• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Thread:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls should take anything for D. Rose. A new bus, the first round pick from 1992, anything to get rid of a bloated salaried shell of his former self, point guard who thinks shoot first, but is not a 3pt shooter.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be interesting. I just hope we either try for some nice FA or commit to a rebuild. I don't want some half assed middle ground.

This front office does not know what they want. I do not think Hoiberg is going to have the respect of some big name FA making 30 million. He does not have Butlers and yeah, its gonna take 30 now. Teams are going to have their max players they signed for 20 and more max players to get to the 94 million cap. We will see if Pax goes begging an opted out Carmello or opted out LeBron, or Durant this time around, but I dont think any of them are going anywhere. We will watch Lebron wait for his boys to get paid and hold out til the end again and guys like Paxson will think he is still in all along. Front office needs to be changed for this team to get out of its own way.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, D Rose is gone. get Lopez, Grant and Calderon. Thought Justin Holiday had a place on this bench though. So will the bulls move butler and go full rebuild, with Pau opting out, Noah claiming he is gone, Personally, I think the bulls are afraid that Rose was going to have a great year and they would be forced to pay him 30 million.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they wanted Calderon because he is buddies with gasol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Rose does not have the skills required to run a hoiberg offense. I think he is still a good player and am excited to see how he plays with melo. I think New York has a playoff team now, but they got nothing on Cleveland. Each corresponding big three player is better on Cleveland (James > Melo, Kyrie > D Rose, Love > Kristaps). They also have a lot more depth.

Calderon has the skills to run our offense. I don't want him to start too long, only until we can find a better option, but he is serviceable while we kinda suck. Lopez replaces Noah. He might even be better at this stage in their careers. Grant is probably just a bench player. Not too bad of a trade.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Jimmy went to the bulls facilities to watch the draft to see where he would be traded. Apparently the bulls are high on Dunn and with him falling into Thibbs lap who knows what might happen. Am I the only one that thinks that Paxson wants nothing to do in helping Thibbs build his team faster?

Espn had an interesting stat on butler. The games Rose did not play, he averaged 28 points, but he was also top two for guards in three different categories.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, I woke up feeling so shitty about the team this morning. Unless FA is extreeeeemly productive I have no idea what direction we are going in. Valentine is a big question mark with his knees and defense. Is there anybody besides Butler and Lopez that can defend on this team? Assuming Pau, Noah and Taj are gone, the lineup is not good enough to win many games, even in the East, and if we keep Butler it will be a waste of a great talent in the prime of his career. My only hope is that we are nowhere near done and will either blow the whole thing up or add more substantial pieces next month.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Gibson is going anywhere. I question what they think McDermott will become when they chose another swing man or 3. I think if it was anyone but Thibbs in Minnesota offering Dunn the bulls would have made a deal already. But then again, I prefer Jimmy the 3 anyway. I am not sure if the I cannot believe he is still available won out over our bigger needs. I thought for sure they were going Wade Baldwin.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcdermott will probably play some 4 at times.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, they really tore up Derricks pressconference. Smiling when he said, I dont know why I was traded, just like to tell them thank you. Then he drops an F Bomb answering a question saying fucking lose the game. Saying all the right things to the new york media, you think we will get a full page thank you in sundays paper?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gar and Forman are one of the worst front office people. None of this makes sense. We got nothing in return. They talk about getting younger and more athletic......well we just got older and less athletic in this trade. Then we draft an older college player who isnt that athletic. Yes is suppose to be an good all around player. Now on top of that they want to trade our most athletic big guy in Gibson.

They have no plan in place. Also how are we not mention about going after Durant. I know our chances would be slim but we should be talking about getting him.

I hate this front office they never do anything right.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gar and Forman are one of the worst front office people. None of this makes sense. We got nothing in return. They talk about getting younger and more athletic......well we just got older and less athletic in this trade. Then we draft an older college player who isnt that athletic. Yes is suppose to be an good all around player. Now on top of that they want to trade our most athletic big guy in Gibson.

They have no plan in place. Also how are we not mention about going after Durant. I know our chances would be slim but we should be talking about getting him.

I hate this front office they never do anything right.
I'm assuming you meant Gar and Paxon, but yea the immediate future is a little bleak. I personally liked the Rose trade in the sense that it was the best we were gonna get. I read that a lot of teams were actually asking for future draft picks from the Bulls to soak up Rose's contract. We avoided all that while getting a more than serviceable center, and a young , athletic guard with a lot of potential in Grant.

We really won't know what Valentine brings to the table until next year, but assuming the knee issue was blown out of proportion, I don't think it was a horrible pick.

As far as Taj is concerned, now is the time to move him if you're going to do it.

All that said, it may be a long process to get back to being relevent, the championship window slammed shut on us unfortunately.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you meant Gar and Paxon, but yea the immediate future is a little bleak. I personally liked the Rose trade in the sense that it was the best we were gonna get. I read that a lot of teams were actually asking for future draft picks from the Bulls to soak up Rose's contract. We avoided all that while getting a more than serviceable center, and a young , athletic guard with a lot of potential in Grant.

We really won't know what Valentine brings to the table until next year, but assuming the knee issue was blown out of proportion, I don't think it was a horrible pick.

As far as Taj is concerned, now is the time to move him if you're going to do it.

All that said, it may be a long process to get back to being relevent, the championship window slammed shut on us unfortunately.
Grant is nothing special. Lopez is an ok Center but again my problem is with his speech. The team actually got older and less Athletic. His plan from the start was to get younger, more athletic but we trade one of the most athletic PGs in the league, Noah not returning- one of the most athletic Centers in the league. I hope they trade or release Caldron(whatever his name is.) He was ranked in the bottom 5 of starting PGs last year and he is 34 years old.

I really want to see what we do in FA. I shocked we arent mention for KD(I know he wont come here). I think they sign low key FA and wait for next year where they will have around 40 mill to spend. They can then go after 2 Max players. Thats what I see, plus hope Sac finally wins a little and we end up with 2 1st rd picks. 1 in the Top 10(Bulls pick) and on between 11-15 (sac pick)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree if we want to tade Gibson now is the time but I really dont want to blow up our front court and back court in 1 season. We already lost Rose, Gasol and Noah. Portis isnt ready to start. If we traded Gibson this would be our starting 5:
C: Lopez(Avg to good Center)
PF-Mirotic or Portis(both shaky as starters)
SG/SF: Butler (Allstar)
SG/SF: McDermott(I heard he is leading)
PG" Caldron: Very bad PG.

Bench:
Valentine
Moore
Grant
Portis or Mirotic
Felicio
Dinwindle

Not a strong bench

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are questioning where Paxson has been since the past presser he did was end of the season in April. Derrick is being a diva in new york saying he thinks New York fans will appreciate him more. Damn, I can already see the headlines of the new york times, its gonna be like national enquirer.
They like Grant, Love McDermott, Valentine thinks he is a 1 thru 4 player, I have not seen much in his handles. Jimmy and Valentine will bring the ball up, so more of the bulls with Pax or Kerr where the point guy was the shooter when Calderon is in. Felicio is energy off the bench and knows how to rebound and fucking finish by dunking the ball. I really do not know if Jimmy is going to be here for long. After the numbers start going to 150 max deals, Jimmy is gonna look like a bargain. Gar is already counting on our #1 next year, Sacramentos #1 next year, then two more the following year when teams are buying players for 30 million.

I thought there was a time before the draft that you can trade without worrying about salaries matching, but apparently, thats why Holiday and the pick had to be included. You know, like when Kirk at 8 million was moved to Washington for picks? Bulls might just buy Calderon out if he does not fit in. I see a soap opera with Jimmy and Fred that wont end well. If Fred rags on everyone and has harder practices, maybe Jimmy will buy in, but Jimmy will also need to give up his hope to run more isolation.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice find. I still think the bulls were more worried about Derrick going off in a contract year, then end up being forced to max him again and deal with the same 50% rate of playing. Now Derrick goes off and they can easily attest to it being a change of scenery he needed, and removing the pressure of having to win for the home town team. Trading Derrick was an easy way out.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah will be going to the Knicks as well, 18 fucking million a year.

End of last year, shot to make the playoffs, Noah still in street clothes. We knew he was not coming back unless he was gonna accept a pau type deal, but still did not play him. If he would have torn the shoulder apart again, it was his next teams problem.

Just more inept upper management.

Luckily the bulls are not tied to any one free agent yet this year. Durant is visiting 6 teams and is taking the easy way to the title if he chooses golden state, Whiteside is going to Dallas first, dont even know why they visit teams other than getting free dinners, its the same deal wherever he chooses. We will see if Lebron holds cleveland out til they reup his buddies, Wade is opting out again, I bet we still get tied to him. Derricks gone, now its your home town team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just keeps getting worse. So far everything we have done is opposite of what management said. We have gotten older and less athletic. LOL We spend 14 mill on Rondo for no reason at all. Just go into full rebuild mode. Now we can only sign 1 Max player and a lot of the top players dont want to play with Rondo. Plus he is 30 years old. So we got older at the PG position. We have a starting PG at 30 and a back up PG at 34 years old. Its time to Fire the front office. Only credit I give them is they draft ok. FA and Trades they are not so good at.

Now yes Rondo contract isnt bad but the issue is there was no reason for it unless u know you are going to sing Wade. Then we would have a solid team in Rondo, Wade and Butler. Why not just go into rebuild mode.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I saw 2/28, then I saw 2/30, with only part of the second year guaranteed?

If we get the Rondo that just wants to penetrate and dish to Jimmy, Niko, McDermott, then maybe they run the offense like they did at the start of last season, movement and easy buckets. But if we get the rondo nobody wants to play with, its not much different than having D rose except hopefully he will not be launching threes.

as far as getting to rebuild mode, I dont know how you get there anymore with the cap floor being 85 million.

I am confused why the bulls had to match money with the pick and Holiday to trade rose, but then the Warriors just get to deal Bogut for no return and renounce rights to players. Is that some rule the bulls missed? I am sure they wanted Lopez and Grant, not sure they wanted Caldreron, when holiday showed some promise and you never know what you get for that second round pick.