• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTA's No TB12, No Gronk

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTA's started today.

Brady is doing his Best Buddies thing in Qatar.

Gronk says he's not participating.

Brady will be there tomorrow. Gronk will not.........

Is this the beginning of the end ???

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are saying Brady won't be there tomorrow.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read TB was not doing ANY offseason voluntary workouts.

As for Gronk, IDC anymore. Play, don't play, trade his ass....no fucks given anymore on him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTA's started today.

Brady is doing his Best Buddies thing in Qatar.

Gronk says he's not participating.

Brady will be there tomorrow. Gronk will not.........

Is this the beginning of the end ???
No it's the first post in yet another thread about Gronk.

Honestly why does he need to be there?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read TB was not doing ANY offseason voluntary workouts.

As for Gronk, IDC anymore. Play, don't play, trade his ass....no fucks given anymore on him.
I care if he strings the team along thru the draft and BB doesn't select a TE somewhere. I could see Gronk doing that. A big FU to BB on his way out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of things.....

First, we all have our opinions and beliefs. It doesn't mean that any of us are right or wrong, it's what we believe. That said, it really bugs me when one Patriot fans starts shitting on another fan because he doesn't think that the other guy's opinion has any value. One guy thinks Belichick is God and the other thinks he's Satan. Both could be right, both could be wrong. Agree to disagree and be adults about it.

Second, the media is trying ti do their job. Like it or not, when they get people to discuss something, they're successful. For us football fanatics, any morsel on a plate becomes a meal. Anything more is a banquet and we all love to attend those because even the guys who hate the menu (other teams' fans) get involved making the banquets all the more fun.

Third, none of us have immediate access to anything that's really going on and we have to rely on the hated media for what they see. Most of you don't live up here in New England and don't get the daily dose of Early Edition or Boston Sports Tonight. I DVR both every night. That's 5 hours of sports, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots every single night. If someone has a pimple on his ass, it's discussed in detail. For tiose of you who know how to do streaming, Early Edition is on at 6:00 PM and Boston Sports tonight comes on at 8:00 or 9:00 PM depending on what's happening. If the Celtics are on, BST comes on after the game. You can both programs on NBC Sports Boston (NBCSB) All of the local Patriots sportscasters and writers are on both shows. Tom Curran and Phil Perry are on BST as co-hosts.

Fourth which leads me to photographs shown on BST and EE last night. Brady and Giselle waving at cameras as they both were riding camels in Qatar. Then more of Tom at an indoor pool with his kids, standing next to the pool which had a jungle like waterfall that the kids were just about to jump off. Comment from the TV crew: "Great Best Buddies Photographs". I suppose if I had a chance to go to Qatar on someone else's ticket, I'd take advantage of it too.

Finally, From everything I've read, seen and heard over the past couple of months, it appears to ME, that Bill Belichick has worn a bit thin on more than a couple of players. I think if TB and Gronk were free agents, both would be gone if BB was still here. The day of a coach saying, "This is my team", is just about over. Most young players today are pretty much saying that don't see the coach out busting his nutz every week and these younger guys feel that the team is "theirs". Most of today's owners will also remind a coach that team isn't the coach's it's the owners'. I'm wondering if Robert Kraft didn't remind Bill that he signs the checks.

My gut is telling me that we're at the end of an amazing era in New England sports and that very soon a new group of people will be taking over for the old guard. The biggest problem will be getting that old guard to let go of the past and allow the future to take over.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, we all have our opinions and beliefs. It doesn't mean that any of us are right or wrong, it's what we believe. That said, it really bugs me when one Patriot fans starts shitting on another fan because he doesn't think that the other guy's opinion has any value. One guy thinks Belichick is God and the other thinks he's Satan. Both could be right, both could be wrong. Agree to disagree and be adults about it.

Second, the media is trying ti do their job. Like it or not, when they get people to discuss something, they're successful. For us football fanatics, any morsel on a plate becomes a meal. Anything more is a banquet and we all love to attend those because even the guys who hate the menu (other teams' fans) get involved making the banquets all the more fun.

Third, none of us have immediate access to anything that's really going on and we have to rely on the hated media for what they see. Most of you don't live up here in New England and don't get the daily dose of Early Edition or Boston Sports Tonight. I DVR both every night. That's 5 hours of sports, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots every single night. If someone has a pimple on his ass, it's discussed in detail. For tiose of you who know how to do streaming, Early Edition is on at 6:00 PM and Boston Sports tonight comes on at 8:00 or 9:00 PM depending on what's happening. If the Celtics are on, BST comes on after the game. You can both programs on NBC Sports Boston (NBCSB) All of the local Patriots sportscasters and writers are on both shows. Tom Curran and Phil Perry are on BST as co-hosts.

Fourth which leads me to photographs shown on BST and EE last night. Brady and Giselle waving at cameras as they both were riding camels in Qatar. Then more of Tom at an indoor pool with his kids, standing next to the pool which had a jungle like waterfall that the kids were just about to jump off. Comment from the TV crew: "Great Best Buddies Photographs". I suppose if I had a chance to go to Qatar on someone else's ticket, I'd take advantage of it too.

Finally, From everything I've read, seen and heard over the past couple of months, it appears to ME, that Bill Belichick has worn a bit thin on more than a couple of players. I think if TB and Gronk were free agents, both would be gone if BB was still here. The day of a coach saying, "This is my team", is just about over. Most young players today are pretty much saying that don't see the coach out busting his nutz every week and these younger guys feel that the team is "theirs". Most of today's owners will also remind a coach that team isn't the coach's it's the owners'. I'm wondering if Robert Kraft didn't remind Bill that he signs the checks.

My gut is telling me that we're at the end of an amazing era in New England sports and that very soon a new group of people will be taking over for the old guard. The biggest problem will be getting that old guard to let go of the past and allow the future to take over.

It boggles my mind that you seem to take things on a personal level.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if it's as complicated as all this. Brady has had success with an approach and gronk thinks it works for him too. Coach is butting heads on this and it's rubbing them the wrong way. A little compromise can fix this, but BB is not known for his ability to compromise...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not concerned about anything. I trust Bill. Pats are gonna win the super bowl this year.

Last offseason everybody was saying they were going to have the best team ever. We lost.

This offseason everybody's taking a big crap on them. I predict a Super Bowl victory.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ken, you get the dumler award for long winded post!
1) I went to Qatar on somebody else's dime - I'm equal to Brady!
2) I hate "reporters" because they don't report - they editorialize
3) Patriots across the board like to screw with people's heads. I'm busy living life and football starts soon enough.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tom's intentions have not changed," Yee said Monday. "He's consistently said he'll play beyond this contract and into his mid-40s, or until he feels he isn't playing at a championship level. I understand the constant speculation, but this is one point he's been firm about."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tom's intentions have not changed," Yee said Monday. "He's consistently said he'll play beyond this contract and into his mid-40s, or until he feels he isn't playing at a championship level. I understand the constant speculation, but this is one point he's been firm about."

I never doubted this.