• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Sixers 18-19 Talk

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zhaire comes into the league as a hybrid without a cemented position. Texas Teck played him at Forward, Guard and even Center. He's a kid that the Sixers will have to mold into the roll they envision for him. He does have excellent form on his jumper ... just needs to shoot the crap out of the ball in practice to become consistent in having them drop. His potential is clearly evident to me however in that once he gets that jumper to drop consistently he'll be a player. Tremendous athleticism with a high ceiling.

I'm not worried at all about this summer team not looking good as a team ... very vanilla play calls along with bad Point Guard play imo. Jonah Bolden is the one big disappointment ... I thought this would be a great time for him to convince the Sixers to bring him over, but he's looked average to below average imo.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still posit that there's a board for this we could discuss.

though if it's OD's level of, "sucks", perhaps we should keep it here.

it's summer league. if people do what they're supposed to, we're not supposed to take anything from that. if they underperform, then there's a problem.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Bolden has arguably been the biggest disappointment. He looked a lot better last season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like there is nobody on this Summer League team ready to contribute this year. Furkan looked like he had taken the next step after that 1st game, but then threw in back to back duds. Bolden doesn't look ready ... Zhaire needs a year or two of seasoning. Guard Landry Shamet who got hurt in game one may be the only guy on this squad to see at least some consistent PT this year off the bench.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to have to do something. This team is not ready to bet Boston. Hopefully BB can talk with Kawhi and see if he will sign a long term deal, and then add Fultz, Daric, Covington, and the 2021 pick to gt a deal done. We may not even be better than Toronto at this point. IMO.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markelle has been working out like an animal (really added muscle) and has lived in the gym working on that shot. I'm not ready to give up on this kid after one injured season. Saric is a damn good player who will be an 18-8 guy moving forward. Covington I have no problem giving up as well as draft picks ... but unless Kawhi is guaranteed being here for more than next year, I'm not including Saric or Fultz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"IF" Kawhi would sign a long term deal, I would give up anybody except Ben and Joel, plus the 2021 pick to get Leonard. If we don't get Kawhi (or McConnell), we'd better sign Klay next year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi were open to agreeing to a max deal with the Spurs (where he would get the most money) ... and then agree to be traded to the Sixers ... "then" I wouldn't have an issue upping the ante quite a bit. Until that happens though I can't see trading away that much for a one year rental ... and who knows how committed he would be to the Sixer's cause if he knows he'll be a one and done here. The most I would offer if I were the GM would be Covington, the 2021 Unprotected from Miami and this year's 1st in Zhaire Smith and pray he becomes blood brothers with Embiid and Simmons the way Paul George and Westbrook bonded in OKC.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love our players.
We have no front office.
I hate our joke of an ownership group that doesnt care about anything. They're gonna f*ck this up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It shows that BB can coach, but is not a good GM. BC wasn't very good either. Unless we can lure a top GM, we won't win a championship.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are the complaints because they didn't trade for Leonard? Spurs said Ben or Joel or no go. No thanks. Guy has a high chance of being a rental, sounds like there's even rumblings of him not showing up to Toronto. He essentially quit on his team last year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are the complaints because they didn't trade for Leonard? Spurs said Ben or Joel or no go. No thanks. Guy has a high chance of being a rental, sounds like there's even rumblings of him not showing up to Toronto. He essentially quit on his team last year.

I am with you on this. There is no way the Spurs were going to give us Leonard unless they got Ben or Joel. I am sure they asked.... were immediately told no and the Spurs moved on.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers took a tough bench hit when Bjelica backed out of the agreed deal he had with the Sixers. That sucks as I thought he would have been an excellent "3" big who would have had plenty of chances to help.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Not having an experienced GM probably cost us Bejelica, and possibly some other moves we could have made.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see how a guy going back on his word to get more money is the fault of the front office.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see how a guy going back on his word to get more money is the fault of the front office.

I haven't read up on the situation, but how was this deal not "signed" when he agreed on the deal? It's been a while since the deal was "apparently" done ...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read up on the situation, but how was this deal not "signed" when he agreed on the deal? It's been a while since the deal was "apparently" done ...
deals are agreed to before they can be signed. his team went from backing out and going to europe and back to the nba very quickly. fuck that cat, he's not as nice as you want to make him out to be. the loss of this guy on his one year deal won't be felt next year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice move today by the Sixers in picking up Mike Muscala (who's very similar to Bjelica as a big who can shoot 3's only younger). On top of it they unload contracts of Luwawu-Cabarrot (who I think is hot garbage) and Justin Anderson (who was likely to see little to no PT this year).