• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn state 2019 Recruiting Thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting development here.. 4* S Nick Cross from DeMatha announced he was scheduled to commit yesterday then announced he wouldn't be committing yesterday or doing any interviews. This is interesting because he was seen as a heavy FSU lean but there is some talk that his parents love PSU and may be trying to push him in that direction, hence the cancelled announcement. I think PSU's chances get better the longer he delays the announcement. This would be a massive get, Cross is a really great player. Would be great to potentially pair with Cine or be a nice replacement for Cine if he chooses to go elsewhere.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey porter Jr got the green light and pulled the trigger. Saw him play live last week. He can really move at his size. Could see him as an OLB or monster at safety once he hits PSU weight program.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Marcus Allen type after watching tape.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Marcus Allen type after watching tape.

Similiar size, think he's faster than Marcus though. Speaking of Marcus, I met his dad Saturday. Saw a guy in a Steelers Allen jersey, told him how much I liked it, he said thanks, that's my son haha. Porter can play, kind of athlete they'll plug in somewhere and he'll find the field. Was very impressed in person.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus played against my nephews in HS. I have met him and his Dad. We have a lot of talent in PG County. Hell! McSorley is from just across the river in Ashburn. A coworker told me all about him while he was still in HS. Navorro is a family friend. D Williams another local guy.

Porter Jr. looked fast in the video I watched but sometimes hard to tell when they are running against HS players. Add 30lbs and you have a guy that could be an awesome safety, especially if he has range.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* TE Brenton Strange from West Virginia commits to PSU. This is a nice get, kid is pretty athletic and could be a good TE if he can add some weight. OSU was in on him as well so it's nice to keep him away from them too.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* TE Brenton Strange from West Virginia commits to PSU. This is a nice get, kid is pretty athletic and could be a good TE if he can add some weight. OSU was in on him as well so it's nice to keep him away from them too.

yeah, staff loved him. they went from not taking a TE to offering him immediately when he worked out for them at camp

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, staff loved him. they went from not taking a TE to offering him immediately when he worked out for them at camp

Still think this class gets to the full 25? Sitting at 17 right now with quite a few targets still out there. How many WR do you think they'll take? Simmons seems like a solid commit and Dunmore looks a lot more solid now that FSU has been a dumpster fire this year but Curry and Bell both seem like they have legit interest. Any way they can take both?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they definitely go full 25. I hope they slow play curry, they love Bell and would find a spot for him, but I would rather not take 4WR.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they definitely go full 25. I hope they slow play curry, they love Bell and would find a spot for him, but I would rather not take 4WR.

What positions do you think they're looking for between those last 8 spots? I think my predictions would be

QB: done

RB: Aaron Young?

WR: Bell, Curry?

TE: done

OL: Moore, maybe they can get back in on Darnell Wright after the whiteout visit?

DL: Isaac, JHH, Harrison (assuming he'd have a spot no matter what), Smiley?, Rodas Johnson?

LB: Andre White?

DB: Cine, Pola Gates?

Obviously that's more than the 8 slots that they have left but those seem like the most likely targets. What does everyone else think?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we done with recruiting?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like Emory Simmons may not be a part of this class. Visiting UNC thus weekend, was supposed to be at PSU....he is from NC, sounds like family looking for excuse for him to stay in state and Mack Brown may be the ticket for them

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking good for Noah Cain trending our way. Our RB haul over the last 5 years has been insane....Barkley, Sanders, Slade, Ford, Cain....not to mention Robinson who was highly rated and transferred

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking good for Noah Cain trending our way. Our RB haul over the last 5 years has been insane....Barkley, Sanders, Slade, Ford, Cain....not to mention Robinson who was highly rated and transferred

Appear to be in a good spot for Tyree next year as well. Maybe Lloyd as well but with UMD hiring Locksley and bringing in the DeMatha coach on staff that one looks significantly more murky now.

Also, what are they gonna do at WR in this cycle? Looks like they're on the outside looking in for all of Bell, Curry, and Cornelius Johnson right now. There's already a lot of young talent in the WR room, would they be content with just taking Dunmore and calling it a day?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appear to be in a good spot for Tyree next year as well. Maybe Lloyd as well but with UMD hiring Locksley and bringing in the DeMatha coach on staff that one looks significantly more murky now.

Also, what are they gonna do at WR in this cycle? Looks like they're on the outside looking in for all of Bell, Curry, and Cornelius Johnson right now. There's already a lot of young talent in the WR room, would they be content with just taking Dunmore and calling it a day?

They offered a kid from Indy the other day, still have the second signing day to recruit kids who don't signe next week. They'll assess where tehy are after next Wednesday and go from there.

Interesting note, Kurelic, the super homer OSU guy who lives in Zach Harrison school district says its down to PSU-OSU and just put his crystal ball on cloudy. If we pull that one out of the hat on signing day to go along with Asida Isaac, WOW.

As for Lloyd, Maryland still has to go out and play games. They will be even worse next year, Locksley is a terrible coach, 3-31 record including 1-5 at Maryland as interim, his staff is a bunch of HS coaches and rejects from places like Rutgers. We will have another 10+ win season, pummel Maryland and get our share again from that state. Yeah, he'll convince a couple kids to stay home, but whne push comes to shove and they visit PSU, OSU, ND, UGA, etc, they are gone

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered a kid from Indy the other day, still have the second signing day to recruit kids who don't signe next week. They'll assess where tehy are after next Wednesday and go from there.

Interesting note, Kurelic, the super homer OSU guy who lives in Zach Harrison school district says its down to PSU-OSU and just put his crystal ball on cloudy. If we pull that one out of the hat on signing day to go along with Asida Isaac, WOW.

As for Lloyd, Maryland still has to go out and play games. They will be even worse next year, Locksley is a terrible coach, 3-31 record including 1-5 at Maryland as interim, his staff is a bunch of HS coaches and rejects from places like Rutgers. We will have another 10+ win season, pummel Maryland and get our share again from that state. Yeah, he'll convince a couple kids to stay home, but whne push comes to shove and they visit PSU, OSU, ND, UGA, etc, they are gone

That note on Harrison is very interesting. Has anyone corroborated with Kurelic on that? It seemed like he was bound for Michigan for quite a while so it's kind of interesting to me that it might suddenly be down to PSU-OSU. If they do manage to land Harrison would that push another DE out of the class? Most likely Smith Vilbert, who PSU seems to have gained some traction with?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That note on Harrison is very interesting. Has anyone corroborated with Kurelic on that? It seemed like he was bound for Michigan for quite a while so it's kind of interesting to me that it might suddenly be down to PSU-OSU. If they do manage to land Harrison would that push another DE out of the class? Most likely Smith Vilbert, who PSU seems to have gained some traction with?

If some of these guys want to wait, they run the risk of getting left out.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on about Locksley. He has a terrible record as a head coach. No clue what MD was thinking. They should have signed Canada.