• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Update

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Thomas is playing at a very high level compared to everyone else.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually lots of guys - Thomas, Bubba, Mickelson, McIlroy, Tiger, Day, etc - playing very well or at least at a very good level for them rt now or in the very recent past. Throw in the usual suspects - Spieth, D. Johnson, etc - & this will be one of the most anticipated Masters in a very long time. Should be fun.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really...he is playing at a high level, but Rory just won. Bubba has 2 wins, match play but he thrashed JT in the semi-final.

I think Spieth has a win, but imo he's struggling a little bit...DJ...Phil should be a great Masters!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really...he is playing at a high level, but Rory just won. Bubba has 2 wins, match play but he thrashed JT in the semi-final.

I think Spieth has a win, but imo he's struggling a little bit...DJ...Phil should be a great Masters!

If Bubba plays like he did yesterday watch out & he has won two Masters in the recent past. It was interesting to note several times over the weekend where he didn't have as much trouble w/ certain errant shots since most courses penalize rt handers more than left handers.

Reactions: GNG

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say that....
golf460_1534404a.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bubba plays like he did yesterday watch out & he has won two Masters in the recent past. It was interesting to note several times over the weekend where he didn't have as much trouble w/ certain errant shots since most courses penalize rt handers more than left handers.

He got away with a couple wayward shots, but he hit so many FWs with monster drives that left him 9i and wedges that he was going to be hard to beat on that track.

Agreed...he really seems to like Augusta National and when he's playing well on a course he likes...you have to like his chances...last I saw Tiger (somehow) was 9 to 1 and the favorite...I like Bubba next week.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got away with a couple wayward shots, but he hit so many FWs with monster drives that left him 9i and wedges that he was going to be hard to beat on that track.

Agreed...he really seems to like Augusta National and when he's playing well on a course he likes...you have to like his chances...last I saw Tiger (somehow) was 9 to 1 and the favorite...I like Bubba next week.

Alex Noren will be in one of the final 2 groups on Sunday. I'm going all in with him in fantasy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Noren will be in one of the final 2 groups on Sunday. I'm going all in with him in fantasy.

I like the vet Swede's game...playing the PGAT this season full time I think...missed the cut at the Masters LY...playing well though...maybe.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters 2017 odds: Entire list for complete Masters field, led by Jordan Spieth

Masters Leaderboard 2018 - Continuously updated 2018 Masters leaderboard scores for the Masters Golf Tournament at Augusta National in Augusta GA.

Hmm - just for laughs let's look at the Vegas odds for one source for the 2017 Masters just prior to the first round & compare it to the results.

Garcia barely cracked the top 10 @ 30/1 & won the whole thing. Rose came in 2nd & was a 45/2 favorite while Schwartzel came in 3rd as a 75-1 favorite. Dustin Johnson was the favorite leading up to the Masters prior to his freak accident - who knows how well he would have done.

As you can see - like most sports - the odds don't mean a whole lot - especially in golf where things change dramatically from week to week & a few shots can dramatically change the outcome.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters 2017 odds: Entire list for complete Masters field, led by Jordan Spieth

Masters Leaderboard 2018 - Continuously updated 2018 Masters leaderboard scores for the Masters Golf Tournament at Augusta National in Augusta GA.

Hmm - just for laughs let's look at the Vegas odds for one source for the 2017 Masters just prior to the first round & compare it to the results.

Garcia barely cracked the top 10 @ 30/1 & won the whole thing. Rose came in 2nd & was a 45/2 favorite while Schwartzel came in 3rd as a 75-1 favorite. Dustin Johnson was the favorite leading up to the Masters prior to his freak accident - who knows how well he would have done.

As you can see - like most sports - the odds don't mean a whole lot - especially in golf where things change dramatically from week to week & a few shots can dramatically change the outcome.

The odds are much like the NFL...the job is to drive money to the betting windows.

You never know who will win a golf tournament, but I think there's a good chance that the cream will rise to the top at the 2018 Masters and we could have 2 or 3 big names on the leaderboard late on Sunday. I think confidence is such a huge thing in golf and several big names have won recently and in good form.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds are much like the NFL...the job is to drive money to the betting windows.

You never know who will win a golf tournament, but I think there's a good chance that the cream will rise to the top at the 2018 Masters and we could have 2 or 3 big names on the leaderboard late on Sunday. I think confidence is such a huge thing in golf and several big names have won recently and in good form.

Very true. You have to love the chances of Phil, Bubba and Rose.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. You have to love the chances of Phil, Bubba and Rose.

True but as mentioned previously don't sleep on Thomas, Rory, Tiger, Spieth, Johnson & several others.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but as mentioned previously don't sleep on Thomas, Rory, Tiger, Spieth, Johnson & several others.

Well...Thomas at least. Augusta will show the flaws in Tiger's current game. Spieth can't putt and there's something up with DJ.

Yes...there are certainly "several others" who can definitely factor in. I don't think there has ever been a stronger field.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...Thomas at least. Augusta will show the flaws in Tiger's current game. Spieth can't putt and there's something up with DJ.

Yes...there are certainly "several others" who can definitely factor in. I don't think there has ever been a stronger field.

Tiger Woods | The Masters

Jordan Spieth | The Masters

Both Spieth & Woods have unbelievable track records at Augusta even when they are not doing so great for the rest of the year (of course in Tiger's case when he plays). You could be rt about both, but I would not bet on it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Tiger will show well (Top 15-20ish) at the Masters. I don't expect him to really be in contention, but be close enough for CBS to show all of his shots....lol

I think TPC Sawgrass will really expose Tiger's game, really anybody that's not striking it well. Funny how Spieth went from being maybe the best putter on tour, to being shaky with the putter...imo it's not the putter, but he's trying to find more distance and not playing from the FW as much as a result.

If Rory has the driver going, no course is safe.

We shall see.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Spieth went from being maybe the best putter on tour, to being shaky with the putter...imo it's not the putter, but he's trying to find more distance and not playing from the FW as much as a result.

He's 8th in shots gained tee to green and 168th in shots gained putting. Spieth is actually my pick to win this weekend in Houston. The greens aren't challenging at all.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 8th in shots gained tee to green and 168th in shots gained putting. Spieth is actually my pick to win this weekend in Houston. The greens aren't challenging at all.

Great tune up for next week....not!

Most of the big boys have already been to Augusta recently I'm sure...we just got over a two day cold snap, but it's been a fairly warm winter...the last 2-3 weeks offered plenty of opportunity to fly in for a practice round or two.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3