• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possession limit info on waterfowl hunting - Is it Federal or State?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the state I guess. Possession in Oklahoma means what you have in your truck per licensed person. You can have as many as you want in your freezer.

This post was on another forum, but I thought it would be more suited to this one. Per previous research and such, I found information on possession limits for waterfowl hunting. From what I understand, most guidelines are federal guidelines in terms of restrictions. Localities help enforce these restrictions.

Note even in the pasted link confusion between waterfowl hunters thinking it was a MA-related restriction and not a Federal restriction. That being said, if there are state-specific guidelines that call out possession limits and list it as state, please advise as I am always trying to be up to date on what I know with this.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=139521

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post was on another forum, but I thought it would be more suited to this one. Per previous research and such, I found information on possession limits for waterfowl hunting. From what I understand, most guidelines are federal guidelines in terms of restrictions. Localities help enforce these restrictions.

Note even in the pasted link confusion between waterfowl hunters thinking it was a MA-related restriction and not a Federal restriction. That being said, if there are state-specific guidelines that call out possession limits and list it as state, please advise as I am always trying to be up to date on what I know with this.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=139521

Ah, I forgot that waterfowl hunting is federally regulated.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get yer panties all up in wad OP…hunt clubs take birds, create habitat and yeah sure the drunk lawyer hunting today, who paid a ton, shot 15 today.

shit happens.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get yer panties all up in wad OP…hunt clubs take birds, create habitat and yeah sure the drunk lawyer hunting today, who paid a ton, shot 15 today.

shit happens.
What in the wide world of sports are you talking about? I just wanted to know if I misunderstood the law due to another thread. I am in a hunt club, help foster the habitats but I also try and abide by the state and federal laws. Don't be a db by making wild assumptions.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I forgot that waterfowl hunting is federally regulated.
It's all good. For the longest time I misunderstood what possession meant and it took someone I knew from school getting hammered with fines for me to look into it further.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some hunt clubbers kill far more than the daily bag, where you been?

they pay and birds drop…seen it many times.

giphy.gif