• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Discussion thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish "supposedly said" he lost his passion for the game while pitching for the Rangers. Heard this on 105.3 this morning.

If he said this, then fuck him. Let's all move on.

But we might want to move on with a new pitching coach.

Somehow I missed this post....

I remember he said something about this years ago, and I'm pretty sure this was during his TJ rehab (memory is hazy). If this is what that is (and for whatever reason some idiot in the media is drudging it up), then it doesn't bother me. Because he ALSO said he came back and rediscovered his fire and he was an A+ teammate here the rest of the way.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Darvish comes back to Texas. And after what he said about his time with Texas, why would the Rangers want him?

Dodgers won't sign him either. My guess is he goes to the Mariners. Doesn't have the mental make-up for Boston or NY.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish "supposedly said" he lost his passion for the game while pitching for the Rangers. Heard this on 105.3 this morning.

If he said this, then fuck him. Let's all move on.

But we might want to move on with a new pitching coach.
They might want to move on to a new hitting coach also.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I missed this post....

I remember he said something about this years ago, and I'm pretty sure this was during his TJ rehab (memory is hazy). If this is what that is (and for whatever reason some idiot in the media is drudging it up), then it doesn't bother me. Because he ALSO said he came back and rediscovered his fire and he was an A+ teammate here the rest of the way.

Saw the post earlier today via LAD sportswriter. I can retrieve if someone wants to see it. I take it with a grain of salt. Darvish wants to get signed and will act professional despite WS meltdown.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Darvish vs Verlander Verlander said balls were slick and he could not throw a slider so he improvised and threw a cutter and said it helped his FB.

So thinking Yu did not adjust which is a plus and a minus.....
*******Minus Yu should have adjusted. Also his clutchness is definitely in question. He never starts out well.
*******Plus. He has a great slider and that should play out well for 2018. If we can get him under market then great but no thinking we should get him counting on him to be a game 7 pitcher. Great stuff but not proven to be that guy.

And I am a huge Yu fan. So disappointing