• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Rookie Of The Year Odds

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the same chance all the rest have. No one ever won it on paper and predictions....We'll see when the bell rings who comes out swinging and keeps on swinging to the end.....
No the odds r not equal

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he will, even after he gets his first NFL concussion he will still be better than a healthy Mariota.
I like Luke Falk, and I think he has a decent chance to be a starter in the NFL at some point. But it's not happening this year unless Mariota suffers a serious injury, and any OROY talk at this point is not based in reality.

EDIT: and even if Mariota is injured, TEN would probably put a scrap heap vet in there over a late round rookie.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the odds r not equal

I didn't say odds are the same, but odds are just a guess based on previous achievements and we well know they are wrong more than right and especially when it comes to predicting college stars as NFL stars....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Luke Falk, and I think he has a decent chance to be a starter in the NFL at some point. But it's not happening this year unless Mariota suffers a serious injury, and any OROY talk at this point is not based in reality.

EDIT: and even if Mariota is injured, TEN would probably put a scrap heap vet in there over a late round rookie.

Accurate

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is why Tennessee won't be in the SB with this line of thinking.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Accurate

I personally hate Marriotta, but Tennessee doesnt, so they are fucked, like a lot of organizations that dont realize how much their QB sucks

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Accurate

I personally hate Marriotta, but Tennessee doesnt, so they are fucked, like a lot of organizations that dont realize how much their QB sucks
I think they got two years to figure out what they have in Mariota. Mularkey fucked'em real bad.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got two years to figure out what they have in Mariota. Mularkey fucked'em real bad.

These 9-7 Type QB's that sneak into a postseason, can really screw an organization

I see the same problem in Miami, who still wont throw in the towel on Tannehill, who will never lead team anywhere

Next up - Dak Prescott, his rookie season has bought him 5 years of mediocrity in Dallas

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 9-7 Type QB's that sneak into a postseason, can really screw an organization

I see the same problem in Miami, who still wont throw in the towel on Tannehill, who will never lead team anywhere

Next up - Dak Prescott, his rookie season has bought him 5 years of mediocrity in Dallas
I hear what you're saying even If I come from a different paradigm than what you're using, but that scheme was legit bad. On the Peters INT last year the WR's were so close together Peters could come off his coverage and the WR's could be single covered by 1 other DB as they both crash towards the sideline.

Holy shit how did the Chiefs lose to that team... Well, terrible defense I know but damn.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying even If I come from a different paradigm than what you're using, but that scheme was legit bad. On the Peters INT last year the WR's were so close together Peters could come off his coverage and the WR's could be single covered by 1 other DB as they both crash towards the sideline.

Holy shit how did the Chiefs lose to that team... Well, terrible defense I know but damn.

I can buy that, but I will say not sure if Mike Vrabel is gonna fix those offensive schemes

I just see Marriotta as a feast or famine guy that will always lack consistency, for the record its exactly what I see in Jameis Winston

As far as the Chiefs game, it seems the Kelce injury completely knocked them out of whack offensively

And of course Derrick Henry roughing roughshed

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy that, but I will say not sure if Mike Vrabel is gonna fix those offensive schemes

I just see Marriotta as a feast or famine guy that will always lack consistency, for the record its exactly what I see in Jameis Winston

As far as the Chiefs game, it seems the Kelce injury completely knocked them out of whack offensively

And of course Derrick Henry roughing roughshed
Well yeah, Alex Smith is highly dependent on his cast. That we all knew and Kelce is the ultimate security blanket for Smith. They only ran to one side of the defense with Henry too to avoid Justin Houston's edge. That whole game was mental. The Chiefs draft is arguably the most reactionary draft in the league.

Defense is going to be very different, don't know how much better, but it'll be better.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's also the fact that only 1 team per conference makes the SB. The Titans could do it all exactly the way you think they should, and they probably still won't make the SB this year. In fact, I bet their chances would be much, much less if random fans get to call the shots over people who actually do this stuff for a living.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they finally made a decent effort to put some play makers around him, of course AR and Brady don't need any of them, they can block for themselves, throw the ball and go catch it all by themselves !!!:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
You know for someone who proposes to be as educated as you do, you really say some stupid things and your disdain for Flacco is always at the front when speaking of the Ravens....
You could bet everything you own that if Flacco was available Horse tooth John would have been all over him last year and this one along with several other teams....
When you have a qb that can make all the throws and has won as much as he has, real football heads know he is capable of taking it to the house with a team around him....Not every qb is gonna make the Brady level and as of this point, AR ain't even close and getting long in the tooth himself....
And let me drop a little piece of knowledge on you, no one cares what you feel like about a player's skill level, especially when it disputes actual pros opinions about said player...
Click your heals Dorothy, you need to get back to Kansas now....

Man you are taking this all way too personally.

I've never said those other guys don't need weapons around them. They have proven though that for the most part no matter who is around them they still produce at a very high level. Flacco has not shown that throughout his career.
As for Flacco I honestly couldn't care less about him. I do think Ravens fans overestimate him and always point back to his Super Bowl run. Yeah he had a great 4-game run at the most important part of the season. He deserves respect for that but since he has been paid the Ravens have been a very mediocre team and that is being kind. And to me all you need to know of how the Ravens feel about Flacco is the fact that they took a QB in the 1st round of the draft. You only do that if you believe that guy will be the future of your franchise. Flacco's days are numbered in Baltimore.

As for no one caring what I think...I guess that is fine for you to think. I actually do work with draft people on a very regular basis both teams (NFL) and with the college players. I was at the Senior Bowl this past January as a media person for CBS. So again some of this is my own opinion but some of what I say on here is from the mouths of those who actually run the drafts for NFL teams. I think Hayden Hurst is a decent prospect. I think he will produce for the Ravens but I just don't think he will be a top-5 TE in the NFL at any point in his career.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you are taking this all way too personally.

I've never said those other guys don't need weapons around them. They have proven though that for the most part no matter who is around them they still produce at a very high level. Flacco has not shown that throughout his career.
As for Flacco I honestly couldn't care less about him. I do think Ravens fans overestimate him and always point back to his Super Bowl run. Yeah he had a great 4-game run at the most important part of the season. He deserves respect for that but since he has been paid the Ravens have been a very mediocre team and that is being kind. And to me all you need to know of how the Ravens feel about Flacco is the fact that they took a QB in the 1st round of the draft. You only do that if you believe that guy will be the future of your franchise. Flacco's days are numbered in Baltimore.

As for no one caring what I think...I guess that is fine for you to think. I actually do work with draft people on a very regular basis both teams (NFL) and with the college players. I was at the Senior Bowl this past January as a media person for CBS. So again some of this is my own opinion but some of what I say on here is from the mouths of those who actually run the drafts for NFL teams. I think Hayden Hurst is a decent prospect. I think he will produce for the Ravens but I just don't think he will be a top-5 TE in the NFL at any point in his career.

Sure, and I taught Madden everything he knows....I have said before Joe is not great but a top tier qb when he was healthy and had some players around him that wasn't already washed up when bargain bin Ozzie signed them...Yes he only has a few more years at best and that only if he really wants to....He is a total dedicated family man and very rich, so that is the only question that needs to be answered for him...
But I don't think AR has produced anymore than Joe has even with a 3 year jump and sitting under one the greats for 3 yrs first....
I think Flacco has probably been to more Championship games than him or as many and has the same amount of MVP SB's as him.....So you may like his style of play better and that's fine, but the proof is in the hardware...
And we've seen first round qb's before here in b'more that were total busts....If it's Ozzie's pick and I'm sure it was, odds are, he'll stink it up....Joe's job is safe this yr, and I will predict it will be an outstanding year.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and I taught Madden everything he knows....I have said before Joe is not great but a top tier qb when he was healthy and had some players around him that wasn't already washed up when bargain bin Ozzie signed them...Yes he only has a few more years at best and that only if he really wants to....He is a total dedicated family man and very rich, so that is the only question that needs to be answered for him...
But I don't think AR has produced anymore than Joe has even with a 3 year jump and sitting under one the greats for 3 yrs first....
I think Flacco has probably been to more Championship games than him or as many and has the same amount of MVP SB's as him.....So you may like his style of play better and that's fine, but the proof is in the hardware...
And we've seen first round qb's before here in b'more that were total busts....If it's Ozzie's pick and I'm sure it was, odds are, he'll stink it up....Joe's job is safe this yr, and I will predict it will be an outstanding year.....
Top tier for four games

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Rodgers and Flacco are equal QB's then? I'm not even sure how to respond to such stupidity. Flacco's best season of his career is maybe equal to the worst season of Rodgers' career. Flacco early on in his career was never asked to carry the team. When he was his team couldn't make the playoffs. Rodgers from the very beginning has been asked to carry that Packers team. Rodgers when healthy his team makes the playoffs even with him taking up a big chunk of the cap. Since Flacco got paid he has made the playoffs only once.

And Super Bowl MVP's are one game! Rodgers has been MVP of the entire NFL twice. He is viewed as a guy that stands a very good chance to be recognized as a top-10 QB of all time when all is said and done.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodgers and Flacco are equal QB's then? I'm not even sure how to respond to such stupidity. Flacco's best season of his career is maybe equal to the worst season of Rodgers' career. Flacco early on in his career was never asked to carry the team. When he was his team couldn't make the playoffs. Rodgers from the very beginning has been asked to carry that Packers team. Rodgers when healthy his team makes the playoffs even with him taking up a big chunk of the cap. Since Flacco got paid he has made the playoffs only once.

And Super Bowl MVP's are one game! Rodgers has been MVP of the entire NFL twice. He is viewed as a guy that stands a very good chance to be recognized as a top-10 QB of all time when all is said and done.
This is like talking to Brees1 or pe1