• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Football and Basketball Thread

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to next year for both sports. Both teams in the Top 10 this year with some great conference and national play.

Let's improve and take it a step further.

Bear Down

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to land Swanigan or Zimmerman bad. According to PGU we most likely lose our whole starting 5.. Yikes

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to land Swanigan or Zimmerman bad. According to PGU we most likely lose our whole starting 5.. Yikes

Yeah, but Zeus just got accepted into Eller, so they say he might return. I don't know, nothing would surprise me. But if he leaves this year, then he should have just left last year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Rabb backed out of the announcement to Cal... and some are speculating he might be hearing things about Ashley and Kaleb and re-considering Zona ??

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where we stand right now w/o all starters: (am I missing anyone)

PJC, Allen, Simon
York, Trier
Pitts, Smith
Anderson,
Ristic, Comanche

Good depth in the backcourt... definitely a little lacking in the frontcourt... and a lot of uncertainty with 4 freshman and 2 transfers.

Still... an impressive roster considering the loss of 5 starters

Hopefully 1 guy decides to come back and/or Miller lands 1 more big recruit.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved hearing TJ rave about PJC

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Rabb backed out of the announcement to Cal... and some are speculating he might be hearing things about Ashley and Kaleb and re-considering Zona ??

PGU said that Rabb is definitely a lock to Cal. They aren't wrong about these things often, although I'd love for this to be one of those times.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where we stand right now w/o all starters: (am I missing anyone)

PJC, Allen, Simon
York, Trier
Pitts, Smith
Anderson,
Ristic, Comanche

Good depth in the backcourt... definitely a little lacking in the frontcourt... and a lot of uncertainty with 4 freshman and 2 transfers.

Still... an impressive roster considering the loss of 5 starters

Hopefully 1 guy decides to come back and/or Miller lands 1 more big recruit.

This is what I saw. We have an abundance in the back court, and not much in the way of front court depth. I'd hate to see us not get another big man. OUr front court depth seemed to be lacking this year as well. Other than the few minutes that Ristic got, York, PJC, and Pitts are all back court depth. I see where we can shift players up a position and that's kind of a smaller lineup (which we did somewhat often this season), but I'd like to get a balance of big and small on the bench.

Like you show, we have 7 players for our 1-3 spots, and then only 3 players for our 4 and 5. Really hoping we can get Zeus back, and/or another freshman big.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys pretty much already hit all my main thoughts.

I hate to be a debbie downer but I'm not feeling great about our team overall. We have some good guards but they all seem to be role players and very similar in terms of skill level (outside of Trier) and we lack athleticism overall, especially with our bigs.

I'd love for Zeus to return, because without him we'd just have Ristic, Anderson & Comanche down low and who knows how ready Comanche is to contribute. ACE said he thinks he'll be a non-factor his first year.

Ryan Anderson, Gabe York, Elliott Pitts and Kadeem Allen will be our only upperclassmen if Zeus leaves and none of them strike me as the "leader" type and two of them haven't even played a game in an AZ uniform yet.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also according to ACE we're basically out of the running for all of the elite big men coming in. Not good. That includes Rabb, Zimm & Swanigan.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PGU saying anything about Mike Thorne?

6'11" 270 lb JR transfer from Charlotte who is graduating this semester and will be able to play right away.

Heard a rumor that Miller is going after him.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Thorne trimmed his transfer list to just three schools, leaving off AZ, but who knows at this point. We need a grad transfer from somewhere because we will get WORKED down low if Zues decides to bolt (out my ass, I'd put it at about 80% he's gone). Even with Zues, this will certainly be a transition year for the program

We've bascially known Zimmerman isn't coming for a long while now, he's going to an Addidas school, but his Mom's twitter made for some entertaining recruiting fodder along the way. Sounds like Rabb is all locked up at Cal too barring an act of God, apparently he's in Swanigan's and Jaylen Brown's ears too to join him but I highly doubt Cal can pull all 3, those package deals Zagoria trumpets almost never come to fruition

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Rabb still hasn't committed to Cal when it was rumored he would a week ago has me thinking Miller and folk are in his ear or Rabb is realizing he would get major play time here after all. Either way the longer he keeps waiting it seems Arizona is gaining ground.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley, Ashley, Rondae, and Zeus SHOULD ALL COME BACK to have an experienced, vetern team and lead us to the championship like the Wisconsin upper classmen did this year! Yes, Im allowed to dream haha

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Rabb still hasn't committed to Cal when it was rumored he would a week ago has me thinking Miller and folk are in his ear or Rabb is realizing he would get major play time here after all. Either way the longer he keeps waiting it seems Arizona is gaining ground.

I agree. The longer he holds out, the better it is for AZ. Props to Trier for trying to get him here. I hope he picks AZ, because we could sure use him!

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Ashley will come back.
Zeus needs to stay
Rondae and Stanley are gone.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, there goes BA.

Good luck in your future BA, Bear Down.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably just wanting to make the announcement on his terms... the reports seem pretty certain.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised and can't blame him to be honest especially after his season ending injury last year. Probably doesn't want to risk another injury next year. Still, not sure how high he'd get drafted. I wish him the best of luck. I think he'll be just fine at the next level.