• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Oh.......Problem's Brewing

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea McClellin
‏Verified account @mcckshea
6h6 hours ago

Since I’ve been asked so much, yes my time in New England was fun! I had a absolute blast. Everyone has their own unique experience and it might not turn out the way they would like but for me it was special.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chatham58
4h4 hours ago

We had fun winning our rings, this whole conversation is just stupid. It wasn’t easy, but not easy doesn’t mean not fun. Hard can be rewarding, some people don’t like hard. It is what it is. Old Reggie Wayne & Cassius Marsh as proof [of what?] is just crazy comment section logic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chatham58
4h4 hours ago

We had fun winning our rings, this whole conversation is just stupid. It wasn’t easy, but not easy doesn’t mean not fun. Hard can be rewarding, some people don’t like hard. It is what it is. Old Reggie Wayne & Cassius Marsh as proof [of what?] is just crazy comment section logic.

I think this is why the Patriot drafts looks so different than any other teams in they are looking for certain personality traits more so than physical traits. They figure they can train them up as football players but to find the right mental capacity to fit what they do is the hard part.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they've whiffed on plenty of guys both incoming rookies (Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Darius Butler, Dominique Easley, etc) and veterans from other places (Adalius Thomas, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Marsh, etc.) that they didn't get the vetting process right on. What chaps my ass is people acting like it's something new and some sort of sign of irreparable strife in the Pats facility or the game having passed Belichick by. There's plenty of evidence to the contrary and all this dogpiling is beyond tiresome. Like, why are Eagles players like Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks taking shots at the Pats' culture? Enjoy your Lombardi and STFU already!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they've whiffed on plenty of guys both incoming rookies (Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Darius Butler, Dominique Easley, etc) and veterans from other places (Adalius Thomas, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Marsh, etc.) that they didn't get the vetting process right on. What chaps my ass is people acting like it's something new and some sort of sign of irreparable strife in the Pats facility or the game having passed Belichick by. There's plenty of evidence to the contrary and all this dogpiling is beyond tiresome. Like, why are Eagles players like Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks taking shots at the Pats' culture? Enjoy your Lombardi and STFU already!

This is what happens when you lose the Super Bowl. Fans, players, and media have a recency bias towards what they last saw. And what was last seen was the Pats losing. Throw in they are the most talked about team whether they win the Super Bowl or not. And any whiff of things cracking people pounce on that opportunity. Tom Brady and Gronk not showing up to OTA's all of a sudden becomes the sports story of the day.

I would add that because this is the slow time of the NFL season even the smallest thing is blown out of proportion. Just like Deflategate showing up when it did and because of who it was connected to just made it the story of the offseason. In reality even if he did deflate football or told the ball boy to do it it still really wasn't that big of a deal. It shouldn't have led to a summer long investigation but for the NFL my guess is they saw a story that would keep people glued to the sport when nothing was happening.

As for the Pats culture it is a unique one. There is not another team in the NFL that can create what the Pats have created. I honestly think that is why a lot of Pats coaches fail when they become HC's is because they try to create that same environment but only Belichick can make it look natural. And yes they will have some failures along the way but part of the Patriot culture is realizing those mistakes and moving on faster than other teams. Some hold out hope that if they hold on just a bit longer maybe things will change. The Pats are very business like and cut the fat of what is not working. It is ruthless but successful.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest thing is that the biggest mouths have never played for the Patriots or Bill Belichick. Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks. both Eagles have spent the off season demeaning the Patriots and Belichick. If there had been another minutes left in the Super Bowl, they'd still be licking their wounds because the Patriots would have found a way to win that game. Wayne couldn't hack the Patriots training camp and quit, Marsh couldn't do more than one thing at a time and when BB pressed him, he failed even more. His only ability is stopping the run. He couldn't cover the middle or any receiver. He couldn't blitz. Bitch all you want Cassius, you ain't ALi.

My guess is that the Eagles won't make it to the NFC Championship Game. I'm betting that the Patriots will make it back to the Super Bowl and get their 6th out of 9 in this century.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest thing is that the biggest mouths have never played for the Patriots or Bill Belichick. Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks. both Eagles have spent the off season demeaning the Patriots and Belichick. If there had been another minutes left in the Super Bowl, they'd still be licking their wounds because the Patriots would have found a way to win that game. Wayne couldn't hack the Patriots training camp and quit, Marsh couldn't do more than one thing at a time and when BB pressed him, he failed even more. His only ability is stopping the run. He couldn't cover the middle or any receiver. He couldn't blitz. Bitch all you want Cassius, you ain't ALi.

My guess is that the Eagles won't make it to the NFC Championship Game. I'm betting that the Patriots will make it back to the Super Bowl and get their 6th out of 9 in this century.

Well said sir! I have made it clear in other posts I don't even think the Eagles win their division.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A really good baseball player hits like .300?
Weatherman is right once a week?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is all in a tizzy again. Apparently Tom Brady hasn't been totally absent from OTAs. By sheer accident a Globe reporter was hanging around Gillette and saw Julian Edelman walk out of the locker room in shorts and a practice shirt. Everyone else was getting a shower and/or getting dressed. He didn't think much of it, but decided to see what JE was doiung or where he was going and possibly get a quick rehab update or something.

When he got outside JE had sprinted down through the outside practice fields and was running to the practice dome. The reporter tried to run and catch up but JE made it to the dome and went inside about 150 yards before the reporter could get there. By the time the reporter got to the dome, the was a huge security guy standing in front of the door and told him the dome was closed.
He then told him practice was over and that he had to leave the practice area. The reporter protested but the security guy basically told him to leave or be arrested for criminal trespassing and lose his Gillette credentials.

The reporter went up to the parking lot and watched thye dome for two hours. Then JE came out and shortly after so did TB12.

Now the talking heads are bitching that Brady is short changing all of the other WRs on the Patriots by playing favorites with JE.

I swear if I was Brady, I'd refuse to do any TV or radio interviews for the upcoming seasons and never speak to any of these guys. Fuck them, Fuck the NFL, fine me. Suspend me in 2019 because I wouldn't give them jack shit. I'd talk as many other guys as I could to do the same and see what the league would do? Suspend 50 players for not talking to the media???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is all in a tizzy again. Apparently Tom Brady hasn't been totally absent from OTAs. By sheer accident a Globe reporter was hanging around Gillette and saw Julian Edelman walk out of the locker room in shorts and a practice shirt. Everyone else was getting a shower and/or getting dressed. He didn't think much of it, but decided to see what JE was doiung or where he was going and possibly get a quick rehab update or something.

When he got outside JE had sprinted down through the outside practice fields and was running to the practice dome. The reporter tried to run and catch up but JE made it to the dome and went inside about 150 yards before the reporter could get there. By the time the reporter got to the dome, the was a huge security guy standing in front of the door and told him the dome was closed.
He then told him practice was over and that he had to leave the practice area. The reporter protested but the security guy basically told him to leave or be arrested for criminal trespassing and lose his Gillette credentials.

The reporter went up to the parking lot and watched thye dome for two hours. Then JE came out and shortly after so did TB12.

Now the talking heads are bitching that Brady is short changing all of the other WRs on the Patriots by playing favorites with JE.

I swear if I was Brady, I'd refuse to do any TV or radio interviews for the upcoming seasons and never speak to any of these guys. Fuck them, Fuck the NFL, fine me. Suspend me in 2019 because I wouldn't give them jack shit. I'd talk as many other guys as I could to do the same and see what the league would do? Suspend 50 players for not talking to the media???

This the 1st time that the Patriots have fucked with the media? Sounds like they're having fun.....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an easy problem to fix. Pay Brady after his career is over to do nothing more than show up to a game or two.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots losing the SB was a bigger story than the Eagles winning it....Philly knows it and needs to keep reminding people they won, without actually coming out and saying "we won".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Despite all the drama the Patriots went through this offseason, it appears that everyone is going to be reporting to training camp on time, which means there's a 100 percent the Patriots are going to go on a scorched-earth march through the NFL this year on the way to Super Bowl LIII."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan let the cat out of the bag yesterday. He was talking to a Sports Illustrated reporter and and accidentally said the dreaded words he was never supposed to speak......."It took less than 10 minutes to accept Belichick's offer when he called the day before the trade deadline." "I called John Lynch to confirm and he said start dialing him back before you hang up."

Stories will be out today and the rest of the week that it was BB who called Shanahan and offered JG for a second round pick. Cleveland immediately has said that they offered a first round pick plus..

A second story is that Belichick is pissed that Brady got involved with Kraft and the rehiring of Josh McDaniels.
kraft made the final decision but Brady did not want Josh gone and neither did Johnathan Kraft. The feeling according to NBCSB is that BB was pissed that he was not allowed to trade Brady. Comments made today on Zolack and Bertrand (10-2) and Felger and Mazz (2-6)is that BB want to insure his legacy by winning a title without Brady.With Brady gone and winning another couple of Super Bowls while Tom languished somewhere would have made BB the "winner" of all those Super Bowls.

The third story will be minor but it's the one that the Veterans will really wonder about. Belichick purposefully kept Malcolm Butler on the sideline even though he knew that he might have totally changed the Eagles passing game. Maybe changed the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Both radio programs are simulcast on TV and they both had huge audiences and full call-in lines all day. I have a feeling this isn't going to go away any time soon.