• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Dumbo Nominated for GM of the Year

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone saw or posted this but it's well deserved. He has this done wonders for this franchise in 8 years, and continues to do so.

Kings' Dean Lombardi, Ducks' Bob Murray among finalists for top NHL GM - Los Angeles Times

Bob Murray? Really?

When he actually does something that makes his team legitimate, I'll give the guy some credit. He's done nothing but patchwork and has built the Capitals West - great during the season, can't win when it matters.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could to see Lombardi finally getting the respect he's deserved since 2012.

Ox

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It be nice to see some Kings win some hardware. I still think that the west coast teams are largely overlooked when it comes to NHL award.
DD should be nominated for the Norris if not win it year in and out. Kopistar, should have been nominted long ago for the Selke. I know that currently Quick is not putting up Vezina numbers, but in 2012 he should have at least been nominated. And don't get me started on the Hart.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Quick was nominated for the Vezina in 2012, but it was clear from the beginning of March of that year that Lundqvuist was going to be given that award no matter what he did the rest of the year. The results of all the awards handed out that year to players was beyond embarrassing. I don't think one player from a team west of St. Louis won an award that year, or was barely nominated.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Quick was nominated for the Vezina in 2012, but it was clear from the beginning of March of that year that Lundqvuist was going to be given that award no matter what he did the rest of the year. The results of all the awards handed out that year to players was beyond embarrassing. I don't think one player from a team west of St. Louis won an award that year, or was barely nominated.

Quick completely outplayed Lundqvist too, but Lundqvist had the previous 3-4 years on his side where as Quick was just about to take the national spotlight as an elite goaltender.

These awards don't take playoff performances into consideration, they are determined by the end of the RS. It's pretty interesting to see some dude (for example) who is pretty much a Selke lock get torched for a -8 during the playoffs yet still win it.