• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brock doesn't drop the title at SS, it will be a hell of a swerve.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brock doesn't drop the title at SS, it will be a hell of a swerve.

The crowd should throw chairs in the ring if he wins. Just fucking end it already. The stuff they did with him tonight, in a vacuum, is actually pretty good but this reign has gone on so long and has been so boring (with Roman) that I just don't give a fuck. Brock could have come out tonight and did the most badass thing ever and I'd still be asking when is this going to be over

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd should throw chairs in the ring if he wins. Just fucking end it already. The stuff they did with him tonight, in a vacuum, is actually pretty good but this reign has gone on so long and has been so boring (with Roman) that I just don't give a fuck. Brock could have come out tonight and did the most badass thing ever and I'd still be asking when is this going to be over

The only SS scenario that won't end with Brock/Reigns getting booed out the building is Braun cashing in....and I'd think that Braun would need to be in the entire match (otherwise the match will just be booed until he shows up), so maybe right when the ref is going to ring the bell to start the match, hit Braun's music and have him say he's cashing in to make it a triple threat.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Braun to menace Brock with the briefcase at the end of last night???

Braun should've come out and said they kicked the wrong guy out of the building. "Brock needs to fear the Monster in the Bank!"

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns wins the title at Summerslam and holds it until Survivor Series at least, they're behind him 110% so I expect it to be a long reign.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubba Ray Dudley said it best. The only way we can end SSlam on a positive note is a cash in.

Bully Ray On How WWE Can Make Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns IV Stand Out At Summerslam - Wrestlezone

Btw not a fan last night. Too much focus on lesnar

Yep, I said the same thing earlier in this thread (the only way to save the match is have a cash-in), but I disagree with Bubba Ray when he says it doesn't have to be Braun cashing in....the problem with KO is that the only way they'd book him to cash in is at the end of a match (or after the match), and you risk having the Reigns-Lesnar match booed until that cash-in happens.

If you have Braun do it, you could easily have him cash-in at the beginning of the match (right before they ring the bell you could have his music hit and turn it into a triple threat). That gives the fans something to cheer for throughout the match instead of having a disappointing match with a surprise ending.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I said the same thing earlier in this thread (the only way to save the match is have a cash-in), but I disagree with Bubba Ray when he says it doesn't have to be Braun cashing in....the problem with KO is that the only way they'd book him to cash in is at the end of a match (or after the match), and you risk having the Reigns-Lesnar match booed until that cash-in happens.

If you have Braun do it, you could easily have him cash-in at the beginning of the match (right before they ring the bell you could have his music hit and turn it into a triple threat). That gives the fans something to cheer for throughout the match instead of having a disappointing match with a surprise ending.
I don't think WWE (Vince) cares if fans boo Reigns. So, Braun cashing in mid-match after Brock and Reigns have been worn down some makes sense since Braun will have already wrestled a match against KO. Or a swerve. KO loses to Braun but steals the case and tries to cash in but Braun cuts him off at the last minute and cashes in himself.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think WWE (Vince) cares if fans boo Reigns. So, Braun cashing in mid-match after Brock and Reigns have been worn down some makes sense since Braun will have already wrestled a match against KO. Or a swerve. KO loses to Braun but steals the case and tries to cash in but Braun cuts him off at the last minute and cashes in himself.

The thing is, it makes Braun look weaker if he does it after Reigns and Lesnar are worn down, whereas it makes him look more strong/badass if he joins the match at the beginning. They'd probably need to have the Braun-KO match be relatively quick though if he were to be in the full main event.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, it makes Braun look weaker if he does it after Reigns and Lesnar are worn down, whereas it makes him look more strong/badass if he joins the match at the beginning. They'd probably need to have the Braun-KO match be relatively quick though if he were to be in the full main event.
It would also make him look smart something they haven't done at all.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he wins (which should be the case imo), no one will be looking at it as a dumb move.
They will if he cashes in at the beginning of the match and doesn't win. But as I've said, Braun has not been booked as the sharpest tool in the shed, just the one that does the most damage.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will if he cashes in at the beginning of the match and doesn't win. But as I've said, Braun has not been booked as the sharpest tool in the shed, just the one that does the most damage.

If they have him cash-in (regardless of when during the match), I think it's a near certainty he wins, considering all of the momentum they've put on him this year (greatest RR winner, tag team champ, MiTB). Just from a marketing standpoint, they could call Braun's 2018 one of the best years ever for a WWE superstar.

Having Reigns or Lesnar win in a place like NYC would just cause too much backlash (and I do think they realize this by now).

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have him cash-in (regardless of when during the match), I think it's a near certainty he wins, considering all of the momentum they've put on him this year (greatest RR winner, tag team champ, MiTB). Just from a marketing standpoint, they could call Braun's 2018 one of the best years ever for a WWE superstar.

Having Reigns or Lesnar win in a place like NYC would just cause too much backlash (and I do think they realize this by now).
We all know this but I'm not convinced Vince does or cares or we wouldn't be getting Brock/Reigns for the umpteenth time.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

therock*swipe left. RIP brother.
Spent all week trying to process the hard loss of my good bud, Brian Christopher Lawler.
He became a great friend the day I stepped foot in the small wrestling territory in the south known as the USWA to start my pro wrestling career.
We rode together daily (1500 miles per week) trained together at any gym we could find, ate together at any Waffle House off the highway, wrestled together in flea markets to state fairs, shared motel rooms together, and would always dream (and talk shit;) about what life would be like once we made it to the big leagues of the WWE.
Once we both finally made it to the big leagues of the WWE, nothing changed... we still did everything together. Including having nightly Madden tournaments after our wrestling matches in our motel room and then we’d extend our competitive spirit to a rowdy game of Wiffle Ball. Imagine us acting like crazy Wiffle Ball idiots at 2am in the parking lot of the Motel 6.
Our jaws would hurt from laughing so hard.
Then we’d finally take our butts to bed, hit the gym in the morning, drive 200 miles to the next town to wrestle and start the night all over again.
I’ll miss these times now even more.
Hurts my heart to know how Brian decided to check out.
I never knew him to be suicidal, but I guess sometimes the pain just gets to be too much for one to take.
I’ll miss you man and the times we had.
Thanks for being a great friend.
Thanks for being my boy.
My love, light, support and strength to Brian’s father, Jerry Lawler and Brian’s mother, Kay as well as Brian’s family and friends. ~ DJ

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching that Heyman promo last night (for people who didn't see it. He was fucking awesome.) My mind went to the following:
"What if Paul and brock are pulling the wool over our eyes?"

Anyone else?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching that Heyman promo last night (for people who didn't see it. He was fucking awesome.) My mind went to the following:
"What if Paul and brock are pulling the wool over our eyes?"

Anyone else?
They've done it before.