• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns moved on from Cody Kessler after the 2016 season, so the quarterback admits he was ready to move on from Cleveland after last season.

The Browns traded him to the Jaguars on March 28, giving Kessler a fresh start.

“My agent was talking to them, and obviously they got Tyrod [Taylor] and what happened last year, I think I didn’t really have a future there,” Kessler told Mike Kaye of First Coast News. “I told my agent I wanted [another] opportunity. . . . It was kind of a long process through it all and obviously, I’ve only been in the league for two years, so I didn’t really know how it worked, but [my agent] just told me, ‘If that’s what you want to do, we’ll work on it and see what we can do.'”

Kessler, 25, started eight games as a rookie in 2016. He started none last season, watching DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan pass him on the depth chart. He joins the Jaguars, replacing Chad Henne as Blake Bortles‘ backup.

“Nothing against Cleveland,” Kessler said. “They drafted me and gave me an opportunity, and I’m forever thankful for that. But, yeah, with how last year went and kind of the situation I was dealt with, I definitely wanted to go somewhere else.”

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaguars are on the field for Organized Team Activities, and Leonard Fournette is looking to be in good shape.

Michael DiRocco of ESPN posted a picture of Fournette looking like he has lost some weight. Fournette weighed in at 240 pounds at last year’s Scouting Combine and 228 pounds at LSU’s Pro Day.

Although Fournette topped 1,000 yards as a rookie, he didn’t have a great season. His 3.9 yards per carry was below the league average, as was his first down rate, gaining first downs on just 17 percent of his carries. Fournette missed three games and the Jaguars went 3-0 in those games and averaged more rushing yards in the games he missed than in the games he played.

Perhaps a slimmer Fournette will be a little quicker, and a little better, in his second season.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 pages?

People in Jville have no internet i forgot. Dial up coming

Ramsey Odell match up not much so far. Odell drew a flag on Church

13-3 Jags and I’m saying ballgame

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jags will get into the playoffs this year, 10-6 / 9-7 as a wild card team.