• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrots Great Off Season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't see it but the Patriots are the Patriots, whatever they do usually clicks.

Yes, but are the Patrots the Patrots?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats offensive line is weak and they lost a big piece of it. Also, while they have good RBs and drafted one in the first round the loss of dion Lewis is gonna be felt.

IMO, the Rams had the best off season and if Goff can avoid regressing they are gonna be the team to beat. Nobody will be able to get after the QB like them.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats offensive line is weak and they lost a big piece of it. Also, while they have good RBs and drafted one in the first round the loss of dion Lewis is gonna be felt.

IMO, the Rams had the best off season and if Goff can avoid regressing they are gonna be the team to beat. Nobody will be able to get after the QB like them.

Look the Pats were not going to pay Solder what they NYG did, and they paid way to much but good luck to Nate.

They acquired Trent Brown, Drafted Wynn so they made efforts to secure LT which I feel under Scar they have done. Other than Solder being gone which I feel the covered they won't be any worse than last year which got them to the SB. And we all know we lost because of shitty D play. And I have read you can expect a lot of changes under Flores.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look the Pats were not going to pay Solder what they NYG did, and they paid way to much but good luck to Nate.

They acquired Trent Brown, Drafted Wynn so they made efforts to secure LT which I feel under Scar they have done. Other than Solder being gone which I feel the covered they won't be any worse than last year which got them to the SB. And we all know we lost because of shitty D play. And I have read you can expect a lot of changes under Flores.

They also lost Cameron Fleming. They lost a corner who played 97% of the snaps. They still can’t rush the passer.

Rams had a better offseason

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost Cameron Fleming. They lost a corner who played 97% of the snaps. They still can’t rush the passer.

Rams had a better offseason[/QUOTE/

Fleming sucked and when they brought in Gilmore they already had Butlers replacement. Wise is coming off inury, they signed Adrian Clayborn, Hightower is back, Rivers has come on big time I don't agree they can't rush. Matty P always played the bend don't break D, Flores has promised a more aggressive style of play

Sorry reply ended up in quote.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Good moves and losing net talent can sometimes go hand in hand. Some oversensitive ones got a little rustled at that thought, but the writer never really even stated they felt the Pats didn't get worse talent wise. Just that they made smart moves and had a good offseason. IMO you need to get very lucky to not lose talent at LT by letting Solder go, but you made a smart move to let him go at that price. Same with Dallas at LB. We all hope Vander Esch will be better than Hitchens, but as we sit here today you would have to be a complete homer to assume it's definitely true year one. BUT, letting Hitchens go was still the smart move. He just got way too much money from a team that was for some reason desperate to sign him and overpaid for him IMO. So I'll say the same about Dallas as I did NE. They made some really smart money moves and long term moves this offseason that should benefit them for years to come. But it remains to be seen if they upgraded or lost talent when looking at players gained and players lost (ignoring guys back from injury or suspension)

Nicki

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that will be key. Is Goff like his year 1 or year 2 play? Or somewhere in between? I do love what McVay has done for the team though.

As for the D, I think they got players that fit what Wade wants to do. Last year it took them 3-4 weeks to gel (they were also transitioning from a 4-3).

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hard to tell with Goff because Gurley was such a beast so it's one of those situations where it's a question of the RB making the QB look better than what he is or not. Gurley was the 2nd leading rusher and the 2nd leading RB in pass yards so that's a lot of offense just on Gurley alone.

With that said I don't think Goff is anywhere near how terrible he was in year 1 and I see him always being effective under McVay who I would consider in the top 3 of offensive minds in the league.

Just my gut tells me Goff is in that Kirk Cousins range of QB who'll be pretty good for you but you're not going to put him down as one of the top guys in the league.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Lewis going to cost the Patriots that much money? I think his absence clearly will be felt... THE OL will start off struggling I am sure but should make it right

Just wondering how much they are now relying on Gronk to be the offense... Considering Edelman might be out 4 games

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Lewis going to cost the Patriots that much money? I think his absence clearly will be felt... THE OL will start off struggling I am sure but should make it right

Just wondering how much they are now relying on Gronk to be the offense... Considering Edelman might be out 4 games

Still have White. And the new guy Michel. RB is not going to be the issue.

As always it will be the D.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have White. And the new guy Michel. RB is not going to be the issue.

As always it will be the D.

Yes they do and he should fill in for Lewis (though I think Lewis has better hands) if I am not mistaken.

Defense... I don't even want to talk about the defense, haha... I know it usually works but the bend but don't break crap gives me heart attacks!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you lose your best receiver to a suspension for 4 games?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you lose your best receiver to a suspension for 4 games?

we shall see... appealing..... Doubt it gets reduced

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see... appealing..... Doubt it gets reduced
It might not have a huge impact in the long run but it still doesn't scream great offseason.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not have a huge impact in the long run but it still doesn't scream great offseason.

oh I wasn't saying it was.. I laughed when I read the article... I mean I don't think they did at all

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Jikkle, post: 11756256, member: 1728"]Depends on what your definition of a great offseason is. I don't feel the Pats had the best offseason but they also a top team in the league which leaves less room to make improvements on the roster.

Their defense isn't shaping up to be much better than it was last season and that was a very average defense to put if very kindly.

Granted they were 5th in scoring defense but that number was greatly helped by playing the rest of the AFC East that had the Bill, Dolphins, and Jets in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of offense.

Nearly everytime that defense went against one of the better offenses in the league it was the offense doing the heavy lifting and winning shootouts not the defense coming up with a big game.

If I'm going to pick a team that had the best offseason it'd be the Browns but they had the largest window to make improvements on since they were a winless team.[/QUOTE]

It means they didn't get caught cheating or docked any 1st rounders yet....That's a great off season for the Patriots.....Or as Southie spells it Patrots !!!!:dhd:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Personally I really like Michel and think he ends up a better player than Lewis but you never know until you see them on an NFL field. I just worry about a team that has lost OL in the last few years losing their LT and expecting young kids to step up when your key player is a 40 yo QB. Plus they let Fleming go too, but likely they only saw him as depth I guess. I forget did the article even mention losing Cooks?