• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phoenix Suns dumpster watch!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we wait on McDunno to make his next idiotic move....

Big day for the Dumpster watch. We get to see (or, more likely...read about...who watches this team anymore?) if PHX has sabotaged their lottery chances by possibly re-energizing the team with a new coach to get some useless wins tonight with the Raptors in town.

Even bigger is the MIN v. LAL matchup. ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAS TO WIN!!! I'm not sure who I am pulling for. LAL has truly committed to being total garbage so catching them may be unrealistic. Some breathing room with the T-Wolves may be what to root for.
Lakers won and its a good thing (if you hate the lakers). Their pick is only top 3 protected so they need to have one of the three worst records in the league to keep it.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won and its a good thing (if you hate the lakers). Their pick is only top 3 protected so they need to have one of the three worst records in the league to keep it.

I do and I think there is hope! The Wolves just beat the Clippers!! This puts the Suns squarely in the #4 spot. Let's got Brooklyn! Go Lakers!

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have finally come onto the side of regretting the Knight trade. Goodwin has looked competent-very good in these games and I wish we had that Lakers pick back.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers win again! Two in a row!! And Phoenix loses. Our Sunny turds are starting to make me proud.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have finally come onto the side of regretting the Knight trade. Goodwin has looked competent-very good in these games and I wish we had that Lakers pick back.

If the Lakers do not end up with a top-three pick, that trade will look extremely questionable. What if the Suns could have ended up with, say, the second pick in the draft and the fourth pick? Or even the first pick and the fourth pick? On the other hand, Brandon Knight still might be better than what Phoenix would find with the fourth selection.

Archie Goodwin has shown some productivity, but I would note that when a team possesses the worst roster in the NBA—as the Suns have since their veteran guards (Bledsoe, Knight, Price) went down—some players will put up numbers simply by default, because they are out there. The question is whether there is any value to those numbers and any correlation with the possibility of winning games. Earlier in the year, I argued on this board that I would not give up on Goodwin, namely because his ability to attack the basket and reach the free throw line could constitute real assets. I still doubt, however, that he will ever be good enough as a passer or a shooter to become worthwhile as a starting guard. With Warren out, I would like to see Phoenix try Goodwin at small forward once Knight returns.

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers do not end up with a top-three pick, that trade will look extremely questionable. What if the Suns could have ended up with, say, the second pick in the draft and the fourth pick? Or even the first pick and the fourth pick? On the other hand, Brandon Knight still might be better than what Phoenix would find with the fourth selection.

Archie Goodwin has shown some productivity, but I would note that when a team possesses the worst roster in the NBA—as the Suns have since their veteran guards (Bledsoe, Knight, Price) went down—some players will put up numbers simply by default, because they are out there. The question is whether there is any value to those numbers and any correlation with the possibility of winning games. Earlier in the year, I argued on this board that I would not give up on Goodwin, namely because his ability to attack the basket and reach the free throw line could constitute real assets. I still doubt, however, that he will ever be good enough as a passer or a shooter to become worthwhile as a starting guard. With Warren out, I would like to see Phoenix try Goodwin at small forward once Knight returns.

This is the first time he's (Archie) been given consistent minutes. His play has been average to above average, but what I like is his leadership and accountability. That's not something I've seen from Knight.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the season was over before it ever really began, the only thing left to do is fight (or, not fight) hard for the #1 pick!!! The Suns have sucked themselves into the Top 5 already.

5. PHX 13-30
4. MIN 13-30
3. BRK 11-31
2. LAL 9-34
1. PHI 5-38

It's probably unrealistic to think they could catch Philly. They've probably already surpassed PHI's win potential with the 13 they have now.

But I'm not giving up on them yet. Getting slaughtered by 30 recently to Minnesota showed their dedication is far greater than their competitors. Their next four are SA, ATL, PHI (!), and CLE. That Philly game LOOMS LARGE! I can hardly contain my excitement anticipating another chapter in this budding rivalry...

5. MIN 16-36
4. PHX 14-38
3. BRK 13-39
2. LAL 11-42
1. PHI 8-43

Since the original post, PHI 3-5, MIN 3-6, BRK 2-8, LAL 2-8, PHX 1-8. Couldn't ask for much more. Wow, the Suns suck.

Top three is almost inevitable soon. Before a HUGE matchup with Brooklyn, they face OKC, GS, HOU, SA, and LAC....brutal for a good team..much less a joke of one.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably missed something but why is Jon Leuer not playing?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard hilarious interview with Earl Watson. He says the team is improving everyday and he notices great improvement on an individual level. They are like 0-8 under him...if that's improving everyday, he needs to be fired immediately.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably missed something but why is Jon Leuer not playing?

... so that the Suns can showcase Markieff Morris before the trading deadline, most likely.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... so that the Suns can showcase Markieff Morris before the trading deadline, most likely.

Markieff reminded everyone that it doesn't matter who is coach is...he's still an idiot. The scuffle he started with Goodwin the other day was typical Markieff. Good luck to whoever wants to take that on next.

In Dumpster Watch news...I'm almost thinking of taking the T-Wolves out of the race. They are three games ahead of PHX and BRK and look almost competent lately.

Mark those calendars for FEB 25th....Brooklyn comes to town in the biggest game of the year!

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff reminded everyone that it doesn't matter who is coach is...he's still an idiot. The scuffle he started with Goodwin the other day was typical Markieff. Good luck to whoever wants to take that on next.

In Dumpster Watch news...I'm almost thinking of taking the T-Wolves out of the race. They are three games ahead of PHX and BRK and look almost competent lately.

Mark those calendars for FEB 25th....Brooklyn comes to town in the biggest game of the year!

The Wolves feature a much better roster than the Suns right now. For Phoenix to finish ahead of Minnesota at this point would require some really improbable developments.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff to the Wizards for Humphries, Blair, and a first round pick.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff to the Wizards for Humphries, Blair, and a first round pick.

So they basically got nothing for him. Humphries and Blair are both garbage. There is no place for them on this team. The first round pick could be valuable, but with the Suns FO, it's probably equivalent to a plate of nachos.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they basically got nothing for him. Humphries and Blair are both garbage. There is no place for them on this team. The first round pick could be valuable, but with the Suns FO, it's probably equivalent to a plate of nachos.
Oh I agree the actual players we got are equivalent to nothing but I like the first round draft pick. But yeah who knows what our stupid FO does with it.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually surprised that Phoenix was potentially able to get a low lottery pick out of this deal. Obviously, the Suns found a team that proved a bit desperate, and we will see if Morris gives Washington a boost and elevates the Wizards into the playoffs.

Of course, if Phoenix had dealt Morris last summer, when the Suns traded his twin, the yield would have probably been greater.

Last edited:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Suns might have fired Hornacek in part to ensure that Morris would see the court in a last-ditch effort to boost his trade value.

Then again, the front office could have just issued that edict to Hornacek, with the assurance that Morris would be moved at the deadline.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Suns might have fired Hornacek in part to ensure that Morris would see the court in a last-ditch effort to boost his trade value.

Then again, the front office could have just issued that edict to Hornacek, with the assurance that Morris would be moved at the deadline.

Yeah, I think Hornacek would have had zero problem showcasing him if he knew it meant he'd hit the bricks soon.

Instead, Markieff got to act a fool longer, they fired a good coach instead, and haven't won since. I'm in awe of how pathetic the Suns organization is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprisingly impressed how well Booker performed during the Rising Stars USA v World game. The suns drafted well there!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn won!

The Suns have no moved into the #3 seed. Their commitment to being terrible is truly amazing. Keep sucking Suns! (as if they have a choice)