, Marinos etc ahead of Brady. Brady seems to struggle when under pressure. I just don't see him holding up against those old school nasty d lines and LBs. Same for Gronk people love him but he's fragile. I see guys like Lott,Atwater eating him alive imo.

Basketballs hard for me to gauge sometimes. I don't know a lot of the newer players. I stopped watching when the Hawks traded Nique for Manning :L

Seau is one of my all time favorites. SC has a tradition based on his number 55. Its only given to a select few LBs. As an honor

Basketball, I tend to give the newer guys more credit. It's not because of recency bias, but it's more so how utterly impressed I am with the skill set development of these guys. My biggest flaw when it comes to drafts is that I see a guy who I think "man if he played in a different era, he would kill these guys", but in realistic terms he's a middle of the pack big. Like Karl Anthony-Towns is an allstar big, but he's not completely dominant. Yet put him in the 80's and he'd be unstoppable because bigs back then were more methodical and low post oriented. They don't have the skillset to guard him on offense and defensively he's every bit as big as those guys were back then.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball, I tend to give the newer guys more credit. It's not because of recency bias, but it's more so how utterly impressed I am with the skill set development of these guys. My biggest flaw when it comes to drafts is that I see a guy who I think "man if he played in a different era, he would kill these guys", but in realistic terms he's a middle of the pack big. Like Karl Anthony-Towns is an allstar big, but he's not completely dominant. Yet put him in the 80's and he'd be unstoppable because bigs back then were more methodical and low post oriented. They don't have the skillset to guard him on offense and defensively he's every bit as big as those guys were back then.
Basketball drafts I tend to pick favorites. I grew up a hawks fan. So I’m a little biased to Wilkins. He had a decent supporting cast for short stretches. But he was the hawks. I remember watching him put the team on his shoulders. And push teams like Boston and Chicago to their limits. Some may remember him for his dunks. I remember him for his shoot outs. He was money when he caught fire. I haven’t watched in quite a while tho. More football and hockey for me. So it’s hard to bridge that gap when it comes to basketball

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing for me about older generations is how can we continually shit on Bill Russell, but then give historical value to other players. I feel like there needs to be some sort of standard when it comes to viewing players. I think value-wise you have to compare players to the era of which they played and their dominance.

IMO

Well because Russell is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, he's on a lot of peoples top 10 lists. He played defense, the end! He didn't score much at all, played right next to the basket and still shot like 44%. I have been called a dumbass for the comparison but he is the Dennis Rodman of his generation.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I may not agree with all his opinions but he did actually see these guys play and ran the Cowboys for like 3 decades so he must know something. Oh and I simply proved my point the guy had Tunnell at #1 you made it sound like it was a joke he was even drafted.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well because Russell is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, he's on a lot of peoples top 10 lists. He played defense, the end! He didn't score much at all, played right next to the basket and still shot like 44%. I have been called a dumbass for the comparison but he is the Dennis Rodman of his generation.

More like Ben wallace...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Wallace is a monster of a human being Rodman and Russell are no where near as big.

but rodman was never really a game changer... Wallace was king in detroit.. a lot like Russell...