• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our "Ideal" draft...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Walter...

The Broncos won a Super Bowl with a decrepit Peyton Manning, so John Elway must believe that he can do so with Case Keenum. For that to happen, he'll need to plug the holes on his offensive line, find a new running back and address some needs in his defense (inside linebacker, edge rusher, cornerback, safety.) Finding a quarterback of the future is another goal he may want to pursue.

Ideal 2018 NFL Draft (First Four Rounds):
5. Quenton Nelson, G
40. Derrius Guice, RB
71. Kyle Lauletta, QB
99. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE/OLB
106. DeShon Elliott, S
113. Isaac Yiadom, CB

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft Goals

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will leave out the fact that we differ on some of the rankings, but I feel like he missed out on some areas of need. I don't think we necessarily need to go RB in the 2nd (although, I seriously doubt Guise will be there when we pick). I also think that if we pass on a QB at 5, then we shouldn't target one in the mid rounds. Missing on this list is ILB and WR, imo. Todd Davis is ok, but I would like to get someone who could either push him for the starting gig or provide depth should he or Marshall get hurt. I also think we need someone who could fill that 3rd WR role this year, then take over a starting spot when it is time for DT and/or Manny to move on (which unfortunately, seems like it will be sooner than later). I don't mind Okoronkwo, but the need for him speaks volumes on how disappointing Ray has been. And Shaq Barrett didn't take any steps forward last year to take his place.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of the picks that they made but would still be disappointed some in this draft. Nelson is a very good player and honestly I would say helps give the Broncos a top-10 OL the second he joins the team so can't be disappointed in that but taking a guard in the top-5 just is hard to take.

Guice in the 2nd would be a huge value pick. Especially behind this OL I think he could be the perfect combination and take a lot of pressure off the QB to be successful.

Lauletta is an ok QB but I wouldn't say he is close to being as good as Keenum. Would rather find a more immediate impact player if that is the case. The others fill out some holes on the team with quality players but again not sure they are the players I would be taking at that point.