• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers 3/15/14 | 1:00pm

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Paraolympics, USA takes the gold in hockey over the Ruskies! Good for them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an awesome complete game to kick the Pens' ass. I hope they bring this intensity for all three periods tomorrow at Pittsburgh.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the first full 60 minute game they've played all season and the only thing that makes it better is that they finally executed Berube's game plan flawlessly. Now all they have to do is keep this up and they'll be extremely dangerous moving forward.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game from the flyers. Especially coots and read. They were everywhere.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, you almost called it, 6-1. I like this score better with the shut-out and all.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a near perfect game. Luke was a rock, and Couturier went full on Caveman Beast Mode. What a stud

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Couturier is an absolute stud. This game really shows how well he's starting to develop and how big of a role he's playing on this team.

Also, like was just mentioned, Luke Schenn had a great game, so that was encouraging.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could basically just go down the whole roster and name guys that played extremely well this afternoon. Our team plays at another level when Rinaldo is healthy and relentlessly physical, but without taking unnecessary penalties. Guys like Raffl, Hall and the entire defensive core also stepped up to the plate and executed almost flawlessly against a team that still had Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and a pretty solid defense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes probably the most complete game of the year they match up so well with the pens.

Fuck orpik you'd think after the Thornton incident he'd learn but of course he gets away with it. Hopefully they suspend the fuck...man do I hate that POS! Was happy to see Couts take advantage of that slow fuck off the faceoff...karma can be a bitch brooks.

Luke what a game sometimes it takes dmen years to get it today the lights went on hopefully he realizes he doesn't have to beat the world just take it shift by shift.

Read, Couts, Rinaldo, Raffl, etc...when this team plays like a team man they can bring it. All of you who wanted Homer out and wanted this team blown up shame on you please next time think relax have a beer or something before you type. This team has the parts they just need to play like Berube wants them to. Not always an easy task in todays NHL as the competition is tough but they can do it.

Lastly Mase didn't even get a star...how many times do you see a goalie who just got a shutout not get a star? Just shows you this was a total team effort and even though he played well others were awesome.

Now finish these guys off tomorrow and show them that they should be very nervous come playoffs....MAF i'm sure is already scared he was down on his knees faster than a skid row hooker all game.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has ever said they don't have the right pieces, it just gets frustrating when those parts don't work well together as a cohesive group. We all knew the talent was there, waiting for it to click is a philly sports fan issue, we don't have patience, we want results now, not tomorrow or next week, we want it NOW! Thats why we are considered one of the most passionate fanbases of all sports towns, but we hate playing the waiting game. I hope they can continue to dominate the Pens and play 3 solid periods of shut down hockey!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read, Couts, Rinaldo, Raffl, etc...when this team plays like a team man they can bring it. All of you who wanted Homer out and wanted this team blown up shame on you please next time think relax have a beer or something before you type. This team has the parts they just need to play like Berube wants them to. Not always an easy task in todays NHL as the competition is tough but they can do it.

Lastly Mase didn't even get a star...how many times do you see a goalie who just got a shutout not get a star? Just shows you this was a total team effort and even though he played well others were awesome.

Now finish these guys off tomorrow and show them that they should be very nervous come playoffs....MAF i'm sure is already scared he was down on his knees faster than a skid row hooker all game.

I was saying this all throughout the slump to start the season. This team can be great as is, they just need to come together a bit, play solid team defense, stay fast and physical, and find that game to game consistency of playing hard from the first shift til the last.

I fully understand that the Pens were very shorthanded this weekend, but they've been short all season long and have still been rolling. These two wins must at least plant a serious seed of doubt as to whether they can beat us in a seven game series come playoff time.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed but please remember its the pressure from us fans that force the Flyers into rushing and making rash decisions sometimes you have to just stay the course with only minor tinkering. We should be enjoying the growth of players like Luke and Brayden shenn not shitting on every single mistake. These are great times that will only get better in the next few years. Couturier is turning into a man right before our eyes! Too bad the league won't back up their anti-concussion talk as they allow tools like orpik to get away with shit like this without doing anything about it because he's on their beloved pens. Pisses me off....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but there sure as hell isn't any pressure from me on the Flyers to make sudden movements in order to try to win a Cup asap. I understand that we have a very young core group of forwards and along with that comes some inconsistency, but they are most definitely on the rise. So, if we're good now, I fully expect to be great within the next season or two. I also feel we're built for the playoffs more than most teams are and when we get in, the sky is the limit.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Mav dead on.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good games Flyer fans, regardless of the records, I think the Flyers have a better team than the Pens right now. Not even because of injuries, I think you guys just work better with each other and have more depth overall. Got a feeling this will be a bad home stretch for my Pens. Good luck to the Fly guys.