• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Trotz new coach for the Caps

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good coach, but how well will he mesh with Ovechkin? That's critical to a Capitals coach's career.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good coach, but how well will he mesh with Ovechkin? That's critical to a Capitals coach's career.

Obitchkin is a coach killer, but something tells me Trotz is going to turn this guy into a two-way player who buys into the team first concept finally.

It took a coach who stressed two-way play in Bowman to make Yzerman that guy and a defense-first coach in Hitchcock to make Modano that way - prior to that, these guys just loved free wheeling and skating around, didn't concentrate on the defensive side of the game and overall were one dimensional.

Personally I don't think the Crapitals have enough supporting talent or more importantly the right talent in place to make a serious run, but finally getting the bitchboy to play a team game will be a good start.

Trotz won't put up with this guy's shit at all.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obitchkin is a coach killer, but something tells me Trotz is going to turn this guy into a two-way player who buys into the team first concept finally.

It took a coach who stressed two-way play in Bowman to make Yzerman that guy and a defense-first coach in Hitchcock to make Modano that way - prior to that, these guys just loved free wheeling and skating around, didn't concentrate on the defensive side of the game and overall were one dimensional.

Personally I don't think the Crapitals have enough supporting talent or more importantly the right talent in place to make a serious run, but finally getting the bitchboy to play a team game will be a good start.

Trotz won't put up with this guy's shit at all.

I just wonder if a defensive minded system is the way to go. I understand it will give them balance but it could also get rejected by OV. I remember when Dale Hunter was their coach for a season, he tried to implement a defensive system, OV rejected it, Hunter resigned at the end of their playoff run. I wouldn't want to coach the Capitals for as long as OV is on the team.

If Trotz does turn OV into a 2 way player, I'll eat my words tho. I just feel I've seen this play out before.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe MacLellan can convince Ovechkin to go play in the KHL. He could then start a full rebuild much like Lombardi has done with the Kings.

Ox