• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our draft needs by position

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get a kick out of coming up with mock drafts for our boys. I usually suck at it, but once in a blue moon I get a couple here or there correct. I remember one year, not sure if it was '05 or '06, sometime around then. It's when we drafted Chris Harris. I actually called that one, kinda. I had us taking him in the 5th round, but I think he was taken in the 6th. I also nailed Chris Williams and Matt Forte with our first two picks in that particular draft (altho I was really for trading up and snagging Ryan Clady, but stupid Angelo never traded up).

However, it's too early to start naming actual players, especially after Rd 1, when it really becomes a crapshoot. So BPA aside, what do you guys feel are must-haves in this year's draft in terms of position. I'd like to see the following spots addressed in our current 7 pick set up, which of course could change as we get closer to draft day.

OLB/DE/Edge
ILB
OL

I'll stop at this point, as I'd like to see the above taken with our first four picks (1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th). It would bug me if any other positions were addressed here, with the possible exception of S/CB. Altho we're presently set in the secondary, we could always use some added depth. Amos is in his contract year, so who knows if he'll even be around next year. The remaining rounds we can look at WR, LS, etc, but I'd feel good at just concentrating on additional picks that continue to bolster the D and OL as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL OLB DE WR RB in that order is what I expect. This whole offseason has been about supporting Trubs so G Nelson is the pick if there. We still need a 4th WR and a backup workhorse type RB incase JH gets hurt. WR might surprise everyone with our second pick but that is a real possibility as many good WRs will be there in the second RD.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL OLB DE WR RB in that order is what I expect. This whole offseason has been about supporting Trubs so G Nelson is the pick if there. We still need a 4th WR and a backup workhorse type RB incase JH gets hurt. WR might surprise everyone with our second pick but that is a real possibility as many good WRs will be there in the second RD.

Kendall wright just signed with the Vikes..........it may happen.

I`m with you tho,hopefully its Nelson or McGlinchey.............I thought I read somewhere that we hired Notre Dames o-line coach(?)..........So it sounds to me it could be one of these two Notre Dame lineman.
It would be nice to see them go all-in for offense the first 2 picks and start all defense......

I really don`t think we draft any rbs.........There will be training camp cuts that will be a surprise if we actually nneed one.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll agree that we may have to use one of our top four picks on a WR if Meredith ends up signing elsewhere, especially now that Wright signed with the Vikes. But if Meredith stays, I see no reason to take one in the first four unless someone who graded really high slips to either of our two 4th round spots. I'm beginning to think that Nelson may indeed still be on the board when it's our turn to select at #8. That would be incredible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall wright just signed with the Vikes..........it may happen.

I`m with you tho,hopefully its Nelson or McGlinchey.............I thought I read somewhere that we hired Notre Dames o-line coach(?)..........So it sounds to me it could be one of these two Notre Dame lineman.
It would be nice to see them go all-in for offense the first 2 picks and start all defense......

I really don`t think we draft any rbs.........There will be training camp cuts that will be a surprise if we actually nneed one.

Harry Hiestand is the OL coach and he is considered a true best of the best position coach. Also I think we get a late RB. Cohen is not a starter that can touch the ball 20+ times a game. JH needs a backup on the workhorse side. Well see. Gots lots of needs. Pace does not hesitate to take the BPA even when it's not a need, just saying a few surprises is not surprising from Pace. Keeps it interesting right.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll agree that we may have to use one of our top four picks on a WR if Meredith ends up signing elsewhere, especially now that Wright signed with the Vikes. I'm beginning to think that Nelson may indeed still be on the board when it's our turn to select at #8. That would be incredible.

Nagy's offense requires 4 starting quality WRs. I think we get 1 early, and 98% chance Meredith stays. He is far and away our best slot WR we will match any offer that is not crazy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll agree that we may have to use one of our top four picks on a WR if Meredith ends up signing elsewhere, especially now that Wright signed with the Vikes. But if Meredith stays, I see no reason to take one in the first four unless someone who graded really high slips to either of our two 4th round spots. I'm beginning to think that Nelson may indeed still be on the board when it's our turn to select at #8. That would be incredible.

:nod:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy's offense requires 4 starting quality WRs. I think we get 1 early, and 98% chance Meredith stays. He is far and away our best slot WR we will match any offer that is not crazy.

I don't know... it's already a crowded position room as is (assuming Meredith stays - which looks like a good bet). I suppose I could see something in the mid-rounds and on at WR. Maybe if Kirk falls all the way to our 2nd pick (seems to fit Nagy's system). Outside of that? Probably not.

We also have two capable receiving TE's and Cohen. I think we're set in the weapons department, outside of a couple of camp bodies to round things out. AR, Meredith, Gabriel, White, Gentry, Bellamy, Ayers... We already have 7 dudes under contract for camp.

Addressing the OL is paramount now. LB as well. Need a couple of defensive lineman too. Depth is a bit shallow

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bear fans can't get enough WRs. lol. This time, under the supposition, they know Nagy's offense..which in of itself is a complete joke

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fans can't get enough WRs. lol. This time, under the supposition, they know Nagy's offense..which in of itself is a complete joke
So, I’m guessing you hate the bears offseason moves so far?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, my flag football team could use another.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's avoid the urge to feed him...
I disagree here. I like trying to get him to talk about things he obviously disagrees with. I haven’t heard much about our offseason moves from him because I think he knows his view point will be proven wrong. He wants to bash Robinson, Burton, et al., but he knows the moves will probably pan out, so he doesn’t want to “tarnish his legacy” of always being right. He also doesn’t want to not troll. So we probably won’t see him much until the bears do something obviously stupid, so he can come here, point it out, then pat himself on the back. It’s the game he plays, and right now, it’s way too easy for him to lose. Unless he wants another “Let’s focus on Seattle” thread, he’s going to keep him mouth shut.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree here. I like trying to get him to talk about things he obviously disagrees with. I haven’t heard much about our offseason moves from him because I think he knows his view point will be proven wrong. He wants to bash Robinson, Burton, et al., but he knows the moves will probably pan out, so he doesn’t want to “tarnish his legacy” of always being right. He also doesn’t want to not troll. So we probably won’t see him much until the bears do something obviously stupid, so he can come here, point it out, then pat himself on the back. It’s the game he plays, and right now, it’s way too easy for him to lose. Unless he wants another “Let’s focus on Seattle” thread, he’s going to keep him mouth shut.

Dude... you act like he cares about anything besides inciting shit. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His self perceived reputation of being a genius is something he definitely cares about.

The whole thing is to get people to respond. He wants attention. He's a troll. He doesn't care what you say or how "wrong" you prove him. His logic has been destroyed over and over. Has it slowed anything down? No.

Sick of him hijacking half of the threads with stupid nonsense. Same back-and-forth every time. I say it is time that we collectively learned to shun him. The board will be better off. He adds nothing. Have you ever gotten anything out of an interaction with him? No one has.

I think we have potential to put a good community back together here leading up to the 2018 season. We have some new blood and have been doing better as a group. Less BS = addition by subtraction.

I'm just one dude... but this seems to be pretty clear to me.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing is to get people to respond. He wants attention. He's a troll. He doesn't care what you say or how "wrong" you prove him. His logic has been destroyed over and over. Has it slowed anything down? No.

Sick of him hijacking half of the threads with stupid nonsense. Same back-and-forth every time. I say it is time that we collectively learned to shun him. The board will be better off. He adds nothing. Have you ever gotten anything out of an interaction with him? No one has.

I think we have potential to put a good community back together here leading up to the 2018 season. We have some new blood and have been doing better as a group. Less BS = addition by subtraction.

I'm just one dude... but this seems to be pretty clear to me.
I agree. And have sung that tune before. He’s almost too fun though. It’s become a staple of the bears board. He’s like a handicapped cousin who thinks every idea is his.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And have sung that tune before. He’s almost too fun though. It’s become a staple of the bears board. He’s like a handicapped cousin who thinks every idea is his.

He's like a handicapped cousin... that thinks he's going to grow up and play for the Yankees.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, but who exactly were the FOUR quality starting WRs in KC?

If we count TE, we have Kelcey, T Hill.... ? ...... ? ......