• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to argue that, but my only comeback is...weren't we told when Linehan came in that Garrett's Offense was being forced on him and that other than some tinkering here and there wasn't going to change? There were some questionable play calls no doubt that Linehan needs to take responsibility for, but probably not too many more than on most teams. I feel like it's a package deal at this point. We can't keep getting rid of the guys around Garrett and keep Garrett. I actually like Garrett and think he can be a real good HC but he needs to give up some control. If we miss the playoffs and he is going to still be here it should truly be as HC only. He will always be heavily involved in the Offense because that is how he is, but get an OC that you allow to implement his own offense. We need more creativity on that side of the ball for sure.

Well, I have made my thoughts on Garrett well known. It was an unpopular opinion at the time, haha.

My issue with Linehan is he is as much at fault for not adjusting the offensive game plan as Garrett is. Linehan is the play caller. Some of his ideology is just pain stale. He does some of the most maddening things repeatedly. The predictability of the offense has long been a trait of Linehan offenses wherever he's been.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Dez has yet to begin working with the route guru. Per NFL.com.

WR guru to add more 'tricks' to Dez Bryant's game

Thu guru says he is going to help him work on his release. Basically says to be the bully and create contact at the line. Don't always release wide with a stiff arm like he's been doing. I think that may work against smaller DBs, but won't against guys like Norman who invite that style and thrive off it. It will likely invite more flags - both off. and def. - but might get him up the field with the guy on his hip and make the DB adjust his technique to guard against that. May open Dez up to create separation if the guy can't jump on the 2 routes Dez runs if he releases right or the 2 to the left. Now he can run all 4 and make them all look the same, keeping the DB guessing. And if Linehan moves him around more, that only benefits Dez.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still interested in Hurst if he slides to the 2nd. (if we didnt take a DT in the 1st)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was surfing the web looking for Cowboy news looking and saw a couple of interesting articles related to the Dez talk on here.

First about "the meeting". Could be this Friday:
Source: Jerry Jones To Meet With Dez Bryant On Friday

Second about the routes Dez runs and whose fault the "miscommunication" is. Just an opinion, but maybe Dak wasn't so inaccurate last year after all:
Cowboys news: Former Cowboys quarterback says on-field chemistry with Dak is "all on Dez"
I have always thought it was on Dez. Dak has been great about not throwing picks. When you see Dez quitting on route after route, imagine trying to pull the trigger when your target just strays off from where he is supposed to be. I forget who it was on here that was arguing Dez wouldn't have to take a pay cut to remain with the team, but come Friday....we'll see about them apples

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought it was on Dez. Dak has been great about not throwing picks. When you see Dez quitting on route after route, imagine trying to pull the trigger when your target just strays off from where he is supposed to be. I forget who it was on here that was arguing Dez wouldn't have to take a pay cut to remain with the team, but come Friday....we'll see about them apples

Yea here we go. Another 100% Dez fault post. Yawn LOL

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea here we go. Another 100% Dez fault post. Yawn LOL

"Another 100% Dez fault post." I haven't seen even one such post - not on this forum and not on anywhere else on the internet. tomodach10 is drawing that conclusion of his own bias and not because anyone has said such a thing.

Dak has some work to do, no doubt. His second year wasn't on the same level as his first. I don't think anyone on this forum has ever said or even implied otherwise.

It is, though, undeniably true that Dez is slow, he runs lazy routes, he seldom gets any separation, he gives up on too many plays, he sits down in the wrong spot when reading zones, he throws fits on the sideline, he is as careless with the football after the catch as he is before the catch. All the world sees this and acknowledges it. Team owner, VP, and coaches say it. It's the subject of very many articles by football analysts. It factors into opposing teams' defensive schemes. Even Dez's newly hired route running guru says it plainly.

Somehow, though, tomodach10, believes the issue is equally with Dak.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Another 100% Dez fault post." I haven't seen even one such post - not on this forum and not on anywhere else on the internet. tomodach10 is drawing that conclusion of his own bias and not because anyone has said such a thing.

Dak has some work to do, no doubt. His second year wasn't on the same level as his first. I don't think anyone on this forum has ever said or even implied otherwise.

It is, though, undeniably true that Dez is slow, he runs lazy routes, he seldom gets any separation, he gives up on too many plays, he sits down in the wrong spot when reading zones, he throws fits on the sideline, he is as careless with the football after the catch as he is before the catch. All the world sees this and acknowledges it. Team owner, VP, and coaches say it. It's the subject of very many articles by football analysts. It factors into opposing teams' defensive schemes. Even Dez's newly hired route running guru says it plainly.

Somehow, though, tomodach10, believes the issue is equally with Dak.

Well obviously, you did not see the one I commented on:

have always thought it was on Dez. Dak has been great about not throwing picks. When you see Dez quitting on route after route, imagine trying to pull the trigger when your target just strays off from where he is supposed to be. I forget who it was on here that was arguing Dez wouldn't have to take a pay cut to remain with the team, but come Friday....we'll see about them apples

From UK

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on both. Sure he may quit on some routes but there are also times he is open that the ball isn't there.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on both. Sure he may quit on some routes but there are also times he is open that the ball isn't there.

I agree on both. I will refrian from further comments on Dez. Time to focus on draft lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were definitely some bad passes from Dak last year, but I don't really think there were too many times Dez was what i would term as "open". Maybe a step and in this league that should be enough. But "open" wasn't something we saw much of from Dez. I expect him to be better this year so hopefully it won't be an issue any longer

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously, you did not see the one I commented on:

have always thought it was on Dez. Dak has been great about not throwing picks. When you see Dez quitting on route after route, imagine trying to pull the trigger when your target just strays off from where he is supposed to be. I forget who it was on here that was arguing Dez wouldn't have to take a pay cut to remain with the team, but come Friday....we'll see about them apples

From UK
Yep, 100% true. IMO. What's also true is that he will be taking a paycut or he will get cut. You still want to argue that point or wait till after tomorrow?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have my eye on these safeties that are sitting around unsigned. The longer it goes on the more the price drops. I think if we end up cutting Dez in the next week Jerry won't be able to hold on to the savings and will run out and get a safety or N Bowman within a couple of days if for no other reason than he thinks it will help with the perception of cutting Dez in hte eyes of those that are against it.

S Vaccaro could get 1-year 'prove it' offer
8451.jpg

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins could extend a one-year "prove it" offer to free agent S Kenny Vaccaro.

Despite his lack of visits, Vaccaro remains a solid player who can help out both in the box and against tight ends. His presence would also likely push S T.J. McDonald to linebacker as the team has shown interest in moving him there. Vaccaro is still only 27 and underwent core muscle surgery in December.
Source: Armando Salguero
Apr 12 - 2:03 PM

Seahawks postponed visit with FA Kaepernick

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 100% true. IMO. What's also true is that he will be taking a paycut or he will get cut. You still want to argue that point or wait till after tomorrow?
No, it is just your opion he will take a pay cut or be cut. No one knows.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have my eye on these safeties that are sitting around unsigned. The longer it goes on the more the price drops. I think if we end up cutting Dez in the next week Jerry won't be able to hold on to the savings and will run out and get a safety or N Bowman within a couple of days if for no other reason than he thinks it will help with the perception of cutting Dez in hte eyes of those that are against it.

S Vaccaro could get 1-year 'prove it' offer
8451.jpg

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins could extend a one-year "prove it" offer to free agent S Kenny Vaccaro.

Despite his lack of visits, Vaccaro remains a solid player who can help out both in the box and against tight ends. His presence would also likely push S T.J. McDonald to linebacker as the team has shown interest in moving him there. Vaccaro is still only 27 and underwent core muscle surgery in December.
Source: Armando Salguero
Apr 12 - 2:03 PM

Seahawks postponed visit with FA Kaepernick

i could see that. Jerry running out and getting a player for perception.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3