• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penn State @ #4 Ohio State

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU has bright future at QB, that is for sure

Just had a tough game

I was impressed by his ability to take a hit (and there were many) and still deliver the pass. He was a bit over-hyped tonight but in the next couple of years as PSU gets more schollies back he is going to be a nightmare.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second team just got burnt... lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice run thar by Robinson

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice run by Robinson against third-stringers. :whistle:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones went to Fork Union Military Academy.
So, Mr. Jones, where'd you go to school?

Fork U!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worried about the offense going forward. Clearly our D is whats been affected the most.

Luke91577

O-H-I-O
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how when we dominate, you don't see posts from the haters. They must have passed out! :scratch:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarassing
I agree....Allowing Miller to run without a spy was bad coaching. Every other team Ohio State played this year made every attempt to keep Miller from running for 1st downs and managed to play Ohio State close. Miller is a great runner and a so-so passer; Penn State should have boxed him in better. Same thing happened last year. As I mentioned before the game, Ohio State has balance and Penn State didn't have the talent to hang in there. Hackenberg is just a freshman and is doing as well as he can and does not have much of a backfield to help. Bolton is too small and Zwinik can't hold on to the ball. Chances are, he will be a better Pro than college quarterback. Any team with a running quarterback that can throw will be very tough on the Buckeye defense; Hackenberg is not that guy. I'm thinking if Ohio State plays Oregon in the Rose Bowl, Mariota is just that guy who is both a better runner and passer than Miller and Ohio State's defense will be hard pressed to hang with that bunch.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when we let you win.

Yup, that was a bad loss for Michigan. Penn State was very fortunate to win that game as Gardner got no help from his receivers or his backfield. Actually I like your chances against Ohio State a lot better than I did for Penn State because of Gardner who is very elusive and actually can throw some. Your defense against the run is better as well. Box Miller in and shoot some linebackers to clog up the middle and Ohio State has some issues.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me @ "Miller is a so-so passer" .....

70% completion percentage, 5.5-1 TD/INT ratio, QB rating of 168.5, 200 yards passing per game and throwing lasers down field.

The throws he made against Wisconsin and Penn State are NFL throws. He's proven to be a pretty good passer this year. Anyone who says otherwise must not be watching him play ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me @ "Miller is a so-so passer" .....

70% completion percentage, 5.5-1 TD/INT ratio, QB rating of 168.5, 200 yards passing per game and throwing lasers down field.

The throws he made against Wisconsin and Penn State are NFL throws.

As far as college quarterbacks are concerned; Miller is outstanding. My opinion is he gets a lot on single coverage because he is such a good runner and has a great backfield so teams have to keep 8 in the box in order to deal with that. That certainly open up passing opportunities and that is why he has an excellent AB rating. IMO, he will not be a high draft choice. Mariota will be a high draft pick because not only is he an excellent runner; he has a great arm. At any rate; not knocking Miller; just think the circumstances lend themselves to provide a picture that is not there.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit...Mizzou, in double OT on a missed fg, just lost to USCe. OSU's BCS claims just brightened. Lot of games left for ORE, BAMA and/or FSU to fuck up.

like that 'and/or' Maize? (lying sack, you won't eat that hat in any case)

Unfortunately for Ohio State, we need 2 of the 3 ahead of us to lose. While its a decent chance that one of them drops, I have a hard time believing that 2 of them drop.

Not much Ohio State can do though. Just keep winning and keep the pressure up. :yahoo:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as college quarterbacks are concerned; Miller is outstanding. My opinion is he gets a lot on single coverage because he is such a good runner and has a great backfield so teams have to keep 8 in the box in order to deal with that. That certainly open up passing opportunities and that is why he has an excellent AB rating. IMO, he will not be a high draft choice. Mariota will be a high draft pick because not only is he an excellent runner; he has a great arm. At any rate; not knocking Miller; just think the circumstances lend themselves to provide a picture that is not there.

So you don't think Mariota benefits from his backfield? And you don't think Miller has a good arm ...

o.O

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think Mariota benefits from his backfield? And you don't think Miller has a good arm ...

o.O

yes to the first part and no to the second. Miller, IMO, is not accurate enough and timing routs are lacking.....he is a runner first; passer second. If he goes pro this year, there will be several quarterbacks taken before him. Reminds me of Tebow; great college quarterback; won't do well in the pros. Really doesn';t matter; he's great for Ohio State so you should be happy about that as we were delighted to have Tebow on our team.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes to the first part and no to the second. Miller, IMO, is not accurate enough and timing routs are lacking.....he is a runner first; passer second. If he goes pro this year, there will be several quarterbacks taken before him. Reminds me of Tebow; great college quarterback; won't do well in the pros. Really doesn';t matter; he's great for Ohio State so you should be happy about that as we were delighted to have Tebow on our team.

That's just crazy talk ... Miller has stayed in the pocket 95% of the time this year. To the point, SOME fans actually began complaining that he should take off more.

How much have you actually seen him play this year? His game is completely different than his first two years ... where he would take off as soon as he saw a running lane. He's been sitting in the pocket almost exclusively this year. Almost ALL of his runs have come on designed QB runs or roll out options.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with Rune. I want to see Miller face a defense like Stanford or something and light them up before I can fully agree he's an NFL QB

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing more discouraging than to see your rival destroy a team that you took to 4 OTs and lost.......I guess, other than your rival doing that to your team; which I suspect is coming.

Well, at least we'll get to dominate little brother before our season ending disappointment.

I thought you were claiming a 10 point margin of victory for Michigan over Ohio State?