• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason needs

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Rashad. I'm a little more optimistic about Bethel. I remember the game where he was exposed and beaten bad on just about every pass that came his way, but thought he bounced back nicely after that. In the Packers game they targeted (rightfully so at the time) like 15 times and he smothered his guy just about every time. The only pass they completed on him worth talking about was the bomb to Cobb and even then Bethel was all over him (just a perfect throw/catch)
I agree Bethel did bounce back against GB, but you have to remember they were down their top 3 WRs by the time the Cards met them. I think he's a great ST player and a good nickel/dime CB but I feel the team needs someone better to play opposite of PP.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Bethel did bounce back against GB, but you have to remember they were down their top 3 WRs by the time the Cards met them. I think he's a great ST player and a good nickel/dime CB but I feel the team needs someone better to play opposite of PP.

Yeah, you're probably right. Just going to be a matter of if it's in the budget vs. their other priorities. Hoping Keim does a better job with a project QB if he goes for another one in the draft than Logan Thomas.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're probably right. Just going to be a matter of if it's in the budget vs. their other priorities. Hoping Keim does a better job with a project QB if he goes for another one in the draft than Logan Thomas.
I love his drive and think he's the heart of the Special Teams. I just don't think he's quite talented enough to start.

I agree with finding a long term answer at QB. Palmer isn't going to last more than another year or two. I just hope they hit on a player like Seattle did and grab a starter no one really thought was going to be as good as he ended up being.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love his drive and think he's the heart of the Special Teams. I just don't think he's quite talented enough to start.

I agree with finding a long term answer at QB. Palmer isn't going to last more than another year or two. I just hope they hit on a player like Seattle did and grab a starter no one really thought was going to be as good as he ended up being.

Totally agree. I hope they learned their lesson with Thomas. You don't just grasp a guy solely based on his great arm and height if he was never that good in college. Like Arians said, it's about your head and your heart. I was perplexed when they drafted a guy that wasn't crap in college like Thomas (15 TD, 13 INT in his SENIOR year???) and expected him to somehow be good in the NFL. Wilson was always decent in college, but his senior year was standout (33 TD, 4 INT).

Still scratching my head about Logan Thomas. I will until my dying day.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ Chandler Jones + Corey Peters + Robert Nkemdiche + Tyvon Branch

This defense is going to be a force.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ Chandler Jones + Corey Peters + Robert Nkemdiche + Tyvon Branch

This defense is going to be a force.

Most of me really likes this pick. I have a slight hesitation after they botched the first round last year with a supposedly high talent guy with possible character issues who now looks like the character issues will trump the talent and he'll be a bust.

You always roll the dice on the high risk/high reward guys...hoping he'll be a Honey Badger type guy and not DJ Humphries.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft is over for the Cards how do you all feel about it? I think Nkemdiche haso great up side and if any locker room can keep him on the straight and narrow it's Arizona.
They took quite a few DBs so hopefully the back end should be a bit tighter this year. The center they took should start and the OT will push Humphries to actually play to his potential and be depth.
Overall I'd say a solid B to B+.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft is over for the Cards how do you all feel about it? I think Nkemdiche haso great up side and if any locker room can keep him on the straight and narrow it's Arizona.
They took quite a few DBs so hopefully the back end should be a bit tighter this year. The center they took should start and the OT will push Humphries to actually play to his potential and be depth.
Overall I'd say a solid B to B+.

I have no hope that Humphries will amount to anything. The problem isn't him needing competition to be motivated by.

Not so sure about some the later round picks. A guard from Harvard seems a wasteful pick.

Not a big fan of Brandon Williams. Love Nkemdiche, like Boehm. Don't know who the small school guys are so no opinion on that!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on the Rams boards, thought I'd leave this here for you guys too...

Arizona Cardinals
Positions of Need: S; OL; LB; CB; TE
Need

Drafted

Needs Analysis:
Adding additional playmakers to a defensive backfield that already includes Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu could help make the Cardinals formidable against the pass. Arizona will likely be on the lookout for an edge-bending, disruptive pass rusher. Defensive ends Frostee Rucker and Cory Redding aren't getting any younger and the Cardinals' defense feeds off of an active defensive front. Center and tight end are the two biggest areas of need on offense.

Round 1, Pick 30 (29) Robert Nkemdiche DT 6'3" 294 Mississippi 6.3

Pick Analysis:
"The Cardinals made a trade this offseason to make the pass rush better by getting Chandler Jones from the Patriots. Now, they make the inside better. This is a top-10 talent, but has inconsistent tape. I think he ended up in a great spot. The Cardinals were 20th in the league in sacks last season, and they will get better this year. From a value perspective, this is a home-run pick." -- Mike Mayock

Round 3
, Pick 30 (92) Brandon Williams CB 5'11" 197 Texas A&M 5.3

Pick Analysis:
"He has big-time speed and athleticism. He can carry the vertical routes easy with that speed, but those double moves will get him. There are a lot of raw tools to work with here." -- Daniel Jeremiah

Round 4
, Pick 30 (128) Evan Boehm C 6'2" 309 Missouri 5.4

Pick Analysis:
Boehm has starter qualities and center is a need for the Cardinals. He's a lunch pail hog with the intangibles you want from the leader of your offensive line. This is a good value for a future starter. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 5
, Pick 30 (167) Marqui Christian SS 5'10" 196 Midwestern St. 5.2

Pick Analysis: Christian was a super-productive small school box safety with some developmental traits to be a reliable backup and special teams player. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 5
, Pick 33 (170) (Compensatory Selection) Cole Toner OT 6'5" 306 Harvard 5.0

Pick Analysis: With some of the contract situations along the Cardinals' OL, they bring in some versatility and see where Toner fits. He hangs his hat on mobility in pass pro and on run downs. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 6, Pick 30 (205) Harlan Miller CB 6'0" 182 Southeastern Louisiana 5.5

Pick Analysis: The depth in Arizona's defensive backfield will be competitive. Miller is an aggressive corner who will be fighting for reserve jobs early in his career. --Mark Dulgerian

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no hope that Humphries will amount to anything. The problem isn't him needing competition to be motivated by.

Not so sure about some the later round picks. A guard from Harvard seems a wasteful pick.

Not a big fan of Brandon Williams. Love Nkemdiche, like Boehm. Don't know who the small school guys are so no opinion on that!
The kid from Harvard is an OT not a G and is a need for the Cards so not a waste imo. Hopefully, he can play but at very least will add depth at the position.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love: Nkemdiche & Boehm picks.

Like: Harlan Miller, 4th round value taken in the 6th round.

Meh: Brandon Williams….. total project, not sure if it was the right pick in the 3rd round considering we didn't have a 2nd rounder.

Not a fan: Toner & Christian.

Overall: B-

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nkemdiche is already impressing people: bench pressing lineman and needing to be told to slow down. Love it...esp after our last 1st round pick was pretty much the exact opposite and needed a foot in his behind to stay motivated.