• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 148

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys have winning tonight?

Anderson Silva (Champion) vs. Chael Sonnen 2 (Middleweight Title)
Sonnen dominated the first match with his wrestling and ground-n-pound, but I see this rematch going in a different direction. I think he will find it more difficult to take Silva down. If the fight stays on it's feet for any length of time then it's over. Anderson Silva is one of the most deadly accurate strikers in the game. I think Silva walks out with his 10th title defense in a row with an early round KO.

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin 3
This will be Tito's last fight and sadly I see him going out a loser. Forrest does not have much left in his fight career either, but he more than Tito does at this point. I will pull for Ortiz to pull the rabbit out of the hat and find his youth one last time, but my money would be on Griffin to win.

Cung Le vs Patrick Cote
Deadly and Flashy kickboxer (Le) or the guy that lost 3 straight fights the last time he was in the UFC hmmm...... Cote at one time was one of the top middleweights in the world, but he fell on hard times after blowing out his knee against Anderson Silva. Cung Le is one of the most exciting fighters to watch, but he is 1 dimensional. If Cote can get this fight to the ground he should finally pick up a long awaited victory, but Cung Le has such a weird style to fight against. He is the closes thing to movie style martial arts you will ever see in the cage. I'm 50/50 on this one so I will say Cung Le wins, and then probably retires.

Dong Hyun Kim vs Demian Maia
Maia is another guys that has just been on a downward slump since losing to Anderson Silva. Kim is guy that could very well be next in line for a title shot if he wins. Maia is one of the best in the division at submissions and has improved his striking a lot in his last few fights. Kim on the other hand is just very well rounded and good at controlling the fight, but he is far from flashy in doing it. If it's a decision then Kim wins, if it's a KO then Kim wins, if a it's a submission then Maia wins. I count 2 ways for Kim to win to 1 for Maia so I'm going with Dong Hyun Kim.

Chad Mendes vs Cody McKenzie
Overpowering wrestler vs One trick pony. I will cheer for Cody to pull this off some how, but Mendes is horrible matchup for him right now. Cody is known for his deadly guillotine chokes and all the ways he can apply them. Mendes is though is a powerful wrestler with great guillotine defense. Cody is a huge underdog in this fight so I'm pulling for him. I think Mendes wins via decision though by controlling all 3 rounds easily.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva vs Sonnen - Silva - This fight makes me nervous, but i think we are going to see the most vicious Anderson Silva that we have ever seen. If he's not able to stop Sonnen from taking him down then Sonnen could potentially dominate this fight, but just can't see this fight going down the same way it did last time.

Ortiz vs Griffin - Ortiz - I'd rather see Griffin win, but Tito should be able to take him down enough times to put this fight in his favor.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is there a more dominant athlete than Anderson Silva in their respected sport?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like Kim might have broke a rib as he and Maia went down. Maia mounted him afterwards and then just raised his hands in victory without really throwing a punch.

McKenzie just got blasted

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anderson Silva reminds me of Goku !!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo I called it. Silva by early round KO. He made Sonnen look stupid throwing that spinning back fist and then made him pay with a sick knee to the chest.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva made Sonnen my bitch! I'll admit round 1 made me nervous, but Silva came through like he always does.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched 148. (thanks internet!)

Thoughts:

Now Sonnen can stop walking around calling himself the "real" middleweight champion.

Tito Ortiz looked like a punching bag, and still had a shot at Forrest Griffin. Forrest running out of the octagon all the time is telling, as he looks as though he is only fighting for the money at this point. Getting FOTN was a joke, but maybe that is how Dana got him to come back after running away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Forrest was running out to give Tito the ring which was a classy move, but then he came back and ruined it.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but nobody in the 185 division has a chance against Silva right now. Bisping will get absolutely crushed and he seems to be the top contender. He's already beat Maia, Okami, and Belfort. GSP and Jon Jones are the only 2 matches i see right now for Silva. If i were him i would fight both of those guys and then retire.