• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GNT/GDT week 21 (Feb 22 - 28)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week's schedule...

Wednesday, February 24th @ Boston Bruins

Saturday, February 27th vs Winnipeg Jets

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, messed up the thread title. Shouldve typed week 21 not week 20, my bad guys :doh:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go pens!

How nice would Erickson look with the Pens?!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious weakness to this team, no 2 way dmen. We don't have guys who could make a stop on defense & then start an offensive rush. If we had 2 guys that could do that, it would help the team tremendously.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a good shot at the playoffs, odds still favor us over the Devils, Senators, & Hurricanes, but we would likely start out against the Capitals. I wouldn't be disappointed missing the playoffs to improve our draft position.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ugly...this teams D is poor and no scoring from the left side. You hit/body up Sid and he wilts...that line was non existent. Skid has been non existent for 7 games.

I will be happy IF this team makes the playoffs...I believe 16 of their last 21 are against the metro. ugggg

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ugly...this teams D is poor and no scoring from the left side. You hit/body up Sid and he wilts...that line was non existent. Skid has been non existent for 7 games.

I will be happy IF this team makes the playoffs...I believe 16 of their last 21 are against the metro. ugggg
We're up in points plus have games on hand over the Devils, Hurricanes, & Senators, so I think we more than likely make the playoffs. I would rather we not tho.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have to take this one. Both NJ and Carolina lost last night. Pens have four games in hand on both of them. Win today, and they open a three point lead with three games in hand on the Devils.

It really looks like the wild card standings are starting to solidify. Philly would be the only x-factor left if the Pens take care of business with the games in hand they currently hold over the Canes and Devils. The Pens have only one game in hand on the flyers, but they hold a three point lead on them, and the flyers are really shitty this season. They just lost their TOI leader in Michael Del Zotto. Pens control their own destiny as long as they win the games they are supposed to. Starting with this layup against the Jets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Layup converted. 4-1 victory, and Hutchinson robbed them of a few more. (The save he made on Crosby was unreal.)

Hagelin and Kessel looked especially great with Malkin back to give them some extra space. I hope Sheary's okay, because Wilson and Sheary looked really good with Bonino between them.

Also, Ian Cole is a much better defenseman when he can be used on the third pairing. He played another strong game today. As long as his exposure is limited, he's useful, and he seems to work well with Pouliot.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ LOL, yeah they tapped that one off the backboard and swoosh!

That's the way it should have been. Winnipeg just traded their captain, and true to form, as a team, they looked very disjointed. All four lines contributed. Bonino and Malkin looked good, but need time.

Really getting excited about the youth on the 3rd and 4th lines. None of them seem to be chasing the game. Rust, Wilson, Kuhnhackl and Sheary are all impressive in my eyes. Them playing meaningful minutes down the stretch here will be so important for the future. Both the post-season this year, and beyond.

When was the last time any of us can remember this much homegrown youth on the team at the same time. When you throw in the defensemen and Murray, they make up almost a 3rd of the current roster! That is excellent news, IMO. Cost effective youth, that have speed and desire. It makes all the difference in the games that are yet to be played when the stakes get raised every night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ LOL, yeah they tapped that one off the backboard and swoosh!

That's the way it should have been. Winnipeg just traded their captain, and true to form, as a team, they looked very disjointed. All four lines contributed. Bonino and Malkin looked good, but need time.

Really getting excited about the youth on the 3rd and 4th lines. None of them seem to be chasing the game. Rust, Wilson, Kuhnhackl and Sheary are all impressive in my eyes. Them playing meaningful minutes down the stretch here will be so important for the future. Both the post-season this year, and beyond.

When was the last time any of us can remember this much homegrown youth on the team at the same time. When you throw in the defensemen and Murray, they make up almost a 3rd of the current roster! That is excellent news, IMO. Cost effective youth, that have speed and desire. It makes all the difference in the games that are yet to be played when the stakes get raised every night.

Kuhnhackl's good in the corners, but he's still the weak link in my eyes, and should be the guy sent down when Fehr gets back, but for next year, he, Rust, and Sundqvist should all be valuable bottom six pieces.

Wilson and Sheary might end up on Sid's wings before long, though. They're good skaters, creative, and have really good offensive instincts.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rust and Wilson should be on the team rest of the year, no question.

I think Rust and Sheary bring similar things, but Rust is just better, his game reminds me of Lee Stempniak.