• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only six people and that isn’t enough? So if we caught six in the database, how many got through and how many weren’t in the database?

American revolution
Civil War
Spanish/ American war
World war I
World war II (including the "Red Scare")
Korea
Vietnam
current engagements

...and you're worried about six guys? BTW: to be fair to you, those that you want to count who might have slipped through. and gotten into the country. WOW!! Now I know why MAGA works on some folks!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do. We would still have federal land without national parks, correct?

Yep, we would but wouldn't we be without National Parks and therefore fewer trees? I kinda think that they are more important to have than not.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...if we stopped more, what does that have to do with policing.

Maybe Obama should take notes on economic growth so the US is more desirable. See what I did there.

Truth is, liberals are pouring money into South America to fund caravans.

Let me just state flatly, walls don't stop anything, when you have shovels to tunnel, ladders and ropes to scale and most important, open borders along the Gulf of Mexico, and both coasts. I will admit this though, a wall might prove problematic and even change some minds about entering where a wall exists or in this case is being proposed, but those same people will figure out a way to come in by some other entryway. So, honestly, who does it truly stop? (Rhetorical) We all know the answer!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because reality is, I dont see many Americans willing to work two and three jobs, and live with 10 people in a two bedroom apartment in order to take care of themselves.

Hey!! watch it bub__The people of Louisiana!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... What makes Trump remotely trustworthy on this?

He appeals to cowards and former Reagan supporters who once believed in that "Shining city on a hill" but now, have been conned by a fear monger who has convinced them that the city is broken, and "Only I alone can fix it."

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are only two countries connected to the US and share a border. The first is Canada who isn’t attached to any shithole countries. The second is Mexico, which is attached to shithole countries.

Let me seriously ask you about this. Isn't it true that for multiple generations this country has been willing to send and spend the very lifeblood of it's youth around the world to fight threats real and imagined wherever they might be?

So, the question is why do we have "shithole" countries in our own back yard and have done nothing to quell the threat, real or imagined that they present? (BTW: a wall won't fix this)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be tough like turkey and Israel stop.being wimpy build the wall America is the richest nation on earth but its feeled with alot of liberal pussies and cry babies Build the Wall

Somebody's is projecting!:D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
300 Americans die of heroin overdoses a week, and 90 percent of that heroin is smuggled through our southern border.

But why care about that ? It’s all about race isnt it ?

All I'm going to say about the users is...Lock them up! Lock them up! Lock them up!:ninja:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He appeals to cowards and former Reagan supporters who once believed in that "Shining city on a hill" but now, have been conned by a fear monger who has convinced them that the city is broken, and "Only I alone can fix it."

Let me seriously ask you about this. Isn't it true that for multiple generations this country has been willing to send and spend the very lifeblood of it's youth around the world to fight threats real and imagined wherever they might be?

So, the question is why do we have "shithole" countries in our own back yard and have done nothing to quell the threat, real or imagined that they present? (BTW: a wall won't fix this)

Somebody's is projecting!:D

Illegal alien? from which planet? :D

Christ is an idiot?? well OK!:D

You seem to be triggered this morning. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
six bills have been passed by the house to reopen the government.

The original bill that was passed unanimously in the senate to reopen the government was also passed in the house. Trump refused to sign that bill, McConnell has refused to bring any of the house bills to the senate floor.

Does he fear that those bills will pass with a veto proof majority. The only funding not agreed on is the wall.

Trump and McConnell are holding the government hostage to try and force funding specifically for the wall.

The Shutdown has already cost almost $3.8B and by the time it ends, will have cost more than the wall funding asked for.

Interesting that there's a well established standard in this country that "we don't negotiate with terrorists!"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be triggered this morning. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Naw, cool as the other side of the pillow, but you have to admit, thus far every response has been observationally astute as any this morning!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attemp to be clever: failure

It worked for me, and that's all that matters! BTW: evidently it worked for you as well, "fail" or not" you've acknowledged the attempt!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I seriously would like an answer to this question from you, and not the answer of the day from the white house.....What happened to Trump's vow/promise/pledge that Mexico would pay for the wall? How do you personally reconcile the President's ever shifting position on this funding?

Mexico will pay for the wall "indirectly". How? The new deal Trump made with Mexico will benefit the US by at least 5 billion.

Wall reduces the # of illegal immigrants coming into the country from Mexico.

Reduction of US taxpayer money going to illegal "Mexican" immigrants by way of welfare payments or the cost of putting them up in our prisons will SAVE the US at least 5 billion dollars.

And even if that doesn't satisfy you, WHO CARES!!! Trump has already made good on so many campaign promises he probably ranks #1 in all of history in that category. Now if you didn't vote for him, that's probably not seen by you as a good thing, and no matter what you think of him, you have to at least give him credit for being unlike the typical politician that promises 2 dozen things and follows through with maybe 1 or 2 of their promises.

Now don't peg me before you know me. I'm NOT a Republican, not even close!!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we have, but didn’t the lifeblood also join willingly, knowing full well they may be going around the world?

You aren’t a “shithole” because of a physical threat. You are a “shithole” when you lack the amenities of the first world. “Shithole” is a descriptor to Americans who are over indulged and spoiled. Some countries are “shitholes,” Venezuela, by the choices they make. The wall would be about the rule of law and sovereignty. Scaling a wall or digging a hole takes time. The longer it takes, the more time border security has to find and stop you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked for me, and that's all that matters! BTW: evidently it worked for you as well, "fail" or not" you've acknowledged the attempt!

Oh damn, there's another attempt! I can't stop myself this morning! Medic!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does NAFTA produce enough funds? Probably, But that’s not what he said he was going to do. And the funds realized through NAFTA don’t directly flow into the Federal coffers. They help to offset the trade balance with companies doing business in Mexico.

It just upsets me that the guy promised that Mexico would pay for it knowing there is no way they would. So now you and I have to pay for it. What else has he misled us on?

Also, what guarantees does he offer that this solves the problem forever? If I have to pay for it, I want to know what I’m getting.

BTW, I agree the Federal workforce needs to be reduced. And serious spending cuts need to be implemented, and should have been with the change in the tax laws.

Problems are rarely solved "forever", much less such a complicated problem/issue such as immigration.

Of course a wall, all by itself won't "solve" the problem. But if it reduces the problem significantly, isn't that worth a measly 5 billion?

3000+ murders, in Texas ALONE, since 2000. If a wall reduced the # of murders committed by illegal immigrants by 33%, so OVER ONE THOUSAND SAVED LIVES, wouldn't that be worth 5 billion???

5,000,000,000 divided by 1000 = 5 million. 5 mil divided by the # of taxpayers in America means what? 10 cents in taxes PER TAX PAYER, for every life saved? That would be if there were only 50 million taxpayers.

And hey, murdering Texans is not the only crime illegal immigrants commit.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico will pay for the wall "indirectly". How? The new deal Trump made with Mexico will benefit the US by at least 5 billion.

Wall reduces the # of illegal immigrants coming into the country from Mexico.

Reduction of US taxpayer money going to illegal "Mexican" immigrants by way of welfare payments or the cost of putting them up in our prisons will SAVE the US at least 5 billion dollars.

And even if that doesn't satisfy you, WHO CARES!!! Trump has already made good on so many campaign promises he probably ranks #1 in all of history in that category. Now if you didn't vote for him, that's probably not seen by you as a good thing, and no matter what you think of him, you have to at least give him credit for being unlike the typical politician that promises 2 dozen things and follows through with maybe 1 or 2 of their promises.

Now don't peg me before you know me. I'm NOT a Republican, not even close!!!

Serious question, do you actually believe anything that you've written here?

Status
Not open for further replies.