• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we going with the old tried and true.. see what he meant was excuse right??

It has got to be draining to have to continually try and contextualize some of the blatantly racist shit the GOP has said and done over the past few years.
Shark they went to PR. On vacation during the shutdown . Not even close to racists

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark they went to PR. On vacation during the shutdown . Not even close to racists

One, they were not on vacation. It was a fund raising and rebuild mission for a US territory that is still recovering.

Two, when telling a Latino congressman to go back to Puerto Rico, that reeks of the old tried and true go back to where you came from that we have heard time and again from the far right.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One, they were not on vacation. It was a fund raising and rebuild mission for a US territory that is still recovering.

Two, when telling a Latino congressman to go back to Puerto Rico, that reeks of the old tried and true go back to where you came from that we have heard time and again from the far right.
While sunning themselves on the beach

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While sunning themselves on the beach

First, when I go on vacation I dont usually go with 30 of my co-workers.

Secondly, when I go on a business trip I am not usually confined to working 72 hours straight. So if Im on site in another state, city or country... I do in fact have some time to relax and enjoy the area.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, when I go on vacation I dont usually go with 30 of my co-workers.

Secondly, when I go on a business trip I am not usually confined to working 72 hours straight. So if Im on site in another state, city or country... I do in fact have some time to relax and enjoy the area.
again they did it during the shut down and i doubt the did anything constructive , much like nancy and her hawaiin vacation

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again they did it during the shut down and i doubt the did anything constructive , much like nancy and her hawaiin vacation

And Trump went on a photo op in a War Zone during a shutdown.

This trip was planned months ago. And while it was likely bad optics to some for them to still go during the shutdown, reality is the Shutdown is on Trump. He owned it, and he is keeping it going because he cant give up on a campaign promise that he knows will mean the end of his time to rule if he doesnt fight to keep it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this imply to you that everyone that has republican leanings acts this way?

Not at all. Just as every Democrat is not for open borders or what ever else scares the shit out of the ultra conservatives.

But some times you need to call a spade a spade. And I have grown overly tired of the old tried and true... well what he really meant was excuses coming from both sides. And I think one side is a bit more screwed up in their over all thinking is all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Trump went on a photo op in a War Zone during a shutdown.

This trip was planned months ago. And while it was likely bad optics to some for them to still go during the shutdown, reality is the Shutdown is on Trump. He owned it, and he is keeping it going because he cant give up on a campaign promise that he knows will mean the end of his time to rule if he doesnt fight to keep it.
so what if the commander and chief visited the troops ? BFD . not an issue . the reality is the shutdown is on the dems for failing to live up to their promises for 30 years . they have no intention of giving trump a perceived victory even if the were for a wall in 2015

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what if the commander and chief visited the troops ? BFD . not an issue . the reality is the shutdown is on the dems for failing to live up to their promises for 30 years . they have no intention of giving trump a perceived victory even if the were for a wall in 2015

Why should they?? At the end of the day, this shutdown is going to cost more than he is asking for on the wall. And will likely make him a one term President. Federal workers are starting to bail on him over this. And the only reason he visited the troops is because he needed a little positive press. But honestly I would give him $5B for FULL citizenship for those currently in limbo. Not a penny more. Because at the end of the day the Wall is going to cost 15 to 20 times more than that. And the land fights will last well into the next election.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they?? At the end of the day, this shutdown is going to cost more than he is asking for on the wall. And will likely make him a one term President. Federal workers are starting to bail on him over this. And the only reason he visited the troops is because he needed a little positive press. But honestly I would give him $5B for FULL citizenship for those currently in limbo. Not a penny more. Because at the end of the day the Wall is going to cost 15 to 20 times more than that. And the land fights will last well into the next election.
no it wont he can get the money in other ways

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen estimates of $70B but even if its only gets estimated at half that... when is the last time you have seen a government project come in under budget??

Also it wouldnt matter if Trump offered to pay for it out of his own pocket, unless congress approves the construction its dead in the water.

Just for fun i did a Materials only cost for 1600 miles of concrete 30 feet high and 4 feet thick. Just in materials that was $3.9B and that does not account for buying land along the border, and construction cost.

And steel slats aint any less expensive

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also you do realize the reason he didnt sign the deal before the shutdown is because it included $1.6B for border security but had wording that said no NEW fencing or walls with that money right?? He pitched a fit because Coulter and Hannity told him to. Our country is being run by Faux News pundits.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hannity for president 2024!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so lets look at this another way.

Say you get the wall. And I expect, say it doesnt work and people still try and cross the border (either to sneak in or to request asylum).

So once it does not stem the tide.. whats the next logical step?? I have seen people call for Armed Troops on the border. Trump has even come out and said, he expects just that.

So where does the line draw?? Do we need a mine field like they have in Korea?? How about Machine Gun nests every 100 yards or so??

Im not ok with the look of the wall. And more importantly Im not ok with what the mentality behind it says. Because you can try and gloss it over all you want, but history and even current incidents show what "Americans" are capable of once they have deemed a particular group as the enemy. I see alot of similarity of how Latinos are being treated now to the way Blacks have historically been treated in this country. To me going backwards in an attempt to make some Americans feel safe, at the expense of other Americans doesnt work for me. The system does need to change and going back to the 1950 is not the positive change in my opinion.

1- people will still try to cross the border illegally. I expect fewer to be successful.

2- the next logical step is enforce E-verify (which should already be done) and keep a database on VISAs and actually remove people who overstay. As for the southern border, sure put down land mines and turrets. Why not?

3- What is wrong with the look? You are seeing what you want to see because of what you perceive to be racial injustice. You have already stated your goal is to have white people in the minority.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the wall does work, I expect it will just embolden those that have already started to show their ass in this country. And lets be real.. most of the Maga heads are against things like Gay rights, Immigration (from certain areas), so Im thinking the 80s would not be the optimal time frame in the minds of that particular mass.

Again you havent told me the next step. Because two things are known.

1. The Majority of our illegals at this point are Visa overstays from places other than south of the border.
2. Some people wont be content with stopping the tide from south of the border and the next step will be round up and deportation squads.

1- what gay rights?

2- I am against immigration from places such as Mogadishu. I have been there...no thank you.

3- What is wrong with deportation of people who are not legally in the country? BTW, I am for a version of DACA, but not until we control the tide of those coming in. If we don’t first control the tide of those coming in, then there will be this same discussion twenty or thirty years down the road because we already legalized 30 million under Reagan with the promise from democrats to control the flow. Democrats obviously lied.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1- Sure it was a fund raising trip. I am sure there was no fun at all on it. Let me ask this...what did they raise there that they couldn’t have from Washington?

2- So you would have been OK with him saying this to a white dude? You automatically assume racism when Dad gave you a perfectly plausible explanation. Again, not everything said to a person is based on race...and if it was, who cares? What if some democrat told a white guy to go back to SC but the guy was from Delaware? Would you be equally out raged?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen estimates of $70B but even if its only gets estimated at half that... when is the last time you have seen a government project come in under budget??

Also it wouldnt matter if Trump offered to pay for it out of his own pocket, unless congress approves the construction its dead in the water.

Just for fun i did a Materials only cost for 1600 miles of concrete 30 feet high and 4 feet thick. Just in materials that was $3.9B and that does not account for buying land along the border, and construction cost.

And steel slats aint any less expensive
And this prevents him from getting the money somewhere else again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.