• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players Tribune; Keith Yandle

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll never forget the first time I saw that sweater. It was March 2, 2015. When I saw it hanging in my stall, I marveled at my name and number stitched on the back in red and white. Then, when I put it on, I ran both hands over those seven historic block letters:

R
A
N
G
E
R
S

I was a New York Ranger.

The jersey said so much with so little. There was no flash about it. The rough stitch of the letters made sense. It reflected New York.

When I called Don back, he told me that I had been traded to the Rangers. Literally as the candles were being blown out on the cake (there was no chance my daughter was missing dessert), I was figuring out how to get from Phoenix to New York to play in the game the next night.

Once everything was settled the next morning, I flew into New Jersey. When I arrived, the Rangers had a helicopter waiting for me to take me into Manhattan. Talk about a New York entrance. They took me up and flew me right over the skyscrapers and everything, right into MSG. It was just incredible.

When we landed, the pilot said, “Yeah, it would’ve taken you about 20 minutes to drive. Ten minutes in a helicopter. But they wanted to bring you in style. Welcome to New York City.”

New York, Let's Go to Work | By Keith Yandle

Give it a read

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good read, thanks, yandle really worked his tail off the last part of the season, i believe he wants it! i hope he gets it! we all win!!

go rangers

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing article! I really hope they find a way to make him stay here!