• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s hoping (can’t believe I’m even typing this) that Goodell makes Jerry’s decision an easy one and suspends T-Will... and helps ease the process of cutting his ass.
God ell won't help the Cowboys be a better team. If twill is suspended it won't happen for a long time.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really looking forward to pre-season to see who looks good. Dorance Armstrong looks like a major steal. Almost 35 inch arms and can pressure qbs

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been very impressed with any of the TEs we have. Swaim is our most accomplished, making him our number 1. Media and coach speak have put Jarwin's name out there and I don't think its warranted. The Stanford kid can't be thrown into the fire yet. It appears we have 3 guys who do a decent job at blocking and one who doesn't. The one that doesn't just happens to be the most physically gifted and physically imposing TE we have. He also is the only one I feel that can run a seem route and threaten safeties deep as well as box out for the short contested catch. I think he makes the team and we use him quite a bit split out wide in space where his blocking assignment is a given. block the guy in front of you. I just hope when used this way he doesn't hold in plain sight of the officials. If he does, that might be the end of the Rico experiment.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been very impressed with any of the TEs we have. Swaim is our most accomplished, making him our number 1. Media and coach speak have put Jarwin's name out there and I don't think its warranted. The Stanford kid can't be thrown into the fire yet. It appears we have 3 guys who do a decent job at blocking and one who doesn't. The one that doesn't just happens to be the most physically gifted and physically imposing TE we have. He also is the only one I feel that can run a seem route and threaten safeties deep as well as box out for the short contested catch. I think he makes the team and we use him quite a bit split out wide in space where his blocking assignment is a given. block the guy in front of you. I just hope when used this way he doesn't hold in plain sight of the officials. If he does, that might be the end of the Rico experiment.
Julius Thomas makes a lot of sense to me...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think with Rico, maybe the blocking isn't there year 1 or year 2, and maybe never. Still the coaching staff has to find a way to make use of what Rico does offer. The guy is going to be a mismatch against most defenders in 1v1 scenarios. If he can't block that's not ideal but I'd still live with it just to get him on the field as a receiver. Just hope that the coaches aren't too rigid in their expectations on Gathers because he is a "Tight End".

I don't know much about Jarwin, but I'm interested to see his development.

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys adjusting training camp roster they have released Maliek Earl WR, Jay Robertson G, DeQuinton Osbourne DT and Ed Shockley LB and added Darius Jackson RB, Eric Pinkins LB and Antwan Woods DT

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys adjusting training camp roster they have released Maliek Earl WR, Jay Robertson G, DeQuinton Osbourne DT and Ed Shockley LB and added Darius Jackson RB, Eric Pinkins LB and Antwan Woods DT
they have added MeKale McKay WR

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to released Jackson in the past.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to released Jackson in the past.
Me neither, but it had as much to do with knowing DMac was done and wanting to get rid of his contract as it was thinking Jackson would be good.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Rico, maybe the blocking isn't there year 1 or year 2, and maybe never. Still the coaching staff has to find a way to make use of what Rico does offer. The guy is going to be a mismatch against most defenders in 1v1 scenarios. If he can't block that's not ideal but I'd still live with it just to get him on the field as a receiver. Just hope that the coaches aren't too rigid in their expectations on Gathers because he is a "Tight End".

I don't know much about Jarwin, but I'm interested to see his development.
Schultz is my sleeper. He is a very good blocker and has a nasty side. I have cooled some on rico.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a highlight where he abused Texas Left Tackle. And I think everyone knows who he is.
Yeah, and that is a good sign as Williams was a good tackle. Williams is going to end up being better at guard.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question is if the Cowboys improved this off season? I think they did. The talent on defense is the best we have had since marineli got here. I trust the new DB coach will get the most out of the talented young secondary. Lewis and Awuzie are ballers. Connor Williams is a major upgrade and we added serious speed to the offense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a highlight where he abused Texas Left Tackle. And I think everyone knows who he is.
Wait...so is that good or bad for us. I can't figure it out:scratch:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...so is that good or bad for us. I can't figure it out:scratch:

The DE only has to win a few rounds. OT has to win every round.

He got caught flat footed, lets just say that Armstrong took full advantage that and rocked him back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't verify it, but just saw on social media that Awuzie allowed the fewest yards per reception of any NFL cornerback in 2017.

Combined with Richards more aggressive mindset I like the outlook for Awuzie to get up on guys and be very physical at the LOS and make them work to get open

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this really true? I knew there was a big difference, but this is even bigger than the difference in points allowed when Lee is out. Obviously things don't happen in a vacuum and it isn't as simple as these two being on the field, but it seems like the Cowboys top 2 priorities should be keep T Smith healthy and keep Lee healthy.