• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your 2018 Vikings season record by games wins/losses

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. W Sept 09 San Francisco 49'ers - I don't think they're going to be pushovers this season, but I'm taking the Vikes since it's at home.

2. L Sept 16 @ Green Bay Packers - Vikes will need to be firing on all cylinders, especially defense. Not betting against Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, especially with the chip on his shoulder from the 2017 injury against us.

3. W Sept 23 Buffalo Bills - Should be a game we win by 2+ scores. I'll be concerned for the season if they let this one get past them.

4. L Sept 27 @ LA Rams - It'll be a hard fought battle. Vikes will need to be firing on all cylinders to have a chance in LA. Doesn't help that it's prime time.

5. L Oct 7 @ Philadelphia Eagles - Unless Philly takes a step backwards, our chances are bad here, whether it's Wentz or Foles for them starting under center. I never like our chances in Philly period. Vikes defense needs to come in with a chip on their shoulder from the 2017 NFC title loss.

6. W Oct 14 Arizona Cardinals - Who knows who their QB will be. I don't think they're ready to take the Vikes on in Minnesota regardless.

7. W Oct 21 @ NY Jets - Should be a beatable opponent on the road and the NY weather shouldn't effect the Vikings too much in October.

8. W Oct 28 New Orleans Saints - Tough game on prime time and no doubt Brees and co. will be ready for this one, but I'll pick Vikes since it's in Minnesota.

9. W Nov. 4 Detroit Lions - Can't afford to drop the home game against Detroilet a 2nd year in a row. That may have costed us home field advantage in the playoffs last year.

10. BYE

11. W Nov 18 @ Chicago Bears - tough divisional road game as always, but we should be capable of handling escaping the windy city with a win again this year.

12. W Nov 25 Green Bay Packers - Hard divisional game as always, but they should be able to pull it out at home, even if it's on prime time.

13. L Dec 2 @ New England Patriots - can't see them winning on the road here unless Brady drops off big time.

14. W Dec 10 @ Seattle Seahawks - another prime time game in a stadium where it's tough to win, but Seattle is on a decline and this is the time they figure out how to beat them.

15. W Dec 16 Miami Dolphins - should be a very winnable home game.

16. L Dec 23 @ Detroit Lions - Detroit is good enough to give us a run on their field

17. W Dec 30 Chicago Bears - Should have no problem taking care of business at home to close out the season

11 - 5 on the season, probably good enough to win the division and get perhaps a 3rd seed in the playoffs. I think I'm being fairly optimistic about it. The schedule is much harder than it was in 2017. They could easily drop the Seattle game and one to Chicago if they don't show up those games.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs 9ers-W
@GB-L
Vs Bills-W
@ Rams-L
@ Eagles-W
Vs AZ-W
@ NYJ-W
Vs Saints-L
Vs Lions-W-Our first vs Det @ USB YAAY
@ Bears-W
Vs GB-W
@ NE-L
@ Sea-W
Vs Miami-W
@ Det-W
VS-Bears-W

12-4

Games I'm worried about (all of them) but specifically
@Det
@Chi (we always struggle in Chicago, and I think they're on upswing)
@Philly-Just homer revenge pick.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs 9ers-W
@GB-L
Vs Bills-W
@ Rams-L
@ Eagles-W
Vs AZ-W
@ NYJ-W
Vs Saints-L
Vs Lions-W-Our first vs Det @ USB YAAY
@ Bears-W
Vs GB-W
@ NE-L
@ Sea-W
Vs Miami-W
@ Det-W
VS-Bears-W

12-4

Games I'm worried about (all of them) but specifically
@Det
@Chi (we always struggle in Chicago, and I think they're on upswing)
@Philly-Just homer revenge pick.

If they fire on all cylinders like they are capable of in terms of talent, they could be Superbowl contenders. You're a bit more confident than I am in terms of how well they'll gel this season given the difficulty of the schedule. But your confidence is not unsubstantiated.

If we drop that Saints game, I think we're in big trouble. And they honestly need to find a way to beat Philly for a change, they've had our number for a long time now. They can't afford to lose seeding tie breaking games to either of those teams if they want to make a legitimate title run. I just can't see them making it there if they have to leave U.S. Bank Stadium in the playoffs. To this day, I think things would have been a lot different had the Eagles been forced to come to Minnesota in that NFC title game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 - 6