• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

o's opening day

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter is going to be our man. I think Buck likes for his players to feel they have their 'roles', so the job is his. I'm willing to bet Matusz will get his share this season by default.

So... no 'Wait 'til next year?' on the Red Sox camp?

(lol... I seem to remember one of your papers, years ago, had that as their headline after an opening day loss. Boston Herald maybe? I can't remember. It was a while back.)

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. Yeah Lester did well, just that one mistake and well Cruz made him pay big time. I was at work so I couldn't watch but hearing about a runner not tagging up upsets me. Again, it was the first game so things won't be smooth but that's just fundamental baseball. However... I've played and yes I have made boneheaded plays that should have been "natural."

So Is your closer situation fixed? Or is it still somewhat closer by committee?

it's tommy boom boom hunter unless it is 3 lhh . then you may see one of the lefties . I was a little shocked no o'day today .

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all joking aside winning a 2-1 game is better than 10-9 wins . great game all around .

Absolutely right-on about that. Feel like both teams did MLB proud today with that showing. Had big-time feel to it a few innings in.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it's the first game of the year, Tillman(along with the rest)need to get through at least 6 innings. Boston does make it tough though.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it's the first game of the year, Tillman(along with the rest)need to get through at least 6 innings. Boston does make it tough though.
this year we have a lot of 2 + inning guys in the pen . I would like to see them use britton 3 plus and not get him up every game or every other game and mess up his arm . zach isn't a bp arm .zach pounding 95 and 94 mph 6-0 go / ao pretty good . zachs trade value will be way up before patton gets back . :whistle:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter is going to be our man. I think Buck likes for his players to feel they have their 'roles', so the job is his. I'm willing to bet Matusz will get his share this season by default.

So... no 'Wait 'til next year?' on the Red Sox camp?

(lol... I seem to remember one of your papers, years ago, had that as their headline after an opening day loss. Boston Herald maybe? I can't remember. It was a while back.)

As a manager I would want them to make players feel comfortable with their roles but I still need a little "uneasiness" about if they will keep their job so players don't become complacent and their numbers fall off. I figured Hunter would be your guy! Couldn't remember his name when I started my initial post.

HAHAHA.. "Wait til next year," I am sure someone will be saying that. I really don't think the Red Sox will repeat what they did last year (not the World Series, just in general). I do believe it was in the Herald...

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course tommy had to put the first guy on in vintage jim johnson fashion...come on now...I dont care if they get hits to get on, but it burns m,e inside with a passion to see walks and HBP's in the game esp in the 9th

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still would rather hunter in there than johnson but can we get a guy that comes in and doesnt make us pull our hair out for a victory...the last one we had that didnt was bj ryan and even he had a propensity to walk a guy or 2

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna lie... the nickname "heartattack hunter" did cross the scope of my mind while watching that 9th..

:laugh:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ted, ZB looked calm, collected and like a veteran today. Hats off to him to come in and settle things down for Tillman. Appears to be a good role for Britton until we need a spot start. Tillman was pretty shaky all day imo. Hunter, I'm not so sure about. Yes, he can get it up there at 99mph however, hitting batters to start off the inning is not a good sign. Leaving his predictable fast ball up (for a base hit) will likely hurt him more often than not. I see the closer job evolving as the season goes along. Great team win though!

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ted, ZB looked calm, collected and like a veteran today. Hats off to him to come in and settle things down for Tillman. Appears to be a good role for Britton until we need a spot start. Tillman was pretty shaky all day imo. Hunter, I'm not so sure about. Yes, he can get it up there at 99mph however, hitting batters to start off the inning is not a good sign. Leaving his predictable fast ball up (for a base hit) will likely hurt him more often than not. I see the closer job evolving as the season goes along. Great team win though!

when zb brings his 94 95 stuff he is hard to hit . if he is given a chance to mingle with johan will only make him better . I think johan will be our next lefty starter and then who goes if no injury when he is ready . no matter who the starter is put up or shut up . the thing about Nolan at 80 % he may have went 0-3 but not on only 10 pitches plus making 4 outs . a good ab is also how much you work the pitcher . when most hit the 15 + in an inning they let down and get hit hard . red sox had 2 pitchers and we had 5