• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: And if my Aunt had Balls...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She'd be my uncle.

Los Angeles Kings: What if LA Kept Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn

This has to be one of the worst written fan pieces I have read in a long time. It assumes way too much, doesn't take into account a lot of factors not apparent on a score sheet and in general is terrible.

I looked up the writer and in his defense he became a fan of the game only 5 years ago but it shows. Lot's of naivety shown and almost no understanding of variables that you just don't understand unless you've been around the sport/been a fan for a very long time. With a name like that however, he should have a great political show some day like "On the Record with Shepherd Price".

Do yourself a favor bud, get more educated before you start writing pieces like this. I'd still gladly make that trade twice on Sundays because it resulted in 2 Cups and while the Kings slipped a little bit in recent years they still have a big chunk of that team that is capable of winning a third Cup in 6 years.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all my criticism of Richards and not buying him out when they should have, I still hold true that the Kings don't win the first cup (if any) without that trade.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, he was brought in for his pedigree and attitude, not his stats and he delivered. The Kings don't win that second Cup without learning from him from the first Cup. Richards wasn't nearly as big a factor in 2014 as he was in 2012 but he didn't need to be - he taught the Kings how to win and they applied that knowledge and attitude in 2014.

The author also doesn't take into account the Kings ad Flyers don't play the same style of hockey. While Simmonds did hit 30 goals in Philadelphia he wasn't going to do that in LA - the Kings don't play an offensive game and he wouldn't be getting T6 minutes because of the depth here.

Like I said, kudos to the guy for participating and putting himself out there but it might be best for him to educate himself a bit more not only on the Flyers and Kings but the game in general.