• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paige likely to retire.....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider.com has reportedly confirmed with multiple sources that following her recent injury at a WWE Live event Paige will not be cleared by WWE doctors to return to the company as an in-ring performer.

They are comparing the situation to Edge’s medical disqualification from the ring that led to his retirement.

Their full report can be found HERE, we have included some highlights below

• Paige was informed of the decision by WWE earlier this week.
  • Paige appears to have received a “stinger” in her six-woman tag match on December 28th after being kicked from behind by Sasha Banks
    • Paige immediately fell to the ground, was looked at by medical officials and the match was stopped
  • Due to the “stinger” Paige could not feel her extremeties
  • Paige will be replaced in the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble Match
WWE has yet to confirm this report. Once, or if, they do we will have their announcement here on WrestleZone.

Breaking: Paige Reportedly Done As An In-Ring WWE Performer

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that throws a huge kink into the storyline.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that just fucking sucks. You have to feel absolutely gutted for her. After all she's been through, fighting back, and within a month its all over.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vivid and Brazzers are preparing offers.........:dhd:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is terrible.

The only possible plus side is maybe she can become the next WWE HOF manager.

I miss the days of top notch managers. We need another Sunny or Marlena (i'll leave Sable and Trish out because they became wrestlers).

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is terrible.

The only possible plus side is maybe she can become the next WWE HOF manager.

I miss the days of top notch managers. We need another Sunny or Marlena (i'll leave Sable and Trish out because they became wrestlers).

I think part of it is getting to a point where the WWE feels like they can trust her to not get physical as a manager. Its like Angle and Brian Danielson, holding them to a point where they either feel they can handle a spot, or not trust them at all and keep them away from the ring.

Paige could keep this same story line going without wrestling if they trusted her. I say definitely no trust with Paige and it will be some contractual nightmare if she does.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is getting to a point where the WWE feels like they can trust her to not get physical as a manager. Its like Angle and Brian Danielson, holding them to a point where they either feel they can handle a spot, or not trust them at all and keep them away from the ring.

Paige could keep this same story line going without wrestling if they trusted her. I say definitely no trust with Paige and it will be some contractual nightmare if she does.

Totally fair point.

I'm not against her lending a "helping hand" when the refs back is turned, but agree that she basically can't be allowed to step inside the ring for basically any reason.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. She is in San Antonio but no word yet on her role yet

I think that is a painful reality right now.

I think the whole Edge's injury and subquintent retirement startled alot of higher ups (ditto for the angle).

It is also that there are "eyes" and "watchdogs" on WWE (and wrestling in general) after the whole attitude era. Remember: "You move lot cautiously when there are people who are watching and critzing your every step"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. She is in San Antonio but no word yet on her role yet

I think that is a painful reality right now.

I think the whole Edge's injury and subquintent retirement startled alot of higher ups (ditto for the angle).

It is also that there are "eyes" and "watchdogs" on WWE (and wrestling in general) after the whole attitude era. Remember: "You move lot cautiously when there are people who are watching and critzing your every step"

Playing off this post, she was on Raw tonight but they didn't fully address her situation. All they said was due to a neck injury she will miss the Rumble. I still think its likely she's done for good wrestling wise but its odd they addressed it that way. My guess is they haven't really cemented what her new role will be yet and are just waiting

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing off this post, she was on Raw tonight but they didn't fully address her situation. All they said was due to a neck injury she will miss the Rumble. I still think its likely she's done for good wrestling wise but its odd they addressed it that way. My guess is they haven't really cemented what her new role will be yet and are just waiting
I think she's done in ring.WWE is being really vague about it.Could be a combination of several things.They put a lot of money into the feature they filmed on her.They may want that released first.She did struggle with depression so they may just ease her into the manager role with absolution.Social media blew up with people basically calling for Sashas head.Even tho it was an accident that occurred during a pre existing injury.Could have been worse or happened anytime.I think they may just not address it and work her in as a valet

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she's done in ring.WWE is being really vague about it.Could be a combination of several things.They put a lot of money into the feature they filmed on her.They may want that released first.She did struggle with depression so they may just ease her into the manager role with absolution.Social media blew up with people basically calling for Sashas head.Even tho it was an accident that occurred during a pre existing injury.Could have been worse or happened anytime.I think they may just not address it and work her in as a valet

I hope so. WWE had managers at it's peak. And not just dudes like Heyman.