• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NXT thread

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thought here. Don't give Asuka the title back. Move her to Raw and leave her legacy as quite possibly the greatest NXT Women's champion in history. Don't tarnish her by making her lose because if you give her the title, you eventually have to make her lose in order to get called up again. It hurts her career and legacy if she challenges whoever the new champion is because she's either gotta lose or she's gotta win the title back, have a 2nd reign with it and lose it probably around Wrestlemania time. This is a perfect scenario where they can take the belt off of Asuka without having her lose and call her up to Raw when she's fully healed. NXT legacy in tact. Now she can create a new legacy for the WWE Women's title. It sucks that she got injured, but it might actually be the absolute best thing for her legacy as a women's wrestler. Just imagine, Wrestlemania time, Asuka has NEVER been pinned or submitted, she's never been beaten with a Women's title on the line, she's faxing either Sasha or Alexa or Bayley or whoever it is. She culminates her journey back from injury at Wrestlemania by not only winning the WWE Women's title, but cementing her legacy.

It's gonna be such a great story....if done right by WWE creative.
Its not looking like she's going tools the title.Definitely looking likes she's being called up.I don't want to give any spoilers.But @UVA_Guy81 's info is on point.Looks like it was actually already been taped

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...

Who is Writing the Cole storyline is writing something gold

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i watch them. The more i think the Street Profits scream a big time team in the WWE

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not confirmed but like 98% there but most outlets are reporting Ricochet (Prince Puma) and the tag team War Machine are both signing with WWE and will be apart of NXT.

I don't really care much for Ricochet (don't hate him, just no strong love) but I love me some War Machine. WWE is getting STACKED with good tag teams. Now if only they could book that division well past NXT

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, go watch TakeOver Philly everyone. As always, NXT delivers a great PPV

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't get to watch the Gargano/Almas until this morning and figured there was no way it could live up to the hype...

Wow that was a perfect match. Rivaled anything in WWE history IMO..

The top of the NXT card is insane right now.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, go watch TakeOver Philly everyone. As always, NXT delivers a great PPV

I'm way behind on my NXT watching. Pre-NXT TakeOver:War Games behind. I still can't understand why they felt the need to lie about the reason Andrade 'Cien' Almas won the NXT title. Not to mention that if Ciampa wasn't going to interfere in the Philly match, then Gargano needed to go over. Doing it the way they did makes Gargano look like a choking chump and there's no way he's coming back from that.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm way behind on my NXT watching. Pre-NXT TakeOver:War Games behind. I still can't understand why they felt the need to lie about the reason Andrade 'Cien' Almas won the NXT title. Not to mention that if Ciampa wasn't going to interfere in the Philly match, then Gargano needed to go over. Doing it the way they did makes Gargano look like a choking chump and there's no way he's coming back from that.

He left the match to a standing ovation. It was an absolute starmaking performance for both Almas and Gargano. The whole execution was flawless.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left the match to a standing ovation. It was an absolute starmaking performance for both Almas and Gargano. The whole execution was flawless.

That means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Since Ciampa didn't interfere in the match like he should have, then the wrong person went over. I kept reading comparisons to Daniel Bryan in 2014, but they had no intention of putting him over. Just like they have no intention of putting Gargano over. Unless the fans revolt like what happened with Bryan, your flawless execution isn't really flawless after all.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime i watch the Velveteen Dream.

I See a future HOF.

Ditto for Black.

They need call-ups SOON

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime i watch the Velveteen Dream.

I See a future HOF.

Ditto for Black.

They need call-ups SOON

Black is allegedly Almas's NXT TakeOver: New Orleans opponent. But Gargano received a pity standing O in Philly so that means he's winning the belt in NO and not Black.....or something.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Since Ciampa didn't interfere in the match like he should have, then the wrong person went over. I kept reading comparisons to Daniel Bryan in 2014, but they had no intention of putting him over. Just like they have no intention of putting Gargano over. Unless the fans revolt like what happened with Bryan, your flawless execution isn't really flawless after all.

Before last night I would have said the best 4 matches in WWE history are (in no order) Hart/SCSA, Angle/Benoit, Steamboat/Savage and Undertaker/Michaels (WM 25)

In every one of those matches the loser came out of it a winner long term. This match was absolutely in that class. I knew Gargano was "good". Now I know He's great. Last night was huge for him

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before last night I would have said the best 4 matches in WWE history are (in no order) Hart/SCSA, Angle/Benoit, Steamboat/Savage and Undertaker/Michaels (WM 25)

In every one of those matches the loser came out of it a winner long term. This match was absolutely in that class. I knew Gargano was "good". Now I know He's great. Last night was huge for him

You think he's great, a lot of WWE fans think he's great. But those opinions mean diddly squat when the WWE doesn't think he's great. Like I said in the post you quoted, if not for a fan revolt the WWE had zero intention in pushing Daniel Bryan. Just like WWE has zero intention of pushing Johnny Gargano. Not to mention, those 4 matches you listed are 4 of the most overrated matches, not just in WWE history, but of all time. I can't say Almas and Gargano is an all-time great match yet because it's too recent to make such a claim.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think he's great, a lot of WWE fans think he's great. But those opinions mean diddly squat when the WWE doesn't think he's great. Like I said in the post you quoted, if not for a fan revolt the WWE had zero intention in pushing Daniel Bryan. Just like WWE has zero intention of pushing Johnny Gargano. Not to mention, those 4 matches you listed are 4 of the most overrated matches, not just in WWE history, but of all time. I can't say Almas and Gargano is an all-time great match yet because it's too recent to make such a claim.

He was just given a 35 minute main event match at either the 2nd or 3rd biggest NXT takeover of the year . That was already an endorsement and a show of faith by the company.

He and Almas then proceeded to tear the house down in an alltime great match. This isn't arthouse cinema. I don't think we need to see if it stands the test of time. It's already a classic.

If both Almas and Gargano's stock didn't go through the roof than it has nothing to do with the fact that one of them had to lose. It means something is broken (I don't think it is )

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also I'm curious what are the great matches in WWE history if ALL of the ones I listed are overrated

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Gargano/Almas make me a better wrestling fan for seeing this match.

But for NXT this is nothing new

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just given a 35 minute main event match at either the 2nd or 3rd biggest NXT takeover of the year . That was already an endorsement and a show of faith by the company.

He and Almas then proceeded to tear the house down in an alltime great match. This isn't arthouse cinema. I don't think we need to see if it stands the test of time. It's already a classic.

If both Almas and Gargano's stock didn't go through the roof than it has nothing to do with the fact that one of them had to lose. It means something is broken (I don't think it is )

You still haven't addressed my main point, only my secondary point. Which you're wrong about, but you're a prisoner of the moment and refuse to listen to reason.

SCSA/Hart had a better match 4 months prior to their WM13 match. Angle/Benoit is a very good match, but not a top-5 all time classic. Savage/Steamboat has been beaten to death, resurrected, then beaten to death again. If I see another DVD release with that match on there I'm going to go all Wayne Brady on the WWE. Taker/Michaels had a better match 8 years previous. They set the template for that particular match.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Gargano/Almas make me a better wrestling fan for seeing this match.

But for NXT this is nothing new

Are done with the hyperbole? It's a good-to-great match, not the greatest match of all time. Anyone who claims that needs to stop watching wrestling right now.