• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 24 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get to see the Pens as often as I'd like, but the lack of scoring is a huge problem. If that doesn't change right away, we may not get out of the first round (unless we play the Caps!)

And, if we do get bounced early, I doubt it'll be because of Fleury.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get to see the Pens as often as I'd like, but the lack of scoring is a huge problem. If that doesn't change right away, we may not get out of the first round (unless we play the Caps!)

And, if we do get bounced early, I doubt it'll be because of Fleury.

I think they also need to get Pouliot back on the ice. I read that they sent him down mostly because of salary cap reasons, and not because of a lack of confidence in him. They're 0-4 since he was demoted.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wan t Pouliot back just to watch him skate, pass and shoot...Dude is very good and is what this team needs...an actual threat from the blue line, offensively

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hear actually has confidence that the Pens will make it past the first round of the playoffs?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they stand as good a chance as any year in the past couple of seasons. Johnston has them committed to playing a defensive style, and that is what wins in the post-season. Their game doesn't look near as flashy as a Dan Bylsma led regular season has looked in the past, but the playoffs demand a strict adherence to smothering defense, and interference, clutching and grabbing. Pretty much everything the rulebook says you're not to do. And Johnston has them equipped to play that way.

Also, having a guy like Downie will give the opponent pause before they start to take cheap shots at Sid/Geno like Dubinsky and Staal did last year. Downie, as we all have seen this season, isn't afraid to go nuts and take penalties in the name of intimidating the opposition.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 Pens after two.

Sutter with the lucky bounce on a Mike Smith clearing attempt turned that around at 1-1. Then Sid wins a faceoff to Letang who rips it and it deflects off Winnik for the 2-1 lead. Just what the doctor ordered. Two lucky bounces. Hadn't seen much good luck for the Pens of late.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the Pens, nice game by Sid, just wish we could do that against top flight Eastern Conference competition.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal scoring at a premium for the Pens...wish someone could get hot with the blade and carve up some goalies. Solid effort but a lot of luck in Sutter's goal to even tie it...not sure it should have even been allowed! This was the freaking Coyotes for heavens sake!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal scoring at a premium for the Pens...wish someone could get hot with the blade and carve up some goalies. Solid effort but a lot of luck in Sutter's goal to even tie it...not sure it should have even been allowed! This was the freaking Coyotes for heavens sake!

It was completely legal. Bonehead play by Mike Smith leaving his net to go try and make a play on the puck while on the PK. That's what his defensemen are for. Sutter just happened to be in the way of Smith's clearing attempt, and it bounced in off of him. There wasn't a thing illegal about that play, just stupidity and luck.

Also, they're missing arguably their best offensive player on the season in Malkin, and two of their top goal scorers. It's no surprise they have been struggling to score more often. Last night in the broadcast they said both Hornqvist and Geno have been skating in Pittsburgh. Both could be back by Tuesday against St. Louis.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been out of town, missed most of the carnage. Hopefully next week they can bounce back. The lack of goal scoring is disturbing.