• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prevent d in the preseason. Wtf

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to put too much into it when half the starters aren't playing.

Nice pick six by Fuller tho!
I saw that play. I didn’t see much of the game, but I felt like fuller only picked that because the wr fell down. He had a good return, but again, his would be tackler on that play fell down. Based off the stats, it looks like this team still has a long way to go. It’s only preseason though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that play. I didn’t see much of the game, but I felt like fuller only picked that because the wr fell down. He had a good return, but again, his would be tackler on that play fell down. Based off the stats, it looks like this team still has a long way to go. It’s only preseason though.
He definitely fell down, but Fuller was on him like stink on shit, and likely that stingy coverage contributed to the WR falling to begin with.

Whether he fell or not, ya still gotta make the plays in front of ya, and he did, and had a nice return on it too....did a good job of not going down there, at like the 6.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense looked a little shaky, but let's try to remember that most the starters didn't even play, particularly important skill position players, like Howard and Robinson.

Kevin White had a bad 3rd down drop on the first possession. They were bailed out on the play by a roughing the passer, fortunately for him. And Trubs over-threw him on a deep ball to start the game, but other than that, the offense just looked like a young team with a new system. They definitely still have a long ways to go, but don't be surprised if they look a whole lot better come week 1.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't pay me to think these performances by our first team matter towards regular season results. I know I say this every year, but it's demonstrably true.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't pay me to think these performances by our first team matter towards regular season results. I know I say this every year, but it's demonstrably true.
I didn’t see the game, so I can’t comment. It didn’t look like all starters were playing. However, there are some things in the preseason that foreshadow what will happen in the regular season. From the sound of it, the offense never had a shot to get rolling before the second stringers came out. Hopefully those mistakes get cleared up, but my take away is similar to yours. It’s the first preseason game and they were out there for 1 drive.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the Bears hate James Daniels and Cody Whitehair?

Daniels should be center and Whitehair, LG.

Leno Whitehair Daniels Long Massie

That's how it should be, IMO.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the Bears hate James Daniels and Cody Whitehair?

Daniels should be center and Whitehair, LG.

Leno Whitehair Daniels Long Massie

That's how it should be, IMO.
Agreed. I understand that they wanted to bring Daniels along a little more slowly and it's obviously easier doing so from the G position. But this kid is a natural center. I thought for sure by now he would be in that spot and Cody back in his old position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see the game, so I can’t comment. It didn’t look like all starters were playing. However, there are some things in the preseason that foreshadow what will happen in the regular season. From the sound of it, the offense never had a shot to get rolling before the second stringers came out. Hopefully those mistakes get cleared up, but my take away is similar to yours. It’s the first preseason game and they were out there for 1 drive.

I honestly believe the majority of the Bears seasons I have watched in my life. They have wound up with regular season results polar opposite to how they looked in the pre-season.

I remember how bad everyone thought we'd be in 2010 because of how bad fans thought our starters looked. Similarly, in 05 before Lovie's Bears took control of the North for two years. I remember in 07 our starters killed it after the SB season and everyone was talking about how we were an even better team. Same with 09 and Cutler's first year. Yet, we stunk both of those years and went 7-9 in each.

I just can't bring myself to care anymore. I only saw the first half of the Bengals game. I made plans for tonight, will miss the game. I would not have done that in any other prior season, but I can't muster up the will to give a damn about pre-season anymore. Just stay healthy. I don't care if Trubs doesn't complete a single pass the next two weeks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly, I believe the infamous '85 Bears went 1-3 in the preseason.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I understand that they wanted to bring Daniels along a little more slowly and it's obviously easier doing so from the G position. But this kid is a natural center. I thought for sure by now he would be in that spot and Cody back in his old position.
Not to mention, it is arguable that Whitehair regressed a little last year at Center.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed this graphic right before kickoff and thought it was worth sharing.
I was impressed.
First 2 seasons rushing totals as a Bear:

Bears RB first 2 years rushing yards top 5.png

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Bears-Broncos game...

Not impressed.

I thought that even watered down, our O seemed more creative than all of last season.

I thought Burton looks like he could be the real deal and should have a good season.

I think Anthony Miller is going to be a special player.

I thought Trubs played alright save for that last throw. Which looked like the o-line got worked and he rushed a throw, that a diminutive Cohen wasn't ready for.

Adam Shaheen injured again, and Leonard Floyd left in the 2nd and is ruled out with a hand injury.

We are woefully weak at OLB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that even watered down, our O seemed more creative than all of last season.
Check

I thought Burton looks like he could be the real deal and should have a good season.
Check

I think Anthony Miller is going to be a special player.
Check - and we should have used him more tonite.

I thought Trubs played alright save for that last throw. Which looked like the o-line got worked and he rushed a throw, that a diminutive Cohen wasn't ready for.
What's up with those sidearm passes. I counted at least two. Stop that. Now.

Adam Shaheen injured again, and Leonard Floyd left in the 2nd and is ruled out with a hand injury.
Any local updates on either injury? I didn't like the way Sheehan moved off the field. It had that IR look to it.

We are woefully weak at OLB.
Our D played remarkably poor overall, especially the secondary.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, anyone else think Robertson-Harris has won the battle for the 3rd starter on the DL over Bullard? I know there are two more games left before they matter and Bullard might step up, but at this point, I don't think he's starting material. Good role/sub player, but not a starter.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, anyone else think Robertson-Harris has won the battle for the 3rd starter on the DL over Bullard? I know there are two more games left before they matter and Bullard might step up, but at this point, I don't think he's starting material. Good role/sub player, but not a starter.
I thought he showed enough to get more reps LAST YEAR. He is a beast. His body-type reminds me a little of Julius Peppers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Whitehair had multiple shitty shotgun snaps last nite. I love the kid, and think the way he handled his rookie year was remarkable, but I still think he's a much better Left Guard, and I think Daniels could hold down the center job just fine.

Get the youngins on the field, IMO.

Leno, Whitehair, Daniels, Long and Massie would be a stout, athletic o-line, but I'm just a retard on the internet, so take that for what it's worth en sech.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he showed enough to get more reps LAST YEAR. He is a beast. His body-type reminds me a little of Julius Peppers.
I was a big Bullard fan from the day he became a Bear. There were times in the various camps where he showed why they drafted him. Yet it seems that once the games commence, he just kinda becomes a so-so player. Certainly not bad, but nothing that stands out. I like how RH goes about his business, he always seems to be moving his OL opponent backward. Like I said, at this point I think he's earned the right to be labeled the starter. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Whitehair had multiple shitty shotgun snaps last nite. I love the kid, and think the way he handled his rookie year was remarkable, but I still think he's a much better Left Guard, and I think Daniels could hold down the center job just fine.

Get the youngins on the field, IMO.

Leno, Whitehair, Daniels, Long and Massie would be a stout, athletic o-line, but I'm just a retard on the internet, so take that for what it's worth en sech.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the young talent on the line. The Bears need to get them out there and let them play.