• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies-Dodgers series thread.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning! I am a happy Phillies fan! I base my opinions on worthless shit. I believe that all of our
young pitchers will have a great career as did Sandy Koufax!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what gets me about fans. real simple..

they want to hardcore discuss the business side of things, who should get what, who to keep, who to call up, etc. but, they place little to no effort investing in their opinions. the majority of it comes from straight up, worthless, borderline mentally challenged bullshit.

in the case of velasquez. he can strike people out. he got off to a decent start. so the logic is.. ? lets not sell high, make sure we keep him and see what happens in a few years? he "might" just become something. lollll.

No, the logic is you keep a pitcher who has clearly demonstrated superior talent now. Off to a decent start? In July, (that was last month) Velasquez tossed 4 of 5 quality starts, 3.19; In April, 3 of 4 QSs, 1.78. An injury shortened June but only 1.86. A poor May, 5.12, and August. 9.39. He's not there yet, but this is the type of pitcher you can be patient with and you might likely be rewarded in the near future as your offensively challenged team rebuilds. Just keep your pants on, watch Vinnie improve, and wanking will be a thing of the past. The Phils are fortunate to have Velasquez with Nola and Eflin down. :yes:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the starting pitching holds up the rest of the season. The injury bug is affecting the Phillies thus far.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember who predicted it, (probably jvett or Northeast or both) but we are just three games away from 60 wins, 6 games from 65. To match 2015, we need 6 wins. I believe that the continued development of our O-bats and the pitching staff will get us to perhaps 66 wins this year. We may even see 70 dubs this year.