• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Chat Thread

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where we can post on going about PSU news.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What positions does everyone feel we need to concentrate on in recruiting? I believe our secondary needs help. We have addressed both lines, RB is a huge check plus more stud RB's have us on their list, WR might be a need, QB I am happy with in Clifford & Trace, LB's always have been good.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT and LB are the thinnest areas now. Secondary has been recruited heavy and we'll take 2-3cbs and 2 safety this year. WR we will take 2, hopefully webb and a slot guy like Hamler. we need a TE, hopefully we have one is a few weeks when Dotson is back with the family.

At QB, Clifford has been shooting up the charts, made elite 11 and is top 4 there after day 1. Any questions about why we took him with Johnson still on the table should be answered now.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT and LB are the thinnest areas now. Secondary has been recruited heavy and we'll take 2-3cbs and 2 safety this year. WR we will take 2, hopefully webb and a slot guy like Hamler. we need a TE, hopefully we have one is a few weeks when Dotson is back with the family.

At QB, Clifford has been shooting up the charts, made elite 11 and is top 4 there after day 1. Any questions about why we took him with Johnson still on the table should be answered now.

What is going on with us and RB's are we hitting the lottery on this position? It seems we are set up nicely for next 5-10 years with awesome talent. Past 2 seasons landed 2 awesome RB's Barkley & Miles. Then next 3 years the top running backs seem to be favoring us as well.
2017 D'Andre Swift
2018 Jaelen Gill
2019 Moses Douglass

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with us and RB's are we hitting the lottery on this position? It seems we are set up nicely for next 5-10 years with awesome talent. Past 2 seasons landed 2 awesome RB's Barkley & Miles. Then next 3 years the top running backs seem to be favoring us as well.
2017 D'Andre Swift
2018 Jaelen Gill
2019 Moses Douglass

2018 Ricky Slade is favoring us as well

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How big is winning the Pitt game for us? I think if we win it can help us big time in recruiting.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Franklin wants to "Dominate the State" as he says, we need to beat Pitt AND Temple this season.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Franklin wants to "Dominate the State" as he says, we need to beat Pitt AND Temple this season.

Couldn't agree more. However I predict we go 1-1. We lose to Pitt but beat Temple. Really hope we beat Pitt and wish we played them EVERY year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. However I predict we go 1-1. We lose to Pitt but beat Temple. Really hope we beat Pitt and wish we played them EVERY year.

Just curious why you think we lose to Pitt? It will be essentially a home game for PSU in Heinz field, they lost their entire passing game and frankly 80% of their offense in Boyd and their defense is nothing to write home about. I also wish we never played them, let them rot in their empty stadium. They had their chance to play us every year and refused to for the Eastenr All sports conference Joe always wanted

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why you think we lose to Pitt? It will be essentially a home game for PSU in Heinz field, they lost their entire passing game and frankly 80% of their offense in Boyd and their defense is nothing to write home about. I also wish we never played them, let them rot in their empty stadium. They had their chance to play us every year and refused to for the Eastenr All sports conference Joe always wanted

First the so called experts (Vegas) has us as a 9pt underdog (I don't see us losing by that much). Second its essentially a home game for Pitt because its their house. Pittsburgh Panthers plays in Pittsburgh sounds like to me they have the home field advantage. Of course its not a huge advantage for them but still in their favor. Pitt has RB Conner returning to the field. I feel they have the better talent and I just don't trust Franklin as a good coach yet and I like Pat Narduzzi a lot more. I hate Pitt so much and hope we destroy them. Wonder how much of our offense we show against Kent St. I feel we hold back a little and not show are whole hand.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First the so called experts (Vegas) has us as a 9pt underdog (I don't see us losing by that much). Second its essentially a home game for Pitt because its their house. Pittsburgh Panthers plays in Pittsburgh sounds like to me they have the home field advantage. Of course its not a huge advantage for them but still in their favor. Pitt has RB Conner returning to the field. I feel they have the better talent and I just don't trust Franklin as a good coach yet and I like Pat Narduzzi a lot more. I hate Pitt so much and hope we destroy them. Wonder how much of our offense we show against Kent St. I feel we hold back a little and not show are whole hand.

Conner is recovering from Cancer AND an ACL, won't be close to 100%. You'll see more PSU fans than Pitt fans at that game, that's a fact. A large chunk of Pitt season ticket sales are PSU fans buying for the PSU game. Yeah, odds for a game in September that come out in May are usually pretty accurate, especially when so many things have changed for both squads. Franklin is fine, this is like his first real season, he won 15 games with half a damn roster over 2 years. Our offense is a bad matchup for Nardickhead, he has struggled mightily with spread option and mobile QBs and I'd love to know who's going to stop #26 on their end...they have a lousy front 7. I got my ticket already and its on my birtyhday, mark it down, we are not losing that game and I think we have a far better chance winning by 9 than losing by 9 that is for certain.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner is recovering from Cancer AND an ACL, won't be close to 100%. You'll see more PSU fans than Pitt fans at that game, that's a fact. A large chunk of Pitt season ticket sales are PSU fans buying for the PSU game. Yeah, odds for a game in September that come out in May are usually pretty accurate, especially when so many things have changed for both squads. Franklin is fine, this is like his first real season, he won 15 games with half a damn roster over 2 years. Our offense is a bad matchup for Nardickhead, he has struggled mightily with spread option and mobile QBs and I'd love to know who's going to stop #26 on their end...they have a lousy front 7. I got my ticket already and its on my birtyhday, mark it down, we are not losing that game and I think we have a far better chance winning by 9 than losing by 9 that is for certain.

Hope you get your birthday present a PSU win :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tune in to Big3live stream, Miles Sanders is putting on a show WOW, he's gonna be a weapon this season. He and Barkley is just a filthy duo. Miles also playing a lot in slot and made a great TD catch

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I liked about Franklin was his recruiting. Everything else about him had me wondering if he could improve. Now I am little worried since we haven't landed a recruit in awhile.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I liked about Franklin was his recruiting. Everything else about him had me wondering if he could improve. Now I am little worried since we haven't landed a recruit in awhile.

Lasch Bash this weekend, we'll get at least a couple at or on heels of it. We are also in VERY good shape with Wade.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lasch Bash this weekend, we'll get at least a couple at or on heels of it. We are also in VERY good shape with Wade.

If no one commits this weekend would you be worried then

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one commits this weekend would you be worried then

I think a lot of the more highly ranked kids we are pursuing are in wait and see if we do indeed change the O and improve mode. Wade is primed for us, but not going to pop till we play some games, I could see us landing a WR and a player in secondary or an LB.....Hippenhammer on commit watch for sure. Sounds like Jordan Anthony may be in town as well, which would be HUGE. They aren't going to panic and take kids they can get later if they miss on others just to fill up in july

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we all still happy with the banner? I am.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any issues with it.

Buy the way, has everyone seen the new locker rooms? Holy crap are they nice. Players and recruits loving them.