• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Update

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is amazing to me...those groundskeepers or whomever they employ over there...they get the Azaleas to bloom Masters week without fail...I think one year they had fake ones even. My Azaleas are hit or miss...sometimes they do...this yr they might.

I actually like Rory or Bubba next week.

There was a rumor that went around for years that they would "ice" all of the Azelia's if they bloomed too early but it was just a rumor.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely wide open. Might be 10 guys that could win next week at August.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a rumor that went around for years that they would "ice" all of the Azelia's if they bloomed too early but it was just a rumor.

I can believe it...we've had a few years where they bloomed 2nd week in March, which is too early to sustain peak bloom for the Masters...I can see them trying that....lol

The greenery though, they have they under control...the overseed is so lush...you'd never know it's a Bermuda golf course.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep easy 10, and there's always an unknown or unexpected guy up there. 1st Major of the year should be fun.

Did you ever get to play TPC Craig Ranch up in McKinney?

I talked to my buddy that lived in Plano and got us on there a few weeks ago...just sold his house and bought a tour bus and roaming the countryside...says he's spending a lot of time in the Colo mountains these days.

Must be nice.

But he made me think of that track.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep easy 10, and there's always an unknown or unexpected guy up there. 1st Major of the year should be fun.

Did you ever get to play TPC Craig Ranch up in McKinney?

I talked to my buddy that lived in Plano and got us on there a few weeks ago...just sold his house and bought a tour bus and roaming the countryside...says he's spending a lot of time in the Colo mountains these days.

Must be nice.

But he made me think of that track.

That's crazy man. That was probably right before they punched the greens..? I just joined TPC Craig Ranch last year. Played there friday march 16 (day in between NCAA tourney games in Dallas). I don't get to play alot but i take customers out there on fridays every now and then.

What you think of it? Back 9 is pretty sweet. You play the CR tees? Fairways are sweet out there year around.

They've got the Web.com 2nd stage Q school out there

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy man. That was probably right before they punched the greens..? I just joined TPC Craig Ranch last year. Played there friday march 16 (day in between NCAA tourney games in Dallas). I don't get to play alot but i take customers out there on fridays every now and then.

What you think of it? Back 9 is pretty sweet. You play the CR tees? Fairways are sweet out there year around.

They've got the Web.com 2nd stage Q school out there

No...I talked to him a few weeks ago....lol. It was fairly new when we played it, but we played 5 or 6 times...the last day in a 20 mph sustained wind...love the golf course...a bit too steep for my bank account, but always good to know people in high places...ya know...SJ76!

Congrats man.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Phil

That is all.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...I talked to him a few weeks ago....lol. It was fairly new when we played it, but we played 5 or 6 times...the last day in a 20 mph sustained wind...love the golf course...a bit too steep for my bank account, but always good to know people in high places...ya know...SJ76!

Congrats man.

Usually a good wind out there. Love the golf course and I'm a big snob. Most of Dallas is what I call "subdivision golf" which means they build a subdivision and leave a decent chunk of land to build 18-36 holes with a puny range. Holes are mostly effed up besides a few. CR is a golf course built first and everything else came in later.

Crazier thing is I knew the head pro from my days in Orlando back in early 2000s - we ran around with the same people. So he can get me on the TPC Las Colinas in Irving where they had the Byron Nelson stop. Still need to go play it.

Small world

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually a good wind out there. Love the golf course and I'm a big snob. Most of Dallas is what I call "subdivision golf" which means they build a subdivision and leave a decent chunk of land to build 18-36 holes with a puny range. Holes are mostly effed up besides a few. CR is a golf course built first and everything else came in later.

Crazier thing is I knew the head pro from my days in Orlando back in early 2000s - we ran around with the same people. So he can get me on the TPC Las Colinas in Irving where they had the Byron Nelson stop. Still need to go play it.

Small world

That's 90% of golf courses here built in the 90's and beyond...residential golf communities...the best ones would bring in a "name brand" course designer so they could get a premium for the residential building lots. Very few started out with a golf course and develop real estate around it. Our home track is one such course...I hate the layout, but it's close, conditions are normally good, and the price is right.

I know the developer for CR was hopeful he'd get a PGAT event up there, but apparently the infrastructure around the area was not deemed sufficient, plus Four Seasons was not giving up their event.

That river winding thru the property was awesome and in play a few times. I think that driveable par 4 is on the back...I did drive the green and made birdie one day...I think we played it around 6600-6700 yds...it was long.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 90% of golf courses here built in the 90's and beyond...residential golf communities...the best ones would bring in a "name brand" course designer so they could get a premium for the residential building lots. Very few started out with a golf course and develop real estate around it. Our home track is one such course...I hate the layout, but it's close, conditions are normally good, and the price is right.

I know the developer for CR was hopeful he'd get a PGAT event up there, but apparently the infrastructure around the area was not deemed sufficient, plus Four Seasons was not giving up their event.

That river winding thru the property was awesome and in play a few times. I think that driveable par 4 is on the back...I did drive the green and made birdie one day...I think we played it around 6600-6700 yds...it was long.

The limestone creek comes into play on every par 5. Only once does it not cross in front of a par 5 green making it hard to get home in 2.

Par 4 you are talking about is #14 and the green is crazy even if you drive it, you can 3 putt easy. 12,13,14,15,16 are beasts. #13 plays uphill long par 4 with lots of bunkers.

Picture of #13 and scorecard on this link. When that pin is back right holy cow

https://tpc.com/craigranch/scorecard/

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least. The tour has never been in better shape with so many young, and not so young, legitimate contenders for majors.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least. The tour has never been in better shape with so many young, and not so young, legitimate contenders for majors.

Definitely not 1 that towers above the rest. There's 3-5 that can get hot and go on a roll, but they aren't winning every tournament.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not 1 that towers above the rest. There's 3-5 that can get hot and go on a roll, but they aren't winning every tournament.

Let's put that in prospective. Tiger's win % is the highest ever at just 25% Jack 18%

The best that have ever played don't win 75% of the time or more.

PS. We have to look at Justine Thomas ..his run could be up there since he won his first major.
40% maybe ..I have to check.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I'd suspect that Thomas will go into a Day/Rory type lull, because that's what all these guys who are true contenders to be #1 will do these days. There is no Tiger in that group, but a lot of awesome talent that will battle each other for the next decade or so. Having said that, Thomas is playing the best golf currently in the world.

The Masters being close, and it's still so wide open that it makes it compelling. Unfortunately, Tiger is once again relevant so that may take up far too much of the coverage for my liking.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed...it kind of reminds me of the post Jack era...Norman was the man, but when it came to the majors...aside from Faldo and Price's runs, it was wide open for every event...Sutton, DL#, Couples, Leonard, Azinger, Els...a bunch of guys were capable of winning a major...a few legit and a few fringe HOF careers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I'd suspect that Thomas will go into a Day/Rory type lull, because that's what all these guys who are true contenders to be #1 will do these days. There is no Tiger in that group, but a lot of awesome talent that will battle each other for the next decade or so. Having said that, Thomas is playing the best golf currently in the world.

The Masters being close, and it's still so wide open that it makes it compelling. Unfortunately, Tiger is once again relevant so that may take up far too much of the coverage for my liking.

Thomas is, and I loved seeing him get smoked by Bubba...granted it was match play, but JT could not have liked that shellacking...he should be fired up and ready next week.

I'm one of those guys that think Thomas is getting every bit of production out of his game right now (i.e. swings really hard imo)...it will be interesting to see how long he sustains his great play.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is, and I loved seeing him get smoked by Bubba...granted it was match play, but JT could not have liked that shellacking...he should be fired up and ready next week.

I'm one of those guys that think Thomas is getting every bit of production out of his game right now (i.e. swings really hard imo)...it will be interesting to see how long he sustains his great play.

I don't know who said it...I think it was Johnny Miller...but it did look like Thomas was tired when Bubba got ahold of him. He just seemed out of it mentally, and zoned out against Watson and Noren. He did say that he was gunning for #1 when he flamed out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who said it...I think it was Johnny Miller...but it did look like Thomas was tired when Bubba got ahold of him. He just seemed out of it mentally, and zoned out against Watson and Noren. He did say that he was gunning for #1 when he flamed out.

I don't want to say he checked out, I do think the match got to a point where he was really just trying to finish.

That was Bubba's week, not only was the driver working, but his iron play and putter was about as good as it gets with him.

The Noren match I didn't see much of, but you could tell he really didn't care much about 3rd place.