• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Sixers 18-19 Talk

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since nobody is talking Foozball for another month ... what do you think of the Sixers off-season so far?

I like our draft picks ... Zhaire Smith can sky with excellent D to man up against the opposing 1's, 2's or 3's (our Guards were burned on D during the playoffs) and brings explosiveness to pair with Ben. Also shot an excellent %age from 3 point range despite not shooting often from out there. Our original pick Mikel Bridges may have been more NBA ready off the jump, but we need to remember that he's also 3 years older than Zhaire ... so we have to be patient. Our 2nd pick in Rd 1 (Landry Shamet) is the guy I was hoping for out of that pick (see Sixers forum) ... imo he was one of the most under-rated Guards coming out. Excellent decision making from the Guard spot and he can really shoot from the outside. Not explosive like Zhaire, but he doesn't need to be.

As far as free agency goes ... I'm glad we were able to bring back JJ Redick, I think he's a big part of what we do and allows us to space the floor well. Hope we can also bring in Wayne Ellington as a free agent to replace the loss of Belinelli. Jonah Bolden will replace the loss of Ersan Ilyasova.

On Kawhi Leonard ... I think we need to stay away. He's heading right to LA as soon as next season is done no matter what anyone says. I'm not trading away several 1st rounders for a one year rental and his head seems to already be in LA from what I'm hearing. If we're looking for a potential trade I would much rather concentrate on a player like SG Bradley Beal who's already locked up for the next 3 seasons.

On Markelle Fultz ... this kid looks incredibly explosive and has worked really hard on his handle. If that shot comes around watch out! I think he's going to be the surprise of this team off the jump.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zhaire Smith is going to be good. I like what I have read about him thus far. Landry Shamet also looks like a good shooter. I think both of those guys are going to contribute right away.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zhaire needs a year of seasoning to concentrate on playing the Guard spot. At Texas Tech they used him a lot at the 4 spot because despite being 6'4" he has springs and can rebound really well for his size. His Defense is what will get him PT early off the bench, but he will need to work with coaches on using his gifts to create off the dribble. He shoots well off the catch and shoot and having JJ Redick on the same team gives him a great tutor early on. Watching Redick could do wonders on teaching him how to get his shot off faster. It wouldn't shock me to see Shamet have better Offensive stats early on in their careers ... but Zhaire has the chance to develop into a premier Defensive player.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with the team. They need to add a few more pieces. I am starting to come around on possibly signing Jamal Crawford, veteran player that will give you instant O and about 10 - 15 minutes a nite. Let's face it, if these kids pan out, we do not need to look to create a superteam, we would have created one organically. I am hoping Markelle becomes the player we drafted. I am excited in what we have but am a little worried Ben will end up a Laker once his contract is done. I am sure Magic has his eyes on Ben and who knows what will happen with the connection Lebron has. I think Joelle will be a Sixer for life. The city loves him, and he loves it back.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can add Ellington if they like, but I'm fine with where they're at with the 1/2. TJ is working on speeding up his shot, Shamet can shoot, and I'm cautiously optimistic Fultz gets it worked out this offseason. I know Crawford is being brought up in the media, but I don't see it. For as much as they say he'll give them another shooter, his last 5 years from 3 are: .331, .360, .341, .327, .361. If I was him, I'd just go to GS and get the ring.

I'm a pass on Kawhi. First is he healthy? If he so, will he redshirt himself at the slightest hint of an aggravation to be healthy for the team he really wants to play for. If he was willing to sign a long-term deal, I'd entertain it, but signs don't seem to point in that direction.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Jonah Bolden to come over and be our backup 4 to Saric now, which will be good. I liked him last year in summer league and think he might be a steal for us.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trading for C.J. McCollum?(sp?).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Jonah Bolden to come over and be our backup 4 to Saric now, which will be good. I liked him last year in summer league and think he might be a steal for us.
It was reported he was being shopped around in trades, perhaps for Leonard. Outside of an elite wing, maybe Butler if was interested in re-upping (I know it's being reported he wants to play with Kyrie). I know Walker is supposedly being dangled too, but anything that profiles like him (see CJ above), I'd rather bank on Fultz living up to his billing than paying that kind of money at this point on a non-wing.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give it up to those at LB, which I think are practically doing this stuff for free trying to get a break in the industry, but another nice article from them on taking salary dumps with our space.

sixers-offseason-free-agency-trades-salary-nuggets-cavs-thunder-cap-space

As it were, I don't want anything that adds to next year or further (on the further it's mainly stretching out Bayless). But if one of those teams wants to dangle a 1st rounder with limited protections, I'd go with it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i should have paid more attention. sixers did just take on Chandler. I like it. Guy can stretch the floor and might give us more than Ersan did and I believe we get some draft considerations in return as well.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nice move to snag Chandler due to Denver's issues with the cap. That's a top notch reserve now behind Covington who won't be a drop-off offensively. Plus he's an expiring contract and we get thrown a draft pick to boot. Makes a lot of sense for both teams and Denver had to unload salary.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nice move to snag Chandler due to Denver's issues with the cap. That's a top notch reserve now behind Covington who won't be a drop-off offensively. Plus he's an expiring contract and we get thrown a draft pick to boot. Makes a lot of sense for both teams and Denver had to unload salary.
behind Cov? I'd still see I'm as more of a backup to Dario.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good bench addition in F Nemanja Bjelica today from the Timberwolves. This is the guy who will back up Dario; very good outside shooter. Our bench this year should be really good.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler was a salary dump and I think he will be OK but nothing special as a backup SF.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome! If he's not, Klay is the free agent next year we should go after. I doubt GS will let him leave though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The summer league team has not looked good unfortunately. Yes, Korkmaz dropped 40 the first night, but otherwise, not impressive showings. Smith will be OK but he does not look ready to contribute much as a rookie, he will be a backup role player his first year. His offensive game looks extremely raw. Shamet got hurt the first night but his shot looked good and he may actually be ready to contribute sooner due to that shot.