• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 140

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been the best PPV event in years. It did not have a dull fight at all during the main card and it seems the under card was exciting as well.

Korean Zombie KO'ed Hominick in 7 secs tying a UFC record. (Hometown fight for Hominick too)

Ebersole Split Decision over Patrick, very tightly contested fight that saw Ebersole fight out of 3 3rd choke attempts all of which looked fight ending.

Little Nog KO'ed Mr. Jenna Jameson himself Tito Ortiz, he took some brutal knees to the body followed by some hard body punches. I would not be shocked if he broke some ribs he was in pain after the fight.

Mir submits Big Nog via Kimura, He broke his arm and it was bad. Nog nearly knocked him out and then nearly choked him out but some how Mir reversed it and snapped his arm. Unreal transition and display of grappling to end the fight. 2008 became the first guy to ever KO Big Nog and tonight became the first to ever submit him.

Jon Jones submits Machida via standing guillotine. Machida actually rocked Jones and won the first round, but he took an elbow that opened a nice size gash in his forehead in the 2nd and shortly after got rocked and then choked out on his feet up against the cage. Jones had his neck twisted and jacked up but Machida would not tap. When the ref finally stepped in to stop it Machida was out cold and dropped to the floor like a dead body.

This all coming after the Shogun vs Henderson fight 2 weeks ago that might have been the greatest UFC fight of all time.

Sad thing is this all probably means the next PPV will suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mir was a beast tonight

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was amazed that Mir was able to pull out a victory the way that he did like that. I mean tapping big nog!! I did not see that coming lol

And I was really impressed by Machida in the first round but more impressed by Jones choke in the second.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I ordered UFC 140 last night and it was pretty good.
Machida put up a good fight but Jones is awesome. One elbow can really open up a huge gash, unreal.

I want to see Lesnar against Overeem but something is telling me that fight could be a major disappointment, like Dos Santos and Velasquez.

serpenttile

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Mir made an awesome comeback last night. I still don't think he can hang Cain, JDS, Lesnar, or Overeem.

Bones will be the champ for a while. No one else is left to face him. Evans has no chance.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendo is the only one I'd give a chance to in the division. At 41 he lacks the athleticism of most in the division and would give up a 14 inch reach advantage, but he is about as fearless as they come. Would he win a 5 round war by decision like he did against Shogun? No. Hendo has one punch KO power in that right hand though and would not be afraid to take a few shots from Jones to land it. I also think Hendo would cause problems for Jones in the clinch.

Then again if Jones was smart he would just shoot in and take Hendo down ASAP and finish him. Hendo has basically no ground game once you get him there.

Evans I think will try to be to cute and I'm not sold on his punching power. I really think Jones vs Evans will be a boring fight because Evans will just dance around trying not to get killed for 5 rounds.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about Jones vs. Anderson Silva in a non-title fight?
I'd pay to see that.

Now in the UFC there's dominant champs at 170, 185 and 205. (St Pierre, Silva, Jones). Do you think Dos Santos will hold the heavyweight belt or you think that weight group will continue to be a revolving door at champion?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Heavyweight division will continue to be a revolving door. Cain is probably the best in the division, but he has twice shown a weak chin and that will get him beat. They all have their flaws though.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Overeem and Barnett do in the division. I think they both have pretty well rounded games.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think heavyweight is anybodies game because when guys are that big they can knock anybody out but I think Dos Santos is the best in that division right now. Cain has no chin, and that's not good when fighting guys that large. But that division is always hurt as well, so guys aren't fighting very often.

As far as Jones vs Silva... it's not as great a fight as it would seem compared to the hype. Silva has showed weakness to wrestling his entire career and that's Jones strongest attribute. If Jones was on top of Silva it would be over pretty quick. The one thing Silva has that could beat Jones is 1 punch KO power, especially on the counter. For what it's worth, Dana White has already said this fight isn't going to happen anytime soon. With Silva being 37, it probably will never happen.

There is one other guy with the size and skill in the 205 division who could compete with Jones but hes still up and coming. He won't be as explosive but he is a good fighter who is getting better. His name is Alexander Gustaffsson. He is 6'5" but his reach is still like 8 inches shorter than Jones. He is a good fighter with really good submissions. He lost to Phil Davis, but I think if he keeps progressing he has a better shot to beat Jones than Davis does. Davis can't stand with Jones but I think Gustaffsson can.

On a general note though, I'm really happy with the last few UFC cards. The fights have been really good lately. (knock on wood)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones submission of Machida was nuts, as was Mir's submission of Big Nog. Like others have said I don't think Mir can hang with the best of the best in the HW devision, but his style makes for some exciting finishes, vs Nog twice & the first fight vs Brock).

Nog is up there in years, so I hope he has the opportunity to show the world he has a couple good fights left in the tank after his arm heals, instead of falling apart like Liddell & Wanderlei did (save pulling that victory vs Cung Le out of his ass).