• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing Golf With Messed Up Wrist And Other Ailments

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will probably try going on the course in a few weeks... Won't expect much.. Though I probably should go to the range first to see how the wrist handles it

Good luck brother.

My injury is definitely on the mend and feeling better every day. I might be making full swings within a couple of weeks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck brother.

My injury is definitely on the mend and feeling better every day. I might be making full swings within a couple of weeks.

Thank you my friend... However today it swelled up a bit on me and became numb so I'm not that confident my game will be that good

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you my friend... However today it swelled up a bit on me and became numb so I'm not that confident my game will be that good

On the bright side, if it's numb then it doesn't hurt.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... I am still wearing the splint until the end of this week and I don't think my wrist will ever be the same

Anyone have suggestions on how to play the game? It won't be easy now. Add that to the list of injuries I have that screw up a golf game.

Bad knee and a bad lower back that can start to hurt in a split second and a knee that tends to give out on me during the swing.

Don't want to have to give up the game

Take six months off. No baseball, softball, dodge ball, tennis, etc.

And no "playing with yourself", either.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I can't fully close my hand to make a fist
images

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that's no fun

I didn't catch what happened to your wrist. Idk how you'd get past that with both hands on the club. Eugene is right about letting it heal fully. If it's some condition that will eventually heal I wouldn't mess around with it until it does. I've been lucky. I have > 25 years on you and so far, the only physical condition that ever prevents me from playing is an occasional gout flare-up. Fortunately, they're infrequent but when it's my wrist there's no way I can do anything with it until it clears. Too painful. Luckily, I'm ambidextrous when it comes to its more important functions.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch what happened to your wrist. Idk how you'd get past that with both hands on the club. Eugene is right about letting it heal fully. If it's some condition that will eventually heal I wouldn't mess around with it until it does. I've been lucky. I have > 25 years on you and so far, the only physical condition that ever prevents me from playing is an occasional gout flare-up. Fortunately, they're infrequent but when it's my wrist there's no way I can do anything with it until it clears. Too painful. Luckily, I'm ambidextrous when it comes to its more important functions.

honestly no idea what I did to my wrist... A couple weeks or sooo it started to hurt but I thought nothing about it... Then about 3 days later it swelled up and passed my wrist....

haha, i get where you are going with your last line :D

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly no idea what I did to my wrist... A couple weeks or sooo it started to hurt but I thought nothing about it... Then about 3 days later it swelled up and passed my wrist....

haha, i get where you are going with your last line :D

Have you seen a doctor about it ? That's how I found out about my gout. My foot was painful, red & swollen and I couldn't even walk on it. I thought I'd broken a bone. Turns out it was gout. I was in my early 50s. It hits a wrist or a foot when it flares up. Not suggesting it's that, but you should have a doc look at it if you haven't. Good luck !

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen a doctor about it ? That's how I found out about my gout. My foot was painful, red & swollen and I couldn't even walk on it. I thought I'd broken a bone. Turns out it was gout. I was in my early 50s. It hits a wrist or a foot when it flares up. Not suggesting it's that, but you should have a doc look at it if you haven't. Good luck !

I didn't see my actual doctor as I finally got a new one (and he sucks).... But I went to the clinic and saw a "doctor" there. Took x-rays nothing broken... Just had to wear a splint (only was supposed to for 2 weeks) but I will wear it from time to time... Just inflammation... Ice/heat and ibuprofen she said

Damn, don't want gout, thanks for the advice

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see my actual doctor as I finally got a new one (and he sucks).... But I went to the clinic and saw a "doctor" there. Took x-rays nothing broken... Just had to wear a splint (only was supposed to for 2 weeks) but I will wear it from time to time... Just inflammation... Ice/heat and ibuprofen she said

Damn, don't want gout, thanks for the advice

I'm not a DR and I don't play one on TV either...but, that swelling is a bad sign. The body is probably try to protect something with your wrist. I wouldn't even consider playing until the swelling goes down completely.

The good thing is ice works great on swelling...keep it iced and if you don't see some improvement fairly quickly I'd head back to the Dr again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a DR and I don't play one on TV either...but, that swelling is a bad sign. The body is probably try to protect something with your wrist. I wouldn't even consider playing until the swelling goes down completely.

The good thing is ice works great on swelling...keep it iced and if you don't see some improvement fairly quickly I'd head back to the Dr again.

you play one on this message board and I like it! Thank you. You are right I am sure... But I type basically every day for my job so it's hard for me not to use it

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't even prescribe cold beer, what kind of internet doctor are you?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... I am still wearing the splint until the end of this week and I don't think my wrist will ever be the same

Anyone have suggestions on how to play the game? It won't be easy now. Add that to the list of injuries I have that screw up a golf game.

Bad knee and a bad lower back that can start to hurt in a split second and a knee that tends to give out on me during the swing.

Don't want to have to give up the game
A friend of mine swears by this...

The Body Swing - Powerful, Effortless, Pain-Free Golf Swing

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't even prescribe cold beer, what kind of internet doctor are you?

Ya know...I did :doh:...being an internet doc in a golf chat room, I took it for granted. What else would he be downing his pain meds with?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hit about 20 full pitching wedge shots without pain! I can feel that it's still strained so I'm not gonna push it but I'm hoping now that in another week or so, I'll be able to cut an easy 3 wood off the tee and get back out on the course.