• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phoenix Suns dumpster watch!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another important game tonight. Much better that we lose this game as it is against the lakers but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy sending Kobe out of Phoenix one last time with a loss. I'll be watching.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all this bullshit with "honoring legends." Is Kobe one of the all time greats? Undoubtedly. Did I hate him and hate playing against him? Undoubtedly. He was a rival player on a rival team that killed us countless games and helped knock us out of the playoffs a couple of times. Give him a little clap or congrats for a great career at the end of the game, but this doing special introductions or pre game honor bullshit is a joke.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all this bullshit with "honoring legends." Is Kobe one of the all time greats? Undoubtedly. Did I hate him and hate playing against him? Undoubtedly. He was a rival player on a rival team that killed us countless games and helped knock us out of the playoffs a couple of times. Give him a little clap or congrats for a great career at the end of the game, but this doing special introductions or pre game honor bullshit is a joke.

Agree. And typical Suns to go on a hot streak (in Suns terms, winning 5 of the last 10) at this important point in the season to assure they won't get Top 3 lottery odds.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... especially given that Bryant, while perhaps the best pure scorer since Jordan and one of the five greatest shooting guards in history, did not exactly represent the game with the grace and class of, say, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Julius Erving ...

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns really need to question the wisdom of whatever they did to lose their top-three position heading into the lottery; one might start with the belated firing of Hornacek. And if Phoenix fails to retain Earl Watson as head coach, firing Hornacek during the middle of the season will appear especially pointless.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns really need to question the wisdom of whatever they did to lose their top-three position heading into the lottery; one might start with the belated firing of Hornacek. And if Phoenix fails to retain Earl Watson as head coach, firing Hornacek during the middle of the season will appear especially pointless.
The firing of Hornecek had to happen. There were so many stupid fans out there that took the time to display their opinion after every loss. Our real problem is McDonough. Dude is a class A dumbass. Whenever I see his face trying to defend any decision he makes I want to turn it(his face) into paint ball practice. I hope we reach out to Luke Walton but I'm not expecting anything promising at this point. I would even like Dantoni.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The firing of Hornecek had to happen. There were so many stupid fans out there that took the time to display their opinion after every loss. Our real problem is McDonough. Dude is a class A dumbass. Whenever I see his face trying to defend any decision he makes I want to turn it(his face) into paint ball practice. I hope we reach out to Luke Walton but I'm not expecting anything promising at this point. I would even like Dantoni.

Well, the Suns will certainly defend Hornacek's firing now as having allowed them to learn that Earl Watson would be a worthwhile choice as their next official head coach. But to quote Charles Barkley from January 1996, "No matter who your jockey is, you have to have the horse."

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA free agency has begun and the Suns have put forth pretty much zero effort in landing one of the great players available on the market. That's okay...who wouldn't want to stick with the status quo when you finished the 4th worst team in the NBA?

Garbage GM. Garbage organization.

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA free agency has begun and the Suns have put forth pretty much zero effort in landing one of the great players available on the market. That's okay...who wouldn't want to stick with the status quo when you finished the 4th worst team in the NBA?

Garbage GM. Garbage organization.
Whom are you talking about?? There is zero way that KD was meeting with the Suns if he didn't meet with the Wizards. I am happy they didn't blow their load on decent but not great players. Save the cap space for next year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whom are you talking about?? There is zero way that KD was meeting with the Suns if he didn't meet with the Wizards. I am happy they didn't blow their load on decent but not great players. Save the cap space for next year.

Not necessarily KD...but anyone that would improve the team. Jared Dudley for $30 million? That's a joke and reeks of nothing more than nostalgia.

It's clear there will be no reason to watch the Suns next year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily KD...but anyone that would improve the team. Jared Dudley for $30 million? That's a joke and reeks of nothing more than nostalgia.

Signing Dudley means Teletovic is gone, who I really liked, but this next season is one where it shouldnt matter if we suck. Any free agent we could have have signed this offseason would have turned us into an average team at best which is the long term death sentence in today's NBA. We need to suck this season and get hopefully another high end lottery pick in what will probably be a much deeper draft that's the one that just happened.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Dudley means Teletovic is gone, who I really liked, but this next season is one where it shouldnt matter if we suck. Any free agent we could have have signed this offseason would have turned us into an average team at best which is the long term death sentence in today's NBA. We need to suck this season and get hopefully another high end lottery pick in what will probably be a much deeper draft that's the one that just happened.

... key phrase there is "at best" ...

For what it is worth, Dudley will play better defense and pass better than Teletovic while also providing the three-point shooting.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back The Brazilian Blur! Barbosa signs a two year contract to come back to Phoenix. He looked really good on the Warriors.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back The Brazilian Blur! Barbosa signs a two year contract to come back to Phoenix. He looked really good on the Warriors.

The contract is cheap and Barbosa is the kind of player who can be easily assimilated, but his addition means that some guard has to go ... either Goodwin or Knight. There is not enough playing time for six guards; without three-guard lineups, there is barely enough time for four guards.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract is cheap and Barbosa is the kind of player who can be easily assimilated, but his addition means that some guard has to go ... either Goodwin or Knight. There is not enough playing time for six guards; without three-guard lineups, there is barely enough time for four guards.
Probably Goodwin. He hasn't really developed like most thought he would. replacing Knight with Barbosa is so lopsided it's not even funny.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't know if I'm alone on this but I'd rather keep Knight than Bledsoe.

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horford was pretty much the only other potential all-star. I'm not sure who you thought they missed out on. Mozgov? Harrison Barnes? eff that.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford was pretty much the only other potential all-star. I'm not sure who you thought they missed out on. Mozgov? Harrison Barnes? eff that.

... Gasol, perhaps, but he would only have made sense if the Suns had shed Chandler, and he would not have considered Phoenix anyway, because he wants to compete for a title.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't know if I'm alone on this but I'd rather keep Knight than Bledsoe.

The only reason why I would trade Bledsoe instead of Knight would be to potentially receive a greater return while avoiding the risk of future knee surgeries. Neither is stellar offensively, but Bledsoe goes to the basket more, whereas Knight is more prone to settling for tough threes and is even less of a point guard. But on defense, the difference is dramatic. Bledsoe is one of the better defenders in the league among smaller guards, whereas Knight is one of the worst.

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Phoenix also wants to feature Devin Booker at shooting guard, and I doubt that Knight will ever be the starting point guard of a good team.