• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Season Thread of 2016

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this disappointing. I knew we were not going to beat Daddy (i.e., the Cavaliers), but I was not expecting another sweep. We have lost eleven, yes, eleven, games consecutively against these guys. The Hawks are never going to win a championship unless we fix the inherent issues with this lineup; that is, our lack of a go-to guy and leader, and the lack of mental toughness. A lot of changes need to be made. As always, let's start with the starters:

• Jeff Teague - PG - Needs to go. Over the last year, as Dennis Schroeder has developed and Teague has stagnated and maybe even arguably regressed, I have expressed some doubts about Teague and his viability as our guard for the future. Near the trade deadline, I was pretty sure he was going to be shipped. It's time to move on. Jeff Teague is a decent point guard. Probably borderline top ten in the league. But the Hawks simply need more than that if they're going to win a championship. Teague needs to be traded. What for? Well, I'll get to that in a second.
  • Kyle Korver - SG - Been saying it for a while now: not a starting caliber shooting guard. Probably a great sixth man to have, but not a starter. This is where the Teague trade comes in. I want to see Teague get traded for a starting quality SG.
  • Kent Bazemore - SG/SF (but mostly SF) - Would like to bring him back, but that really all depends on how much money he is going to ask for. He really disappeared against Daddy the last two games in the series, but I think he's growing into a quality starter. Not All-Star, but someone nice to have nonetheless.
  • Paul Millsap - PF - Great player. Love him. Keep him. Not much else really to say.
  • Al Horford - PF/C (but mostly center) - Al Horford is a solid player, but I'm hearing he's expecting $25 million to $33 million a year throughout his next contract. No thanks. He has played himself out of being a max player, and this franchise will doom itself by giving him that kind of money. He simply does not deserve it. Let's learn from the Joe Johnson contract from several years back.
Now for the bench:

• Dennis Schroeder - PG - His game is sometimes shaky, but he shows a lot of flashes of greatness, heart, and leadership. I think he has serious potential. He needs to be the starter. Next season is his contract season. If he turns out to be something special, then we have a star point guard. If he sucks or is no better than Teague is right now, we can just let him walk. We have nothing to lose giving Schroeder the go-ahead besides deferring rebuilding mode a little longer, a concept I don't care to do anyhow if I know we don't have a chance at winning a title with the current roster.
  • Kirk Hinrich - SG/PG - Eh. No opinion. Decent third option that will make for good depth assuming we trade Teague. Won't be sad if he walks.
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. - SG - When we traded for him, I thought he could potentially be a starter ahead of Kyle, but I'd rather just see what we can get for Teague. I think he'll make for good depth, or maybe good trade bait.
  • LaMar Patterson - SG - No opinion. Didn't see enough of him to form one.
  • Thabo Sefolosha - SG/SF (but mostly SF) - I like Thabo. Always have. If Bazemore walks and we don't sign a suitable replacement, he'll make for a decent starter, although I would rather him come off the bench.
  • Kris Humphries - PF/C (but mostly C as far as this team is concerned) - Man, was this guy a find. He's not the greatest player in the world and I really don't want him starting, but he is a luxury at backup from what I saw. No idea why he was on waivers. Maybe our system just suits him well. I will be angry if we let him walk after all the heart and hustle he showed, especially on the glass.
  • Mike Muscala - PF/C - Eh, he's cheap, still on contract, and he's okay for depth. Keep him.
  • Mike Scott - PF - Solid backup. Would not want him starting ever, but he's good for bench depth. Let's keep him.
  • Tiago Splitter - C - I like Humphries more, so let's just trade Splitter. We're gonna be paying this guy $10 million next season, so he's only a drain on our salary cap.
  • Walter Tavares - C - Did not see enough to form a good opinion.
There are two paths and only two paths that I can see this team going to winning a title, and both of them have the same thing in common: A star. There are two fantastic players I have my eye on that are going to be free agents this off-season. I am not the most knowledgeable on NBA salary cap rules, so I could be totally wrong, but I believe both of these scenarios are theoretically possible under the rules. Whether or not these two players want to play for Atlanta is up for debate.

Kevin Durant - This guy would be our first true superstar at forward since Dominique Wilkins. If we trade Teague (not necessarily for anything good, just to save money, as we might not be able to afford another starting quality player here) and Splitter, we may be able to sign Durant. After doing that, if I understand the rules correctly, we can then re-sign Horford and pay whatever the applicable luxury tax would be, and this would be legal because Horford is currently on our roster. Someone correct me if I am wrong. If this can happen, then the starting roster would be Schroeder, Korver (or whoever), Durant, Millsap, and Horford. If Schroeder pans out, that's a nasty team.

Hassan Whiteside - I think this is the easiest one to pull off. Trade Teague and Splitter, let Horford walk, and sign Whiteside. That would give us a lineup of Schroeder, (whoever we get for Teague at SG, if applicable, as I think you can go over the cap in a trade too), some SF (maybe they re-sign Bazemore in this situation), Millsap, and Whiteside. I don't think that team is quite as good as a Durant lead one, but is a very good team nonetheless.

Regardless, I think two things are certain at this point:
  1. Teague is done in Atlanta.
  2. Horford should not get a max deal unless we get Durant, in which case I am all for it if it means winning a title.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this disappointing. I knew we were not going to beat Daddy (i.e., the Cavaliers), but I was not expecting another sweep. We have lost eleven, yes, eleven, games consecutively against these guys. The Hawks are never going to win a championship unless we fix the inherent issues with this lineup; that is, our lack of a go-to guy and leader, and the lack of mental toughness. A lot of changes need to be made. As always, let's start with the starters:

• Jeff Teague - PG - Needs to go. Over the last year, as Dennis Schroeder has developed and Teague has stagnated and maybe even arguably regressed, I have expressed some doubts about Teague and his viability as our guard for the future. Near the trade deadline, I was pretty sure he was going to be shipped. It's time to move on. Jeff Teague is a decent point guard. Probably borderline top ten in the league. But the Hawks simply need more than that if they're going to win a championship. Teague needs to be traded. What for? Well, I'll get to that in a second.
  • Kyle Korver - SG - Been saying it for a while now: not a starting caliber shooting guard. Probably a great sixth man to have, but not a starter. This is where the Teague trade comes in. I want to see Teague get traded for a starting quality SG.
  • Kent Bazemore - SG/SF (but mostly SF) - Would like to bring him back, but that really all depends on how much money he is going to ask for. He really disappeared against Daddy the last two games in the series, but I think he's growing into a quality starter. Not All-Star, but someone nice to have nonetheless.
  • Paul Millsap - PF - Great player. Love him. Keep him. Not much else really to say.
  • Al Horford - PF/C (but mostly center) - Al Horford is a solid player, but I'm hearing he's expecting $25 million to $33 million a year throughout his next contract. No thanks. He has played himself out of being a max player, and this franchise will doom itself by giving him that kind of money. He simply does not deserve it. Let's learn from the Joe Johnson contract from several years back.
Now for the bench:

• Dennis Schroeder - PG - His game is sometimes shaky, but he shows a lot of flashes of greatness, heart, and leadership. I think he has serious potential. He needs to be the starter. Next season is his contract season. If he turns out to be something special, then we have a star point guard. If he sucks or is no better than Teague is right now, we can just let him walk. We have nothing to lose giving Schroeder the go-ahead besides deferring rebuilding mode a little longer, a concept I don't care to do anyhow if I know we don't have a chance at winning a title with the current roster.
  • Kirk Hinrich - SG/PG - Eh. No opinion. Decent third option that will make for good depth assuming we trade Teague. Won't be sad if he walks.
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. - SG - When we traded for him, I thought he could potentially be a starter ahead of Kyle, but I'd rather just see what we can get for Teague. I think he'll make for good depth, or maybe good trade bait.
  • LaMar Patterson - SG - No opinion. Didn't see enough of him to form one.
  • Thabo Sefolosha - SG/SF (but mostly SF) - I like Thabo. Always have. If Bazemore walks and we don't sign a suitable replacement, he'll make for a decent starter, although I would rather him come off the bench.
  • Kris Humphries - PF/C (but mostly C as far as this team is concerned) - Man, was this guy a find. He's not the greatest player in the world and I really don't want him starting, but he is a luxury at backup from what I saw. No idea why he was on waivers. Maybe our system just suits him well. I will be angry if we let him walk after all the heart and hustle he showed, especially on the glass.
  • Mike Muscala - PF/C - Eh, he's cheap, still on contract, and he's okay for depth. Keep him.
  • Mike Scott - PF - Solid backup. Would not want him starting ever, but he's good for bench depth. Let's keep him.
  • Tiago Splitter - C - I like Humphries more, so let's just trade Splitter. We're gonna be paying this guy $10 million next season, so he's only a drain on our salary cap.
  • Walter Tavares - C - Did not see enough to form a good opinion.
There are two paths and only two paths that I can see this team going to winning a title, and both of them have the same thing in common: A star. There are two fantastic players I have my eye on that are going to be free agents this off-season. I am not the most knowledgeable on NBA salary cap rules, so I could be totally wrong, but I believe both of these scenarios are theoretically possible under the rules. Whether or not these two players want to play for Atlanta is up for debate.

Kevin Durant - This guy would be our first true superstar at forward since Dominique Wilkins. If we trade Teague (not necessarily for anything good, just to save money, as we might not be able to afford another starting quality player here) and Splitter, we may be able to sign Durant. After doing that, if I understand the rules correctly, we can then re-sign Horford and pay whatever the applicable luxury tax would be, and this would be legal because Horford is currently on our roster. Someone correct me if I am wrong. If this can happen, then the starting roster would be Schroeder, Korver (or whoever), Durant, Millsap, and Horford. If Schroeder pans out, that's a nasty team.

Hassan Whiteside - I think this is the easiest one to pull off. Trade Teague and Splitter, let Horford walk, and sign Whiteside. That would give us a lineup of Schroeder, (whoever we get for Teague at SG, if applicable, as I think you can go over the cap in a trade too), some SF (maybe they re-sign Bazemore in this situation), Millsap, and Whiteside. I don't think that team is quite as good as a Durant lead one, but is a very good team nonetheless.

Regardless, I think two things are certain at this point:
  1. Teague is done in Atlanta.
  2. Horford should not get a max deal unless we get Durant, in which case I am all for it if it means winning a title.

Great summation again!

I wish had seen enough of the season to have input on all these guys, but you're spot on for the ones I do know.

92.9 had Jeff Shultz on from the AJC...not sure if you heard the interview or not, but the jist of it is they need a major change.

My thoughts mostly echo yours but I throw out a few things.

Overview...just not a great mix of players with Milsap and Horford both really playing the 4, and no legit 3. IMO Splitter/Humphries combo is not terrible at the 5.

Teague...imo he's a top 10 PG in the league and better than Schroder at the present, but not that much better and he's at his ceiling...Schroder is not...move Teague hopefully for a top 10 pick...pkg deal with Kover if need be...21st is no mans land in the NBA. MIN reportedly needs a PG....call them.

Horford...likeable guy, has a good set of skills, but not max deal skills, disappears too much in big games b/c he can't create his own shot...I would let him go or sign and trade.

Bazemore...like him, but need more production from the 3 spot...sounds like he will get offers on the open market. As you said, depend on the contract, but I'm inclined to say go.

Milsap...keeper at the 4.

Korver...should've been a 6th man LY...Hardaway Jr is not as good frm long range, but more versatile.

So...that's pretty much an overall. Guys I would try to go after...you mentioned KD, would love him at the 3...I like Jimmy Butler also...I would love Whiteside in place of Horford as well, but the guy I would want is Cousins.

Schroder
Hardaway Jr
KD or Butler
Milsap
Cousins

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great summation again!

I wish had seen enough of the season to have input on all these guys, but you're spot on for the ones I do know.

92.9 had Jeff Shultz on from the AJC...not sure if you heard the interview or not, but the jist of it is they need a major change.

My thoughts mostly echo yours but I throw out a few things.

Overview...just not a great mix of players with Milsap and Horford both really playing the 4, and no legit 3. IMO Splitter/Humphries combo is not terrible at the 5.

Teague...imo he's a top 10 PG in the league and better than Schroder at the present, but not that much better and he's at his ceiling...Schroder is not...move Teague hopefully for a top 10 pick...pkg deal with Kover if need be...21st is no mans land in the NBA. MIN reportedly needs a PG....call them.

Horford...likeable guy, has a good set of skills, but not max deal skills, disappears too much in big games b/c he can't create his own shot...I would let him go or sign and trade.

Bazemore...like him, but need more production from the 3 spot...sounds like he will get offers on the open market. As you said, depend on the contract, but I'm inclined to say go.

Milsap...keeper at the 4.

Korver...should've been a 6th man LY...Hardaway Jr is not as good frm long range, but more versatile.

So...that's pretty much an overall. Guys I would try to go after...you mentioned KD, would love him at the 3...I like Jimmy Butler also...I would love Whiteside in place of Horford as well, but the guy I would want is Cousins.

Schroder
Hardaway Jr
KD or Butler
Milsap
Cousins

If we give them we sign-and-trade Horford and give them Teague as well, I could see the Timberwolves giving us their draft pick. They already got Wiggins and Anthony-Towns, so adding Teague and Horford would be nice upgrade at both positions for them. Teague is always healthy, unlike Rubio, who has had trouble with that. Horford would be a huge upgrade at center over Dieng. Shit, with that lineup, Wolves would actually become a solid team instantly, in my opinion. And with their first rounder, we would get whatever SG or SF (whichever need is most urgent next year in the draft) in the first round we could find. Hopefully, in the event that we do this, maybe they can give us Dieng too, since they won't need him anymore, or Durant to replace Bazemore. Very interesting proposition.

What do you think we would have to give the Kings to get Cousins? I know they're not known for being an intelligently ran franchise, but I would have to think they would want a pretty penny for their top five center. Would probably give them Splitter. Wish we could give them Teague, but they have Rondo, so no reason to get Teague unless they want to give us Rondo too. Frankly, I don't want Rondo on this team. He's kinda like Dwight Howard to me: good player, but unlikable and a locker room cancer, from what I hear.

As for Jimmy Butler, I don't think we could pull that off. Horford wouldn't be an upgrade from Gasol. All we we really have they would want is maybe Teague (if they're tired of Rose's injury problems) and Millsap (who I'm not willing to give up for Butler). Maybe if we pulled off that trade with the Wolves, we could turn around and just give the Bulls the first rounder and maybe something else too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we give them we sign-and-trade Horford and give them Teague as well, I could see the Timberwolves giving us their draft pick. They already got Wiggins and Anthony-Towns, so adding Teague and Horford would be nice upgrade at both positions for them. Teague is always healthy, unlike Rubio, who has had trouble with that. Horford would be a huge upgrade at center over Dieng. Shit, with that lineup, Wolves would actually become a solid team instantly, in my opinion. And with their first rounder, we would get whatever SG or SF (whichever need is most urgent next year in the draft) in the first round we could find. Hopefully, in the event that we do this, maybe they can give us Dieng too, since they won't need him anymore, or Durant to replace Bazemore. Very interesting proposition.

What do you think we would have to give the Kings to get Cousins? I know they're not known for being an intelligently ran franchise, but I would have to think they would want a pretty penny for their top five center. Would probably give them Splitter. Wish we could give them Teague, but they have Rondo, so no reason to get Teague unless they want to give us Rondo too. Frankly, I don't want Rondo on this team. He's kinda like Dwight Howard to me: good player, but unlikable and a locker room cancer, from what I hear.

As for Jimmy Butler, I don't think we could pull that off. Horford wouldn't be an upgrade from Gasol. All we we really have they would want is maybe Teague (if they're tired of Rose's injury problems) and Millsap (who I'm not willing to give up for Butler). Maybe if we pulled off that trade with the Wolves, we could turn around and just give the Bulls the first rounder and maybe something else too.

I fully realize my lineup was more wishful thinking than reality. Cousins I mentioned because reportedly he wants out of SAC, and of course he went to Tech. Maybe the new HC from Memphis will give him a change of heart. We know SAC is not going to let him go for peanuts, but maybe they would want a less volatile big like Horford. Kind a of side note, but apparently Rondo wants a max deal and SAC is iffy at best on that....I wouldn't want Rondo either.

After hearing Schultz again yesterday...a total rebuild doesn't seem forthcoming it sounds like if coach Bud has the final say, Horford will be in ATL next year, but Teague probably won't.

The Milsap/Horford duo just doesn't work with Bazemore, not enough scoring.....KD in the 3 spot best solves this IMO. Not pulling against OKC, but if they don't get out of the west, there are rumors that he will leave and he reportedly likes ATL.

Move Teague, and maybe Kover if need be for a higher pick and add a star caliber 3 spot is the quickest fix...not sure if that's enough to get past CLE, but we know the squad as built is not.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully realize my lineup was more wishful thinking than reality. Cousins I mentioned because reportedly he wants out of SAC, and of course he went to Tech. Maybe the new HC from Memphis will give him a change of heart. We know SAC is not going to let him go for peanuts, but maybe they would want a less volatile big like Horford. Kind a of side note, but apparently Rondo wants a max deal and SAC is iffy at best on that....I wouldn't want Rondo either.

After hearing Schultz again yesterday...a total rebuild doesn't seem forthcoming it sounds like if coach Bud has the final say, Horford will be in ATL next year, but Teague probably won't.

The Milsap/Horford duo just doesn't work with Bazemore, not enough scoring.....KD in the 3 spot best solves this IMO. Not pulling against OKC, but if they don't get out of the west, there are rumors that he will leave and he reportedly likes ATL.

Move Teague, and maybe Kover if need be for a higher pick and add a star caliber 3 spot is the quickest fix...not sure if that's enough to get past CLE, but we know the squad as built is not.

On my Facebook, I saw an article-I think from Sports Southeast's page-that said that Budenholzer wants to re-sign Horford and is willing to trade Teague. I'm hoping his desire to re-sign Horford is contingent on getting someone like Kevin Durant to come here. Giving Horford a max deal and calling it a day won't do. I suppose we could still trade for Butler somehow, but I don't think he alone would put us in Cleveland's league. We need a better center, like Whiteside.

Also, lol at Rondo wanting a max deal. It's like I said before: every decent player seems to think he's a max player just because some other dumb franchise was willing to pay an average player an exorbitant amount of money.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better the Thunder do in the WCF, the more likely I think it is that he'll re-sign with the Thunder. I think unless the Thunder get dominated the next three games of the series, he stays in Oklahoma City. So, aside from some possible trades, which are hard to really quantify, the only other option is signing Whiteside. Let's hope we can sign him for more than what Miami can. It's hard to compete with that city for players otherwise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better the Thunder do in the WCF, the more likely I think it is that he'll re-sign with the Thunder. I think unless the Thunder get dominated the next three games of the series, he stays in Oklahoma City. So, aside from some possible trades, which are hard to really quantify, the only other option is signing Whiteside. Let's hope we can sign him for more than what Miami can. It's hard to compete with that city for players otherwise.

Agreed...Hawks are stuck in a mediocre cycle...too good to scrap it and start over, but not good enough to get out of the east....imo the best thing that can happen is not what most people want to hear...let Horford walk, trade Teague and try to get higher in the draft...sign Dwight Howard, move Hardaway Jr. to the starting 2...I'd really be on the phone trying to see what SAC might want for Cousins.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...Hawks are stuck in a mediocre cycle...too good to scrap it and start over, but not good enough to get out of the east....imo the best thing that can happen is not what most people want to hear...let Horford walk, trade Teague and try to get higher in the draft...sign Dwight Howard, move Hardaway Jr. to the starting 2...I'd really be on the phone trying to see what SAC might want for Cousins.

Not sure how I feel about signing Dwight Howard. I guess it all really depends on how much he wants. I've never cared for Howard's attitude either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about signing Dwight Howard. I guess it all really depends on how much he wants. I've never cared for Howard's attitude either.

Fully admit some level of panic with that move because I'm lukewarm on Howard too. But he basically does his job which is board, and D...whatever OFC you get at this point is a bonus which should be at least equal to what he's done in HOU playing with a noted ball hog.

My reasoning is this...the problem I see with the Hawks is Horford and Milsap are really the same guy except Paul has a little better off the dribble game. Horford gives you some mid range shooting that Howard won't, but Al disappears so often in crunch time that I struggle giving him a max deal.

Howard thinks he's a better OFC option than he really his and has sulked, particularly in LA and HOU. I can't blame him about it in either spot. He's a role player, but aside from FT shooting he plays his role pretty well and pretty consistently.

Howard (5), Milsap (4), Bazemore (3) Hardaway Jr (2), Schroeder (1)...assuming Baze returns at a decent price, else Sefolosha.

Korver, Mike Scott, Humphries, draft pick key reserves.

I'd gladly take Whiteside in lieu of Howard, but I just don't think Al & Paul are a good match when playoff comes.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully admit some level of panic with that move because I'm lukewarm on Howard too. But he basically does his job which is board, and D...whatever OFC you get at this point is a bonus which should be at least equal to what he's done in HOU playing with a noted ball hog.

My reasoning is this...the problem I see with the Hawks is Horford and Milsap are really the same guy except Paul has a little better off the dribble game. Horford gives you some mid range shooting that Howard won't, but Al disappears so often in crunch time that I struggle giving him a max deal.

Howard thinks he's a better OFC option than he really his and has sulked, particularly in LA and HOU. I can't blame him about it in either spot. He's a role player, but aside from FT shooting he plays his role pretty well and pretty consistently.

Howard (5), Milsap (4), Bazemore (3) Hardaway Jr (2), Schroeder (1)...assuming Baze returns at a decent price, else Sefolosha.

Korver, Mike Scott, Humphries, draft pick key reserves.

I'd gladly take Whiteside in lieu of Howard, but I just don't think Al & Paul are a good match when playoff comes.

Yeah, one of the two has to go. I'm really hoping we can get Whiteside.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, one of the two has to go. I'm really hoping we can get Whiteside.

Well...DemonJ...now that a new champion has been crowned...it's officially offseason for every team now...everyone in the east will be trying to figure out how to compete with the CAVs. The Teague to PHI for Noel rumor seems to be staying warm. Pretty much a lock that Teague doesn't come. FWIW...I'd like the Noel deal, but it still leaves the Hawks with two players at the 4 spot and no legit 3...(Baze should sign elsewhere).

As we've said many times...it really seems like coach Bud wants Horford back, but there's at least a chance Horford decides to go somewhere else himself.

Durant, I'll be shocked if he leaves OKC.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just traded Teague today. We gave Teague the Pacers, Pacers gave George Hill-their PG-to Utah, and Utah gave us their first round pick, which is the twelfth overall.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just traded Teague today. We gave Teague the Pacers, Pacers gave George Hill-their PG-to Utah, and Utah gave us their first round pick, which is the twelfth overall.

Yeah I heard...I think Teague is from IND...nice fit...given they didn't land a big, this might be pointing to AL staying...if they use both picks and sign Horford to a max deal...they will be no closer to CLE imo...the other rumor floating now is trying to package those picks to move up for Buddy Heild....we shall see

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard...I think Teague is from IND...nice fit...given they didn't land a big, this might be pointing to AL staying...if they use both picks and sign Horford to a max deal...they will be no closer to CLE imo...the other rumor floating now is trying to package those picks to move up for Buddy Heild....we shall see

If they give Horford a max, I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

From what I'm hearing, the teams pursuing him currently are the Lakers, Magic, and Pistons. Frankly, I'm surprised a true contender hasn't been reported to talk to him. You gotta figure Boston is going to talk to him. I think he would put them into true contender status.

Regardless, I'm 90% sure Horford is walking.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give Horford a max, I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

From what I'm hearing, the teams pursuing him currently are the Lakers, Magic, and Pistons. Frankly, I'm surprised a true contender hasn't been reported to talk to him. You gotta figure Boston is going to talk to him. I think he would put them into true contender status.

Regardless, I'm 90% sure Horford is walking.

Don't blame you...I like Horford a lot, but he's a good role player, he's not a max guy...not even close imo...coach Bud is on record saying they didn't want to gut the team. If they lose Horford, Teague and Baze...and replace them with #12, 21 and mid level FA...that's gutting the team.

It wouldn't bother me to see them gutted though...If it's about getting a max deal, I think he stays, if it's about being well paid and playing on a true contender...I agree with your 90%.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, God damn it, bk linked me to a report about how we're trading both our first rounders just to get space to re-sign Horford. That shit better be wrong. :mad2:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, God damn it, bk linked me to a report about how we're trading both our first rounders just to get space to re-sign Horford. That shit better be wrong. :mad2:

Well, they made the picks...but this a bit fuzzy to me...the Hawks website is announcing Bembry (21) and Cordinier (44) as their top two picks, but clearly they also had 12 (Prince taken there) but no mention of Prince.

I'm not understanding what happened.

In either case...Heild went 6th so maybe they couldn't make it work to move up that high. Admittedly I know next to nothing about college BB players so I have to trust these guys will contribute, but I'm not thinking they got much better last night....at least not next season...we'll have to see.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they made the picks...but this a bit fuzzy to me...the Hawks website is announcing Bembry (21) and Cordinier (44) as their top two picks, but clearly they also had 12 (Prince taken there) but no mention of Prince.

I'm not understanding what happened.

In either case...Heild went 6th so maybe they couldn't make it work to move up that high. Admittedly I know next to nothing about college BB players so I have to trust these guys will contribute, but I'm not thinking they got much better last night....at least not next season...we'll have to see.

It's still Utah's pick, technically. The trade hasn't been approved yet. Utah made the pick on our behalf.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still Utah's pick, technically. The trade hasn't been approved yet. Utah made the pick on our behalf.

Oh...okay, trade not finalized yet...that makes...I was out at lunch and heard on sports talk that coach Bud made the pick thru the back door, and they never went any further with it.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an AJC article I read just now, Durant's not even going to talk to us. *sigh* :L