• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Oh.......Problem's Brewing

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan let the cat out of the bag yesterday. He was talking to a Sports Illustrated reporter and and accidentally said the dreaded words he was never supposed to speak......."It took less than 10 minutes to accept Belichick's offer when he called the day before the trade deadline." "I called John Lynch to confirm and he said start dialing him back before you hang up."

Stories will be out today and the rest of the week that it was BB who called Shanahan and offered JG for a second round pick. Cleveland immediately has said that they offered a first round pick plus..

A second story is that Belichick is pissed that Brady got involved with Kraft and the rehiring of Josh McDaniels.
kraft made the final decision but Brady did not want Josh gone and neither did Johnathan Kraft. The feeling according to NBCSB is that BB was pissed that he was not allowed to trade Brady. Comments made today on Zolack and Bertrand (10-2) and Felger and Mazz (2-6)is that BB want to insure his legacy by winning a title without Brady.With Brady gone and winning another couple of Super Bowls while Tom languished somewhere would have made BB the "winner" of all those Super Bowls.

The third story will be minor but it's the one that the Veterans will really wonder about. Belichick purposefully kept Malcolm Butler on the sideline even though he knew that he might have totally changed the Eagles passing game. Maybe changed the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Both radio programs are simulcast on TV and they both had huge audiences and full call-in lines all day. I have a feeling this isn't going to go away any time soon.

I mean no disrespect to you and I enjoy all of your posts but I do not believe a word of anything regarding the Pats, Brady, Belichick, and Kraft that's being written. To counter the Cleveland claim of a first rounder, there's also the story that BB really liked Jimmy and didn't want him to go to the Browns.

It's gone beyond the point of shameless IMO regarding stories written about the Pats. The "journalists" know that writing about the Pats, no matter how stupid the article is, will get the most clicks. Even Tom Curran, who I have always respected, has stooped to the gossip level.

The Pats are gonna win the Super Bowl this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean no disrespect to you and I enjoy all of your posts but I do not believe a word of anything regarding the Pats, Brady, Belichick, and Kraft that's being written. To counter the Cleveland claim of a first rounder, there's also the story that BB really liked Jimmy and didn't want him to go to the Browns.

It's gone beyond the point of shameless IMO regarding stories written about the Pats. The "journalists" know that writing about the Pats, no matter how stupid the article is, will get the most clicks. Even Tom Curran, who I have always respected, has stooped to the gossip level.

The Pats are gonna win the Super Bowl this year.

I don't disagree with a word you say.

Just letting everyone know whats got the media messing it's BVDs in New England. The Shanahan thing didn't break here, it was a passing comment by him and the reporter apparently called NBCSB to confirm or get a comment. Once she told them what had been said, the fires were lit.

To add to these fires, they're saying that JG says that BB texted him after every game congratulating him and praising his performances. It's apparent that Belichick really like JG and wanted to keep him. The only way that could happen is if he could get rid of Brady. We'll probably never know exactly what went on at the league meetings, but we do know that BB and Shanahan met and at the time, BB wouldn't even consider a trade for JG.

Krfat has pretty much said that Brady is here as long as he wants to play football. Whether Belichick likes it or not is totally irrelevent, Kraft owns the team, not Bill. Kraft has pretty much picked Bill successor and there's nothing that can be done about it. Maybe this is Kraft's way of telling Bill that it's time to move on or whatever.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with a word you say.

Just letting everyone know whats got the media messing it's BVDs in New England.......

I got that from your post but maybe you need a disclaimer on your posts?

Losing the SB has made us NE fans a little cranky, no? Time to get the season started before we all go nuts!!!!!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a guy on the radio with a theory that literally had dead air for at least 10 seconds.....

He said...."Now that Brissett is in Indy and JG has been traded to the 49ers, wouldn't it be something if Brady said after the Patriots final game this season........I'm done, I've decided to retire."

A true "Holy Shit" moment.

If there is any bad blood, talk about hitting BB aside the head with a baseball bat...........

At least they have Hoyer signed for three years..........yikes!!!!!!

It's very possible. There is wear and tear every year, Giselle and the family do have an impact and Belichick has always been a hard coach to work under. And maybe Brady is starting to think Belichick and the Patriots are getting farther away from another ring than closer. So retirement might become more possible.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I had the most fun in my NFL career playing for the Patriots ... because they didn't worry about anything else but football" - Marty B.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We still do basically the same things we've done for quite a period of time now. I don't see that changing," Belichick said on WEEI. "I have a good relationship with Tom. I have a lot of respect for Tom. We've won a lot of games together and I hope we can win some more together. I know he feels the same way."

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think our priorities are the same that they've always been, and I think that's why we get along so well. We're here to win," Brady said Tuesday morning in his weekly interview on sports radio WEEI. "It's been a very professional environment he's created and I think I'm very lucky to be in that environment. I think he's the best coach who ever coached in the NFL and I feel very privileged to kind of be mentored by him as long as I have."

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter
1h1 hour ago

Patriots reworked TE Rob Gronkowski’s contract, adding $4.3 million to his contract this year, per @RosenhausSports
Added $1 million in per game bonuses and $3.3 million in incentives, boosting max value to $13.050 million. Similar to Tom Brady structure.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeGiardi
1h1 hour ago

Interest benchmarks to reach for the incentives: 70 catches (Gronk had 69 last year), 1085 yards (he had 1084 last yr) and 9 TDs (he had 8 last yr).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Allen restructured his contract today. He's a keeper. Say good bye to Wil Tye.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeGiardi
1h1 hour ago

Interest benchmarks to reach for the incentives: 70 catches (Gronk had 69 last year), 1085 yards (he had 1084 last yr) and 9 TDs (he had 8 last yr).

All marks that he would have easily surpassed last year if;
A) He had not been suspended vs Dolphins for body slamming Bills safety.
B) If he was targeted even once in the regular season finale vs the Jets (New Years Eve, coldest regular season game in history)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All marks that he would have easily surpassed last year if;
A) He had not been suspended vs Dolphins for body slamming Bills safety.
B) If he was targeted even once in the regular season finale vs the Jets (New Years Eve, coldest regular season game in history)

But still “Not-likely to be earned”.

Sports Negotiations - Defining NFL contract incentives

Good read.
"..… Stop paying them and start buying their results, one by one. The more you trade results for rewards, the more reliable their performance will be."

Read more: Sports Negotiations - Defining NFL contract incentives

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeGiardi
1h1 hour ago

Not a single incentive benchmark met.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be it for Gronk. This year has been really difficult for him and the injuries over the past few years finally took their toll. There comes a point where one's body tells tyhemthat it's over and it doesn't want to be punished anymore.

The only way I see him coming back is if he can get some off season healing and rest. No perties, no TV shit shows, just rest and relaxation. I would recommend going to the Carribbean and swimming every day to stretch and limber up his body. Build up to about 3-or 4 miles a day in the ocean. The water and exercise will work miracles.

Come back in late April and start working with the trainers to insure that his upper body strength is good and then attend all of the OTAs and mini camps.

Most important......don't sign an incentive laden contract, get the dough or go somewhere else and come back to haunt BB and the Pats with the new body.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Sports Tonight was discussing what "appears" to be new issue within the Patriots Hierarchy.
Robert Kraft wants to offer Tom Brady a contract that will allow him to9 finish his career as a NE Patriot.
Belichick was asked last week if he wanted Brady back and he did the routine "If he wants to come back.....blah blah blah.

Seems that BB does not want Brady back at all because the Salary Cap hit would cripple the entire team for the next three years. Johnathan Kraft isn't saying anything but appears to be on BB's side of the argument.

BST said that BB has indicated, not said or anything else, that he's been through this once and gave in. This must be in reference to the fact that he did not want to trade Jimmy Garrapollo three years ago. The talking heads said that if BB could have kept JG, he would be under contract for much less than he's getting now and the Cap situation would be much different. The other side then said, would the Patriots have the two SB Rings if Brady was traded? Yada, Yada, Yada.......

This isn't in stone, nor has it actually been spoken, but somehow, someway, there is a rumbling that should Kraft step in and sign Brady to a three year contract, Belichick will resign and walk away. He'll coach a college team and come back year after next and coach in the NFL again.

Think bout the chaos going on. If McDaniels gets the offer from the Browns, he'll take it or his career is toast. Joe Judge went to the Giants. Judge got the job on a glowing recommendation from BB. If Kraft brings back Brady and BB leaves, the coaching cupboard will be bare. There will be no HC, OC, DC, OLC, RBC, DLC, STC.

We thought the team was in shambles at the end of 2019? Do you honestly think that the Patriots will be any better in 2024 if Kraft gets involved again?

I like I said, the people on BST were not talking like this was something someone dreamed up, this was discussed for nearly two hours. And it got heated.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up.
Sky is falling.

Don't you at least wonder about the way this has worked for the past few years.

I don't think I'd want to be McDaniels. You've got the greatest coach in NFL history on one side and the greatest QB in NFL history on the other. The coach is trying to move on and the QB is trying to hold on. I'd want to out of the middle in a heartbeat. It's no win.

On the other side, are the people under BB leaving because he's just too freakin' hard to work with? Is the brilliance beginning to tarnish just a bit? Someone in here said that eventually both Brady and Belichick will be gone. Then someone sked, who would you rather keep?

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see Belichick stay for at least three more years.

I think McDaniels is gone.
I think Brady is gone.
I think that BB will convince Scar to stay one more year.
I think BB will convince Ivan Fears to stay one more year.
I think BB will name Jerrod Mayo DC or lose him to McDaniels in Cleveland.
I think BB will bring back O'Shea before McDaniels gets him.

Sadly, I think the Patriots will finish 6-10 in 2020.