• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pace tried to land WR Calvin Ridley

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where him and Josh Gordon differ. At least Gordon cares enough about football to want to turn his life around and be a prominent cog in the Browns passing attack.

Oh, I agree.

I'm just saying that scouts/GM's were correct to value Blackmon where they did. When he WAS active and on the field. He demonstrated the ability to be a top-flight WR in this league. Which is really saying something, seeing as he was in Jacksonville during the true dark ages of Gabbert and Henne.

He was just a complete and utter idiot.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree.

I'm just saying that scouts/GM's were correct to value Blackmon where they did. When he WAS active and on the field. He demonstrated the ability to be a top-flight WR in this league. Which is really saying something, seeing as he was in Jacksonville during the true dark ages of Gabbert and Henne.

He was just a complete and utter idiot.

If he kept his head in the game and blocked out all the bad things that eventually ruined his football career I think he'd still be one of the best in the game

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he kept his head in the game and blocked out all the bad things that eventually ruined his football career I think he'd still be one of the best in the game

No doubt. I had him as a keeper in my dynasty league all the way through mid-2015, despite having not played a down since mid-2013. lol.

I used up a roster spot on a guy for 2 full years, without him playing a down. That's how much I thought of his ability. I was holding out hope he'd get it together. Obviously, it began to look really bleak and I couldn't justify it anymore.

What was most disappointing - was that he never even TRIED to get it together. He straight up didn't show to his reinstatement hearing or something like that. I don't get it...

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I had him as a keeper in my dynasty league all the way through mid-2015, despite having not played a down since mid-2013. lol.

I used up a roster spot on a guy for 2 full years, without him playing a down. That's how much I thought of his ability. I was holding out hope he'd get it together. Obviously, it began to look really bleak and I couldn't justify it anymore.

What was most disappointing - was that he never even TRIED to get it together. He straight up didn't show to his reinstatement hearing or something like that. I don't get it...

Is that like Fantasy Football? I've never tried it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet Pace wanted Chubb too, so don't read a lot into Smith.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the report is true.

Pace tried to move up and the price was just too high and Pace didn't want to reach. I don't see how you can fault Pace for trying then have enough self restraint to not overpay. Pace moves up to grab Miller and thought the price wasn't too high for what Miller brings.

Pace's strength is evaluating talent. The draft is what he excelled at before arriving to Chicago. So if he's willing to move up to get that one player, he obviously is very confident in that player and Pace hasn't done anything otherwise to lose my trust in him.

I like this draft a lot.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that like Fantasy Football? I've never tried it.

Yeah, it's fantasy football - but you can keep players from year-to-year. There's a lot of different ways to do fantasy football with that. Some limit keepers to a few per year, some have no limits, some are "progressive keeper" where you can keep one player per season that you drafted. Some re-draft the entire roster every season, which is probably most common.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's fantasy football - but you can keep players from year-to-year. There's a lot of different ways to do fantasy football with that. Some limit keepers to a few per year, some have no limits, some are "progressive keeper" where you can keep one player per season that you drafted. Some re-draft the entire roster every season, which is probably most common.

Then I'll definitely consider giving it a shot.